Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs Erick Rowan & Luke Harper at Survivor Series

Default CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs Erick Rowan & Luke Harper at Survivor Series

After repeatedly suffering sneak attacks at the hands of The Wyatt Family, CM Punk & Daniel Bryan will battle Bray Wyatt’s dangerous disciples, Luke Harper & Eric Rowan, at Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 24.

The intriguing matchup pits four of WWE’s most dynamic and relentlessly physical competitors in the same ring and, at the same time, may just shed some light on why The Eater of Worlds has made enemies of the popular Superstars.

Punk and Bryan’s trouble with the sinister trio began weeks ago on Raw when Wyatt spearheaded two separate — and seemingly random — assaults. First, The Wyatts sent WWE’s “Yes!” man to the hospital with a vicious beating backstage. Then, the clan targeted The Best in the World the same night, downing an outnumbered Punk in the ring. The ever-cryptic Wyatt took little responsibility for his team’s actions, instead insisting the “devil” made him do it. But who exactly is this devil in question?

Subsequent attacks, however, have proven less successful. Chair in hand, a still-bandaged Bryan rescued The Second City Saint from another blitz by the backwoods brawlers on the Nov. 4 Raw. Later that week on SmackDown, Punk returned the favor, aiding The Beard after Wyatt and Rowan interrupted his match against Harper.

Since the onslaughts began, the WWE Universe has gained precious little clarity on Wyatt’s endgame. Regardless of their motivation, the Family is now left to face WWE’s all-star pairing at the 27th annual Survivor Series — a tent-pole event that boasts a long history of dream teams such as Punk & Bryan.

Though The Straight Edge Superstar is quick to proclaim himself a “lone wolf,” he and Bryan have more in common than either Superstar might freely admit. Both competitors spent years honing their craft around the globe before arriving in WWE, and both Superstars — with eight combined World Championships between them — have ascended to the top of WWE despite the objections of company brass. Now, a common enemy in the form of The Wyatt Family rounds out their list of similarities, creating a very dangerous tandem to be sure.

Whether their shared disdain for the creepy faction will be enough to topple Bray Wyatt’s brutish monsters remains to be seen. Since their arrival, the towering henchmen have forged an incredible path of destruction, and Harper has given both Bryan and Punk tough challenges in singles competition. What will happen when it’s an all-out two-on-two war at WWE’s fall classic? Find out by watching Survivor Series, which airs live on pay-per-view Sunday, Nov. 24, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

from : http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorser...rowan-26163199

Erick Rowan & Luke Harper will beat CM Punk & Daniel Bryan with help from Bray Wyatt’s and
    the only Survivor Series Elimination Match be team AJ vs team Bella Twins

Default Re: CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs Erick Rowan & Luke Harper at Survivor Series

Wasted opportunity. I would've loved to see the 6 on 6 Survivor Series match.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Default Re: CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs Erick Rowan & Luke Harper at Survivor Series

I didn't watch Raw last night, but I keep hearing about how awesome this 6 on 6 Suvivor Series tease was.

And so they go with a tag team match.

Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

The 6 on 6 match would have been awesome and filled with anticipation, great action and chaos, and made stars come out on the other side.

This tag team match will just be a normal 1 fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Coo Like Dat View Post
    The 6 on 6 match would have been awesome and filled with anticipation, great action and chaos, and made stars come out on the other side.

This tag team match will just be a normal 1 fall.
    I'm thinking the WWE is looking for quantity instead of quality. In their eyes, more matches means more money.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

Its a shame because they could have had everyone in the match coming out looking better than they were before. Including a Shield break up tease and including the Usos.

#IndependenceDayIsWar Franchise's Avatar

I don't think even WWE knows what it wants. (outside of Cena that is)

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

It's just to elevate the Wyatts' level a bit. I don't see any harm done. I don't think the Shield tease was for anything other than shock value.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

This match is going to steal the show.

Where's this Mod Room we were promised?

So the only Survivor Series Elimination Match might be team AJ vs team Bella Twins? What's the point of Survivor Series then?

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    So the only Survivor Series Elimination Match might be team AJ vs team Bella Twins? What's the point of Survivor Series then?
    It's gonna be 1992 all over again.

Wyatt's still not clear to go, The Rhodes are feuding with The Real 'Muricans and The Shield will still have something to do.

Plus, there's every chance that 12 man could have been a big clusterfuck rather than a classic, whereas this has a better chance of being the latter.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

6 vs. 6 would have been better. With five other guys, Wyatt could have only spent a very limited amount of time in the ring.

