Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will be a canopy over the ring for WM 30?

Default Do you think there will be a canopy over the ring for WM 30?

I'm asking you guys because of the WM tickets available at my price range are all on a angle of facing the corners of the ring. As we saw the last few years, the corners get blocked by those pillars holding up the canopy above the ring. Since this is indoors, I figure they don't need it, BUT will still have it to make the ring look cooler. Thoughts?

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think there will be a canopy over the ring for WM 30?

Its in a covered dome...so I'm pretty sure there will be no canopy.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

In places of such high capacity, i'm sure they have a canopy to assist with lighting/pyro needs and shit.

Nah if you look at the last indoor Mania, they used that special lighting cube for the extra lights and effects.

I don't thing they will need a canopy because there is zero chance of rain, plus they've gotten too many complaints about the canopy pilars to use one when they don't really need it.

Was there one at WM26 and 27?

No canopy, but I think there'll be 4 screens hanging above the ring.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

26 had one but there wasn't a roof there either...27 had a roof so there wasn't a canopy.

Cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    26 had one but there wasn't a roof there either...27 had a roof so there wasn't a canopy.
    The stupid thing about 26 having a canopy is that University of Phoenix Stadium has a retractable roof, so WWE really didn't,need to use one for the event.

Screw it. I paid more than I wanted to and got a sweet seat directly facing one side of the ring.

Enjoy, Wolfman. WrestleMania is a fun event. I can't imagine how much fun you'll have with WM being in the Big Easy (I use to know a girl with that nickname). I'm sure you'll have a great time (kind of like any guy who dated Big Easy).

Too funny. Thanks.

Jump the ring during takers match with a buddy in a ref shirt and end the streak
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    Jump the ring during takers match with a buddy in a ref shirt and end the streak
    First off, this ^^^ is a hysterical idea. I'll chip in $5 if Wolfman jumps the rail and ends the streak.
    Who else is in?

As an aside...I want to go to WM30 but couldn't believe how much they wanted for decent seats.
    If I knew what the matches were ahead of time, it would make the decision a lot easier.

Banned

Hell I want to hack in there system at the Royal Rumble and play Benoits them and titantron

I made the mistake of getting seats on an angle last year and paid a total of $900 for 2 tix to stare at a pillar all night. Glad there will be no canopy this year.

Ever since they took Wrestlemania 24 outdoors it's pretty much been set up as if it's outdoors there is a canopy, if not then no canopy. And as for Wrestlemania 26. WWE wanted to have an "open air" event, which is why the roof was opened for the event. What people don't realize is those retractable roofs take forever to open and close, so once the decision is made to open it, it stays open throughout the event.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
    Ever since they took Wrestlemania 24 outdoors it's pretty much been set up as if it's outdoors there is a canopy, if not then no canopy. And as for Wrestlemania 26. WWE wanted to have an "open air" event, which is why the roof was opened for the event. What people don't realize is those retractable roofs take forever to open and close, so once the decision is made to open it, it stays open throughout the event.
    But at Wrestlemania 26, didn't they open and close the roof a few times during the show?

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

No. The roof stayed open for the entire event. And thus was the reason why HBK and Undertaker closed out the show. With Arizona's time difference and them having the roof open, having Undertaker/HBK on the undercard would have involved their match to be on during the day, which WWE didn't want.

But no the roof stayed open the entire event. Those roofs take at least an hour or so to open and close, because of their size.

No. The roof stayed open for the entire event. And thus was the reason why HBK and Undertaker closed out the show. With Arizona's time difference and them having the roof open, having Undertaker/HBK on the undercard would have involved their match to be on during the day, which WWE didn't want.

But no the roof stayed open the entire event. Those roofs take at least an hour or so to open and close, because of their size.
    I thought HBK/'Taker closed the show because it was the match that most people wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buck 3 Stud View Post
    I thought HBK/'Taker closed the show because it was the match that most people wanted to see.
    Yeah, but I bet if that Wrestlemania was anywhere but an outdoor venue on the west coast, it would've been in the middle of the card. Possibly in the same spot HBK and Ric Flair were in 2 years prior.

I'm going to start working out because I'm going for the streak!!!

I don't think this is true.

The HBK/Taker match was always going to close that show after stealing the show the previous year.

There was no way the WWE would have placed the rematch to a classic and HBK's final match in the middle of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I'm going to start working out because I'm going for the streak!!!
    Want some advice?
    Run 'Taker into the canopy!

Just make sure not to get shot while there. N'awlins is a dangerous place.

Thread Information