Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: WWE to Push Sandow Hard Soon

Default Report: WWE to Push Sandow Hard Soon

A new F4Wonline.com report claims that a Damien Sandow push is coming. The report states that WWE officials are very high on Sandow backstage, and they want to push him into a top tier position on the roster.

Sandow had a big year in 2013, but is expected to make a much bigger impact as a top guy in 2014. Between winning the Money in the Bank ladder match and cashing in his briefcase on the biggest star of the company, Sandow has been given ample times to shine this year.

His dominant victory over Kofi Kingston during the November 11th episode of Monday Night Raw, just two weeks following his unsuccessful cash in on World Heavyweight Champion John Cena, is viewed as the catalyst for what is to come for Sandow. He is still claiming to be the “uncrowned World Heavyweight Champion,” and many expect Sandow and Cena to feud for the title after the current Cena and Alberto Del Rio program is finished.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbJNd?u...m_campaign=wwe

So for those who thought Sandow was getting buried by losing the MitB cash-in to a one-armed Cena, according to this, those who thought it meant better things are to come, were those who were correct.

Sandow winning the WHC would be pushing him to quick IMO. Now there is time for buildup until he finally gets to the main event or whatever bigger things it is they have planned for him.

Default Re: Report: WWE to Push Sandow Hard Soon

That would explain why the FAN forum is upset about him getting the "generic" treatment in getting black tights, removing personality, and being labeled as "more aggressive" now.
    Spoiler

While I can certainly see the argument that having him successfully cash in against Cena earlier may have been too early, I don't understand why he lost to a one-armed Cena. They either should have had him lose to an able bodied Cena or had him wait to cash in. And as much as I like Kofi and wish he'd be in the ME scene by now, defeating Kofi at this point is meaningless. They have screwed up a Sandow push to date. They just dug him into a hole that he has to climb out of first in order to start to climb the mountain to challenge for the title. I'd love to see Sandow win The Royal Rumble. That's where I can see him being pulled out of this hole.

And I think Sandow needs to stick with the pink and purple ring gear. It's different. It seperates him from everyone else. It's like Bret using the pink and black. Who would have expected that combo to work? But it sure as hell did.

Punk or Bryan are winning the Rumble. Sandow might win the Elimination Chamber though.

Please don't have him win the Rumble, the Royal Rumble has been used too many times as the launching pad for a mid card World Heavyweight Championship match and should be legitimized once again. Cena winning last year and main eventing against The Rock was a good start.

The worst cases were Del Rio and Sheamus winning and challenging for the World Title in the OPENING MATCH at WrestleMania, just awful. Del Rio lost and Sheamus won the title in 18 seconds, this should never happen again. Even when Edge won in 2010 he challenged for the title in the middle of the card at WrestleMania 26.

For me, the winner of the Royal Rumble should win a WWE Championship match and actually main event WrestleMania otherwise it just doesn't seem as important. Fun, but less important. Unless they are going to build the World Heavyweight Championship up again to the point where it could main event WrestleMania then it shouldn't happen.

Sandow can win the Elimination Chamber match to earn an opportunity like Swagger last year.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Punk or Bryan are winning the Rumble. Sandow might win the Elimination Chamber though.
    Cena is winning the Rumble, and in an uprecedented move chooses Taker's streak over competing for one of the titles.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    That could work too. But I'd rather see someone like Sandow win the Rumble. Punk, Bryan and Cena are all kind of predictable. I'd rather one of them win the EC and Sandow get the rub at the Rumble. But I see your point as well of the others who have posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    While I can certainly see the argument that having him successfully cash in against Cena earlier may have been too early, I don't understand why he lost to a one-armed Cena.
    I think they see it as Cena not being 100%, not having only one arm. Think of it as Rocky almost beating Apollo. Putting up a greater than expected fight against the best made him a huge star with bigger things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Cena is winning the Rumble, and in an uprecedented move chooses Taker's streak over competing for one of the titles.
    I really dont want cena to win again unless he really would go for the streak I like that idea and at this point the streak is bigger than a title shot . Title shots come and go but a chance at immortal only handful of people get that shot

