Thread: Former WWE Champion backstage at NXT tapings; Return in the works?

Default Former WWE Champion backstage at NXT tapings; Return in the works?

PWInsider is reporting that former WWE Champion Dave Batista was backstage at the NXT tapings tonight. They then go on to speculate why he was there and if there is any possibility that he could be returning.

So why don't we do the same?

Default Re: Former WWE Champion backstage at NXT tapings; Return in the works?

DDP was also invited to it. A lot of people were.

Doesn't Dave live in Florida? They probably interviewed him for a DVD project, like they did last time he was there. I'd like to see Batista vs. Brock though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I'd like to see Batista vs. Brock though.
    I'm not the biggest Batista fan but I'd love to see The Animal vs. The Beast as well.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

He has been speculated to return ever since he left, much like anyone else who is long term speculated at this point I will believe it when I see him walk down the ramp in wrestling gear.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I put Batista's chances of returning to wrestle at like 20-25%. However, if his movie career takes off, I put this chances at like 5-10%.

So, yeah, I don't think he is ever coming back to wrestle. Frankly, I hope he doesn't. Not because I don't like him, but because I want him to have success outside of wrestling.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Doesn't Dave live in Florida? They probably interviewed him for a DVD project, like they did last time he was there. I'd like to see Batista vs. Brock though.
    This is the most logical explanation that I'm going to go with.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Triple H seems to invite a lot of veterans to NXT and the Performance center...Mickie James, X-Pac, Batista, Lance Storm, DDP, etc.

I'm guessing he gets them to talk to the developmental talent as part of their training, so I wouldn't look too much into Batista being there.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    DDP was also invited to it. A lot of people were.
    CONFIRMED: DDP vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    Triple H seems to invite a lot of veterans to NXT and the Performance center...Mickie James, X-Pac, Batista, Lance Storm, DDP, etc.

I'm guessing he gets them to talk to the developmental talent as part of their training, so I wouldn't look too much into Batista being there.
    Exactly ! And besides isn't Batista not in his 40's already ? If he did return it wouldn't be for long or full time.
    Last edited by Mr. Victorino; 11-22-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

With Guardians of the Galaxy finishing filming, he's probably got some free time on his hands. Why not give it another go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Victorino View Post
    Exactly ! And besides isn't Batista not in his 40's already ? If he did return it would be for long or full time.
    He's older than Triple H by a few months (44).

I think he will perhaps have one last match at some point but I don't think that he will have another long run.
    Last edited by Miss HHH; 11-22-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    With Guardians of the Galaxy finishing filming, he's probably got some free time on his hands. Why not give it another go?
    Because he wants to keep making more movies.

surrender

Guardians of the Galaxy is a massive break for him, he's one of the main characters in what is a big money, sure fire hit blockbuster. He's got a good reputation from The Man With The Iron Fosts already, so his film career can only go up from here.

I would expect him to make an appearance around the time of Guardians as WWE will want some of that sweet publicity, but don't expect him to be lacing up the boots anytime soon.

what happened to his mma career

Thanks To Hayze

He got knocked out in his first fight, didn't he? Then called it quits.
    - Credit: Bender -

Thread Information