Thread: Rumor On Plans For Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards

Default Rumor On Plans For Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards

- For what it's worth, Rob Feinstein of RF Video wrote a post on Facebook last night stating that WWE plans to keep Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards as a tag team and after a few months in NXT, officials would bring them to SmackDown as a tag team to see if they get over. Feinstein also noted that William Regal and Joey Styles had to push Triple H to give them another tryout. We noted earlier this week that Regal went to bat for the Ring of Honor stars and scored them another tryout.

Richards tweeted the following after their match at last night's NXT tapings:

"@ringofhonor our time may possibly be coming to end. In my heart I will always and proudly be an "ROH GUY". I'm forever in debt to you."

We noted that they wrestled as The American Pitbulls at last night's tapings. For those wondering, they both had new individual names also but our correspondent did not recall what they were.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...EcbeGBuepk0.99

https://www.facebook.com/therealrobfeinstein
    Getting a ton of emails on Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards....Here is the deal with them. I knew about this about a month ago but out of respect to all parties involved I felt it was not in my best interest to say anything....They have not been hired by the WWE. In fact Joey Matthews and Steven Regal had to push for them to get looked at because HHH does not want anymore "top Indy" guys and actually said he already has "so and so", who I will not name and his stance was why would I need another two that are already like him when we already have a few of that kind of person. HHH feels that guys from ROH and PWG are hard to transform because they have their set ways and its harder for them to break them down and remold which I understand. So the deal with them is that they are not under contract. They reported to NXT this week and actually have a few other dates that they are still going to work for since they are prior bookings. They are also going to keep them as a tag team and after a few months I have been told they are going to Smackdown as a tag team to see if they get over....If they do get over they will get offered a contract. It will be interesting to see because both guys are amazing workers but a huge part of WWE is being able to talk on the mic......I myself think it's insane to have the mentality that top INDY guys don't draw money. CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are both top indy guys and are both over and are a huge part of the company. HHH also feels that the size of some of the guys hurts the company as he has recently said business is down because they do not have any big guys. That is a stance that VKM would always stand behind and say the business needs "monster guys that are larger than life." To me if a guy can get over as Punk and Bryan did, I don't feel that size really matters. But than again I can see the point of HHH, you don't want all your top guys being small either as it will not appeal to the general public as seeing bigger guys in the ring will appeal to the masses because there is that mentality of when fans go to see your shows and some of the fans are bigger than the talent, its always questionable for a reason a company might not draw. As stupid as that sounds it is the belief of many in the business that you need those giant guys like Cena, HHH, Randy, etc. That was why in the 80's and 90's the WWE was known as the land of giants. In my opinion one of the biggest mistakes was letting Chris Hero go. The guy is the total package and if they gave him a chance he would have been amazing there. There are other guys that I know who are in NXT right now that are just as amazing and are not the biggest guys so it will be interesting to see what happens and how the company uses them. Davey and Eddie are amazing talents. I honestly have not seen a lot of Eddie, but I have been around Davey a lot and he can go in the ring. If you watch the new shot with Chris Hero he has some amazing outlooks as well.
    Used on RAW & SD but not signed to a contract? Unless they only appear in dark matches this seems unlikely. And even then...this isn't 1997. WWE don't do that sort of thing anymore.
    LETS GO XENA! XENA SUCKS!

/r/womenswrestling

Default Re: Rumor On Plans For Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards

So, it's Regal's fault.

On another note...shouldn't there be a rule against pedophiles having Facebook?
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I don't see the problem as long as the American Wolves are used exclusively as a tag team.

It's not as if the WWE have depth in that position and I believe the Wolves have something to offer in that division. In general, a lot of WWE programming tends to suffer because of the boring mid-card matches, so I see this as a step in the right direction.

I actually like that HHH wants different type of guys, I just hope that selection doesn't consist of independent wrestlers and bodybuilders.

I'm also interested in the identity of 'so and so'. Could that be Devitt?
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I am all for it.

I don’t get why some people are so down on Davey.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buscow View Post
    I am all for it.

I don’t get why some people are so down on Davey.
    Other than intimidating and robbing small promoters, knocking out companies champions, stealing their belts and fleeing the country and demanding to be paid to give it back, and threatening to quit wrestling to play fireman because he wasn't getting his way, I have no clue myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

I've got a hunch that nobody is going to give them better story lines or characters than the WWE. Pitbulls is a cool name.

Charisma wise, they're not great. Though Davey can be killer in the ring at times. He can also play the bad ass well, if he doesn't have to "go big."

But I don't think it's gonna work out. Eddie seems like a pro, but I reckon after awhile Davey doesn't have the desire to work his way up and asks for a release. Nothing wrong with that, just the way Davey is in my opinion.

This might speak to the kind of thing HHH is looking for Vs the kind of thing Regal and Styles look for. I think I kind of side with HHH, but Regal had that killer match with hero a little bit back. I'm rooting for 'em.

The most enlightening thing I got out of this is that Hero already sat down for a shoot with Feinstein a week after getting released. Strike while the iron's hot, I get it, but man, that's a risky move.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Hero's a smart enough guy to not say anything stupid, no matter how hard shoot interviewers will try to bait Ex-WWE guys into saying some shit.

Thread Information