Thread: Raw Ratings drop again

Default Raw Ratings drop again

Last night's RAW drew a 2.73 (2.7) cable rating, down slightly from a 2.75 (2.8) the week before.

ORIGINAL: Last night's episode of RAW drew 3.77 million viewers, down 3% from last week's 3.89 million. The show did a 1.3 in the 18 - 49 demographic, down from a 1.5 last week.

The show did hours of 3.87 million, 3.83 million and 3.60 million. The full rating will be available later.

Thats what happens when you put 2 hours and 45 minutes of pointless filler crap on TV with no story lines or creative emphasis and the final 15 minutes of something worthwhile. Time to start making the whole card mean something again

Default Re: Raw Ratings drop again

It went from 3.8 in the first and second hours and then went down to 3.6

Me and my dad stopped watching it in the third hour because when you live in Arizona and there is daylight savings time, AND you have to watch the late ass west coast feed, you're up quite late, so we recorded the rest.

if we had just stayed up it would have been 3.8

this is all my fault
    Last edited by Vance Landow; 11-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.

raw is just soo long and so much of it is pointless.. There is basically only one storyline..

You can sit here and argue the reason all you want, but at the end of the day, 3 hours of wrestling is just too much for some people. People can't take it. I'm struggling to sit through it most weeks myself. I actually looked for refuge in the Bucs/Dolphins MNF game. One of the worst MNF match-ups possible was solace from RAW. It's too damn long.

Hi all.

First; I feel like when RAW is taped overseas the rating's are not that great. The show does not have that spontaneity it has when it airs live and from the USA, plus the time delay allows for spoilers to leak out.

Second; I feel the three hour shows may not be having the best impact on rating's; especially when the show has 5 or 10 minute overuns. I like RAW; however around hour 2.5 the show seems to drag on. There are way to many recaps of what happened last week, last week on Smack Down, and earlier in the show. When RAW was 2 hours there seemed to be more emphasis on putting on a better show. I liked the occasional 3 hour show when the show was made to be a special event. I think the WWE has taken the show and fans for granted. I see what appears to be allot of dead time during the show, where fans are just sitting around waiting. The 2 hour shows left little time for dead time; I have attended 2 Monday Night RAWS when the show was 2 hours, and the time flew by because there was little dead time between matches.

USA Network pushed for the 3 hour shows, so the network needs to wake-up and realize that 3 hours is a long time to fill-up a show. The other issue we have is the roster overall is not as deep as it was 5 or 6 years ago. Some weeks we have 9 hours of televised WWE programming so viewers can grow tired of that type of exposure to a product. Less is best sometimes.

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    You can sit here and argue the reason all you want, but at the end of the day, 3 hours of wrestling is just too much for some people. People can't take it. I'm struggling to sit through it most weeks myself. I actually looked for refuge in the Bucs/Dolphins MNF game. One of the worst MNF match-ups possible was solace from RAW. It's too damn long.
    This speaks to WWE being over exposed. TNA has 2 hours a week an insy show most of them anyway have 1 maybe 2 shows a month running 2/3 hours. WWE has 7 hours worth a week puls overdone monthly PPV'S.

Thank you HAYZE!

Can PW go on Raw strike? Stop watching Raw, tell your friends, and your friends friends to stop watching Raw...Yeah that'll show 'em.

At first i tought the added hour was a great idea, i was under the impression they were going to use the extra time to showcase younger talent, build up better storylines etc, but its the same bulls#/t concept we are used to but longer

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleMania 34 View Post
    Can PW go on Raw strike? Stop watching Raw, tell your friends, and your friends friends to stop watching Raw...Yeah that'll show 'em.
    no.

I think one of the biggest reasons the ratings went down this week is because it was a taped show.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    no.
    joke.

Thread Information