While I can certainly see the argument that having him successfully cash in against Cena earlier may have been too early, I don't understand why he lost to a one-armed Cena.
    Because everyone loses to Cena. Regardless of circumstance, Cena always wins in the end. Every single time.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Sandow needs to start winning matches again in order to be taken seriously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BARCELONA View Post
    Because everyone loses to Cena. Regardless of circumstance, Cena always wins in the end. Every single time.
    2011-2012 say hi

Quote Originally Posted by StonewalBrigade View Post
    I think they see it as Cena not being 100%, not having only one arm. Think of it as Rocky almost beating Apollo. Putting up a greater than expected fight against the best made him a huge star with bigger things to come.
    Yeah, but did they have to make Cena seem that vulnerable? Obviously, a MITB cash in only makes sense if the champ is in a weakened position but they made it feel like Cena had his arm ripped off by a tiger and was bleeding out when Sandow cashed in. They could have down played Cenas "injury" in order to not make Sandow look so bad. Could have looked more like Sandow misjudged the situation and thought Cena was worse off than he actually was instead of making it look like Cena really was that bad off but even with one arm he could still beat Sandow.

Is this the 6th person this year we've heard is getting a push?

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I will believe it when I see it.

Personally, I don't want to see it. He is good on the mic(however, overrated), but not that great in the ring. I actually find him kind of boring in the ring. Not only that, but they took away most of his character and he isn't as entertaining anymore.

surrender

Like Sandow as a worker.. Hate the gimmick though

Of course they're going to push Sandow now, they've stripped away everything resembling a character, he's as generic as they've always wanted.

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonewalBrigade View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbJNd?u...m_campaign=wwe

So for those who thought Sandow was getting buried by losing the MitB cash-in to a one-armed Cena, according to this, those who thought it meant better things are to come, were those who were correct.
    I love everything about Sandow and hope a World Title reign is in the near future but theres no way anybody comes out looking good losing to any one armed wrestler.

Knows he isn't welcome

Oh geez, Sandow's "new attitude!" will sure do the trick for him.

In other news, there is a wrestler that thinks his tribal tattoos help him stand out, expect him to get signed soon.
    That's all, folks.

WHY have they ruined Sandow?

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Never been all that in to this guy...he's ok but his blatant Genius gimmick rip off always put me off to him.

Just nothing special...I don't mind him though.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Yeah, but did they have to make Cena seem that vulnerable? Obviously, a MITB cash in only makes sense if the champ is in a weakened position but they made it feel like Cena had his arm ripped off by a tiger and was bleeding out when Sandow cashed in. They could have down played Cenas "injury" in order to not make Sandow look so bad. Could have looked more like Sandow misjudged the situation and thought Cena was worse off than he actually was instead of making it look like Cena really was that bad off but even with one arm he could still beat Sandow.
    I totally get what you're saying and I agree. But I do think Sandow looked pretty good considering how close he came to beating Cena, even with the injury.

And I also agree with those who won't believe it until they see it. Because even if they attempt to actually push him, they will very like f' it up like they tend to do.

Yes, Sandows 'New attitude' has ruined him forever, just like it did with Del Rio. There's no going back now, he's obviously become too 'SRS BIZNIZZ' to be salvaged, just like Del Rio, who is currently the most srs of srs biznizz people in the company.

Some people.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Knows he isn't welcome

Thanks for the hyperboyle answer, you sure know how to deliver what is expected of you.

Del Rio is hardly bearable to me the way he is now, how dare I, right?
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yes, Sandows 'New attitude' has ruined him forever, just like it did with Del Rio. There's no going back now, he's obviously become too 'SRS BIZNIZZ' to be salvaged, just like Del Rio, who is currently the most srs of srs biznizz people in the company.
    I don't understand your example. Del Rio is still the generic uber-aggressive heel he has been for a long time. We haven't heard from the super rich "My name is Alberto Del Rio!" heel in years.

Given the Del Rio example, it's hard for me to believe that Sandow will ever have as unique a character as he did. WWE have stripped away everything interesting about him, and I doubt he will ever get it all back.

Thread Information