Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero to Debut on RAW...NEVER SINCE HE WAS FIRED!

Default Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero to Debut on RAW...NEVER SINCE HE WAS FIRED!

http://pwinsider.com/article/81449/s...lease.html?p=1

WWE released NXT star Kassius Ohno, aka Chris Hero, who has worked in main event level positions for Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, CHIKARA, IWA Mid-South and CZW, among other promotions all over the world, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
    According to multiple sources, Ohno was released by WWE officials while waiting to begin training Friday morning at the Performance Center.

Ohno had just returned to WWE NXT after being held off of TV for some time. What will turn out to be his final appearance, a loss to The Wyatt Family's Luke Harper, aired this past Wednesday on NXT. He had been signed to WWE developmental in 2012.

Ohno, a Dayton, Ohio native, broke into the business in 1998 and was trained by a slew of excellent trainers, including Les Thatcher and Dory Funk Jr.

Similar to the career path that Daniel Bryan took, he traveled the world, most notable Germany, England and Australia, learning all sorts of different styles and adding them to his in-ring repertoire. I've always likened him to a young Barry Windham because of his tall frame and working ability.

Like a lot of other independent stars of the early 2000s, Hero made his name with a lot of travel, not just internationally but all over the United States, driving with a crew that included Antonio Cesaro (then Claudio Castagnoli) and the late Larry Sweeney, among others, and worked pretty much everywhere. He clicked in just about every major independent promotion of the era.

Hero originally built his name in Ian Rotten's IWA Mid-South, where he ended up having a great feud with CM Punk (as recounted on Punk's Best in the World DVD documentary) as well as a long run in CHIKARA, where he was a top name there as well as one half of the Kings of Wrestling tag team with Cesaro.

He soon made his way to CZW, where he worked as a top heel there and began working regularly for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in California as well.

The one promotion Hero wasn't getting booked for was Ring of Honor, which was considered the top independent promotion in the landscape, so when he showed up as a mystery opponent representing CZW against then-ROH champion Bryan Danielson (aka Daniel Bryan), it was a huge, legitimate shock for that audience and helped kick off a CZW vs. ROH feud that drew great numbers for ROH as well as an audience that was as legitimately split down the middle as a New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys game.

Hero morphed into a regular member of the ROH roster, capturing their Tag belts with Cesaro, who he held a number of other tag straps with. He began training and wrestling for Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan and did well there, including having the mate Mitsuharu Misawa "gift him" the roaring elbow, which Hero used even in WWE as a finish.

When Hero was signed in 2012, it seemed like just a matter of time before he joined Punk, Bryan and others on the main roster, but for some reason - whether it be politics or mistakes made, he never made it to the main roster. I don't even believe he was sent on the road for dark matches, which boggled my mind. His work in the ring was good. He had obviously, based on his last TV appearances, worked on his physique. He had a decent speaking ability and his charisma always sort of reminded me a quiet version of a young Mick Foley. As a heel, he portrayed a great d***. He knew all sorts of different styles and honestly, should have been training the talents he was instead training with in the Performance Center. All the elements were there, except, apparently, WWE didn't see it, so he begins a new chapter in his career, returning to the independents.

Note from Mike: This release will go down, to me, as one of those moments in history where you wonder what the hell went wrong, and how WWE couldn't see the potential in someone just about every independent promotion in the world will be scrambling to book once they read this. This is absolutely going to be a case where this, long term, will be WWE's loss.
    Many of y'all are gonna be mad now, right?

I was excited at first when he debuted but he's filed to impress me much to be honest. So this release doesn't surprise me in the very least. Hell, he probably asked for it himself. On the bright side, TNA has a good chance to pick him up now. NXT is popular internationally and he's still liked by most fans.

Default Re: Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero to Debut on RAW...NEVER SINCE HE WAS FIRED!

That's a surprise. I figured he'd be up soon.

The one thing about Hero is that he never really seemed to have anybody with pull behind him, except maybe Regal, who's pull is limited at best. I've never really gotten the sense that him and Punk are particularly close. I don't know if Bryan was putting in good words for him. Really weird stuff.

It's a real shame though, Hero's in his 30's now, that might have been his last, best shot at the big leagues.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Kinda odd how they put him in the main event of NXT then release him shortly after (I think the tapings are almost caught up to date, correct me if I'm wrong), even if he lost. Not really too broken up about it, I never understood what was so great about the guy. Seemed incredibly boring and unremarkable.

he had pretty hair though

Vance, anyway you could send me a link to the latest NXT?

Spoiler

*It's all a work, it's all a work, it's all a work, it's all a work*

My patience after Raw then, this news = wearing thin.
    Do I sound angry or something?

Confirmation from Observer

Chris Spradlin, who was Kassius Ohno in WWE developmental and better known as Chris Hero, was released by WWE this week.

He's already been announced to face Hurricane Helms on 11/16 for Pro Wrestling Syndicate in Rahway, NJ.
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-t...e-release-info

Disappointing, then again, I watched the Ohno/Harper match and wasn't overly impressed with Ohno's work. I can see how that was the death knell for him.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

Dang. I was really wanting to see Ohno on the main roster.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

The only reaction I have to this news right now is.......

surrender

OMG. I sense one of the greatest pro-wrestling angles of all time...

Hero as the mastermind behind the fall of CHIKARA...

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

GODDAMNIT!!!!

Last edited by BestInThe205; 11-09-2013 at 02:56 AM.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

NO!!! buscow died a little inside.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Fuck...

Well this sucks.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm not really surprised. He hasn't looked impressive at all in NXT to me and just couldn't seem to get his character that over with that crowd.

But then again I never thought he was anything special in the Indy's either.

**EDIT** Nevermind, it was a fake JR account.

He was never gonna make it in the WWE with that horrible physique of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

OH-NO~!

WE NEED A HERO~!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Not that, that stopped PWInsider posting it.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Can't say i'm exactly torn up over this, he came in with a lot of hype but I never understood it. He'll get plenty of bookings on the independent scene though, maybe even go back to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

What is the big deal with this guy anyways? Sure he has experience, but IMO he tries to be too much like Punk when cuts a promo and nothing about him has ever stood out to me. They already have enough guys like Punk, Bryan, Ambrose, Del Rio, and Cesaro. "Just another indy guy.". Don't get me wrong I love
    those guys, but I wouldn't enjoy the show if thats all WWE was.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    OMG. I sense one of the greatest pro-wrestling angles of all time...

Hero as the mastermind behind the fall of CHIKARA...
    I love literally everything about this.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Would have made a solid addition to the Wyatt Family at some point.

Thread Information