Thread: The shield

Default The shield

With the friction between the Wyatts & the shield this past raw, it got me thinking why not turn the shield to faces or at least tweeners who go by the beat of their own drum similar to Austin 3:16 gimmick.
    I all for factions / stables being in pro wrestling & at this present time we have a couple of groups at the top of the order.

The Wyatts - full blown heels would love to see Dallas rotundo join then in the future.
    The shield - tweeners at best fight who ever when ever. Maybe add a diva
    3MB - jobbers
    Real Americans - add a third member maybe the miz or Bourne

The masked marvels - I would love to see a face faction of myterio . Sin cara & hunico ( under a mask)
    Kids would love it .

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Default Re: The shield

Not a bad idea except the Real Americans need to release Cesaro into singles greatness first and then pick up new members.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

ATM I would say theirs no room for cesaro as a singles wrestler. plus him and swagger are actually pretty good as a team.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    Not a bad idea except the Real Americans need to release Cesaro into singles greatness first and then pick up new members.
    No, they really don't. Cesaro and Swagger have an amazing thing going right now, and it would be silly to ruin that now just for the sake of rushing Cesaro into a place he doesn't need to be. He'd be capable, sure, but then the Real Americans would suck a lot more.

Are you guys joking...there's all kinds of room for Cesaro to have a great singles run in a WWE which is currently promoting a Randy Orton/Big Show headlined Survivor Series.

Cesaro is the standout of the Americans, Swagger is usually an after thought to anything that team does, and is clearly headed for nowhere as usual.

Cesaro is better than 90% of the guys ahead of him in the E.

Are you guys joking...there's all kinds of room for Cesaro to have a great singles run in a WWE which is currently promoting a Randy Orton/Big Show headlined Survivor Series.

Cesaro is the standout of the Americans, Swagger is usually an after thought to anything that team does, and is clearly headed for nowhere as usual.

I agree, and not only Cesaro for that matter. They have all these young talented wrestlers on the roster that they should be trying to turn into stars, instead we're getting Big Show vs. Orton, two of the more boring veterans on the roster might I add.

I would honestly rather see any other veteran wrestling for the title right now, HHH, Kane, Henry, RVD ..ANYONE. This Orton/Big Show shit is just so boring.

I like what they're doing. IWC feels the need to have they're favorites be the last match or "main eventers". I love Daniel Bryan and couldn't care less what part of the card he is at as long as he's involved in a good story, which he is. Cesaro is doing great work with Zeb, I love putting my hand over my heart and repeating after Zeb "We the People". I wouldn't if Cesaro went his seperate way.

I'll only complain about Big Show if his match lasts longer than Bryan/Punk/Wyatts. I really don't care if he goes on last. The buildup has been entertaining to me and thats worth more to me than the match itself.

Real Americans -
    Swagger , cesaro & Alex Riley
    I think the cocky jock persona would suit the group.

I would love to see William regal back on wwe tv as the manager of wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre & mason Ryan team
    Give the Brits a team of their own.

Teams teams can bake the tag titles more prestigious like the old of the hart foundation, British bulldogs, killer bees , demolition & the rockers.

I could see The Shield being tweeners especially after their backstage segment they had with Orton. As for adding a diva I say hell no. It wouldn't fit the group to add a female in the mix especially after a year of destruction they have brought many superstars. Now adding a female to the Wyatts would be real interesting.
    Can't see The Real Americans with Miz or Bourne, it just doesn't go. Alex Riley would fit perfectly & what better way to repackage him? I have thought of Riley joining the group months ago so im glad it get brought up.
    No room for Antonio on the single side of the coin??? Ridiculous. ..I mean look at who Antonio could fued with; Sheamus. They would put on a hell of a "slobber knocker". Ziggler. Sure story line wise wouldn't be great but in ring action these guys would steal the show. D Bry, I mean did you see the contest they had on Raw not long ago?
    Yes Show is a little blah but this is his best work for a while now. The only two other times I found him of interest was his fued with Floyd or his little ECW run. He is doing a good job at moment so lets see what he can do when the main spot light is on him with a compelling fued In the works bc Iim sure the payoff will be at Mania where ever it is the E is taking this.

While that may be true, he still will just get lost in the singles competition, Real americans will take the titles from Cody & goldust at the rumble. Why try and ruin the tag team division which is just starting to take off.

Thanks To Hayze

Knows he isn't welcome

The Real Americans have no good reason to exist.

Absolutely none.
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    The Real Americans have no good reason to exist.

Absolutely none.
    exactly what a dirty foreigner would say

Knows he isn't welcome

I'm aware that you are joking, and it's a bad joke.
    That's all, folks.

Why do threads like this always have someone mentioning adding another talent or a diva to a faction?

It's as if they want WWE to mess something up that is good and shouldn't be messed with.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

I feel like Swagger his been on his game but I HATE that USELEES gimmick.

Thanks Bender

So because you don't like the gimmick, it's useless? The fact that me and a few others at work will joke around every now and then, and put our hand over our chests and say "we the people" tells me it's an entertaining gimmick.

How about on raw when Zeb degrades the crowd and their country, and they still scream we the people. I also loved the team work the real americans displayed at money in the bank. Just because you and your friends don't like them don't mean that's the general opinion on them.

Put the titles on them.

Knows he isn't welcome

It's not a matter of being entertaining.

I am an Antonio Cesaro mark, I believe in Swagger's talent (even if I don't care about him getting anything after the DUI), and I'm aware of Mantell's skill with the mic.

The gimmick still shouldn't be there, and the fact people actually cheer for it only makes it worse.
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by therealfndeal33 View Post
    So because you don't like the gimmick, it's useless? The fact that me and a few others at work will joke around every now and then, and put our hand over our chests and say "we the people" tells me it's an entertaining gimmick.

How about on raw when Zeb degrades the crowd and their country, and they still scream we the people. I also loved the team work the real americans displayed at money in the bank. Just because you and your friends don't like them don't mean that's the general opinion on them.

Put the titles on them.
    I didn't white a general opinion I wrote my own.

Thanks Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    I'm aware that you are joking, and it's a bad joke.
    A real American doesn't joke about these things.

I generally don't pay attention to Zeb's promos (although the one he cut in England was pretty funny). They are pretty much a parody of racist/pseudo-racist factions now instead of the actual racist/pseudo-racist group they were at the beginning, which may be why they are getting positive reactions now, in addition to the giant swing of course. And that's fine by me. Honestly, "we the people" is kinda catchy in a strange way.

Lol whatever. Unless they have a good story for Cesaro, I like the real Americans. Tag division to me is awesome so keep these teams altogether. Usos are fun to watch, Shield will
    be entertaining as long as they have Ambrose, Cody/Goldust, The Wyatts because Harper plays a weirdo soooo good, and the PTP are on the rise. Add good jobbers like Matadores and 3MB, and I love how it's going.

Keep the sheild together and all stables for that matter.

I like the Shield, and they've been one of the best things all year long, matter of fact they've been the most consitantly good performers alll year hands down.

But even as a fan of the group, I can't see how much more they can do creatively besides maybe turn face as a stable, but that would change a lot about what's made them awesome this far.

There might only be one thing to do and that's let them break off into their own roles.

A touch of Destiny AgentRodimal's Avatar

I want to see The S.H.I.E.L.D. cut the same promo on The Authority that they did on Orton very soon.

Thread Information