The Shield vs. The Wyatts in an elimination match could have been pretty cool too.

This is definitely a bummer. Bryan and Punk almost feel wasted.

But maybe it'll lead to Shield teaming with Bray (and possibly a 5th guy) for a traditional SS elimination match. After the match is over the remaining Shield members could attack Bray setting up Shield vs Wyatt's at TLC in a tornado TLC match, losers must disband. Put the Wyatt's over and retire The Shield at the event they had their debut match on. They've accomplished all they can as a unit, it's time they go their separate ways.

Bryan and Punk are simply elevating the Wyatts, it's bloody simple. Why blow the load right away on a 6 v 6 match which as Falcone said has clusterfuck potential, that doesn't make sense.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still good. The usual "EVERYTHING IS AWFUL" crowd is typically unsatisfied.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

I wanna see a 6 man tag too down the road but I don't get why people are dismissing Punk and Bryan.

Thank you HAYZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I wanna see a 6 man tag too down the road but I don't get why people are dismissing Punk and Bryan.
    You know that thing I say about WWE training people about not caring about the people they don't want them to care about?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

I'd rather have The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family in an elimination tag match, Punk vs. Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Orton in a fatal fourway gimmick type match for the WWE championship, and some sort of highlight tag team match for the titles.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

There will still be a 5 on 5 match.

Rhodes/Goldy/Usos/Langston vs The Shield/Real Americans.Langston may or may not be in the match.

Plus, I can also see an undercard Survivor Series match....something like....

Ziggler/Kofi/Santino/Los Matadores vs Ryback/Axel/3MB

Such a wasted opportunity.

They didn't mind booking a 7 vs.7 match three years ago at Summerslam AND Bragging Rights, and the there is ten times more talent between those guys in the ring on Raw this week. And making it just a regular tag match doesn't mean it will be better.
    Last edited by The Red Viper; 11-13-2013 at 04:07 AM.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

After all that they waist two main event talents and up and coming stars in a regular Tag Team match, at the Survivor Series?

The Survivor Series, literally the one time of year when its a good thing to throw a bunch of guys together to make a big team, (which they do all year long in 6 man and 8 man tag matches on TV), they chose to keep it a regular Tag match?

This company is ran by a bunch of rich out of touch hacks, who forgot how to book the very things that they created in the first place.

This shit is sad.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    After all that they waist two main event talents and up and coming stars in a regular Tag Team match, at the Survivor Series?

The Survivor Series, literally the one time of year when its a good thing to throw a bunch of guys together to make a big team, (which they do all year long in 6 man and 8 man tag matches on TV), they chose to keep it a regular Tag match?

This company is ran by a bunch of rich out of touch hacks, who forgot how to book the very things that they created in the first place.

This shit is sad.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? The Survivor Series isn't all that special anymore because let's face it, they do 6-10 man tags all the time. With the Shield around, we've seen plenty of elimination tag team matches.

I get that the 6-on-6 would be something different, but I think ultimately, the straight tag match is probably better.

They can still do an interesting Survivor Series tag match with something like The Real Americans and The Shield against Brhodes, the Usos, and, I dunno, Big E?

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's kind of the point, isn't it? The Survivor Series isn't all that special anymore because let's face it, they do 6-10 man tags all the time. With the Shield around, we've seen plenty of elimination tag team matches.

I get that the 6-on-6 would be something different, but I think ultimately, the straight tag match is probably better.

They can still do an interesting Survivor Series tag match with something like The Real Americans and The Shield against Brhodes, the Usos, and, I dunno, Big E?
    6 and 8 man Tags happen all the time, but Elimination Tag matches don't ever happen really, and when done right they can offer tons of drama.

WWE is just too lazy to book in interesting Survivor Series card.

An entire card of Survivor style matches could be great if given the full attention of the writers and maybe even through in special stips for each match.

What if the Extreame Rules concept was added to the Survivor concept.

A tables Survivor Team match, A falls count anywhere Suvivor team match, a capture the flag Survivor team match, A Steel Cage Survivor team match...ect.

They could even revisit the wild card match from SS 95 where teams are selected at random teaming friends with foes, or just a big main eventer Suvivor match ala 2001.

There are many ways to book an exciting Survivor Series card the WWE just doesn't try anymore.

Instead we get two Raw worthy main events Big Show vs Orton and Punk and Bryan vs Harper and Rowen.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Thread Information