Thread: EC3

Default EC3

What do you all think of EC3?..... I actually like this guy and I like the direction they are going with him....it feels like an old school push.......

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Re: EC3

I'm still on the fence. I mean, he's got a good look and he seems to be good in the ring... But his mic skills seem questionable and his push isn't really doing much of anything for me. Squashing nobodies only works if you're a powerhouse that destroys fools... or if it leads to the ultimate nobody squeezing out a lucky victory and we have a fun little feud(Ala Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid).

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I can dig it. I actually enjoy his character. The only problem is what faces are you going to get to job for him? EY? Joseph Park?

That's about it as far as the face jobbers go, that I can think of.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I can dig it. I actually enjoy his character. The only problem is what faces are you going to get to job for him? EY? Joseph Park?

That's about it as far as the face jobbers go, that I can think of.
    Manik... Chavo Guerrero... whatever other babyfaces are in the X-Division.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Chavo doesn't even exist anymore... and he might be a heel... and he's in the Tag Team Division...

I think they could really have something with him because of the connection to Dixie Carter..if they play it right he could be pretty good ...

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Valid point, Lony. Valid point.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I'm still on the fence. I mean, he's got a good look and he seems to be good in the ring... But his mic skills seem questionable and his push isn't really doing much of anything for me. Squashing nobodies only works if you're a powerhouse that destroys fools... or if it leads to the ultimate nobody squeezing out a lucky victory and we have a fun little feud(Ala Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid).
    The guy was awesome on NXT partnered with Bryan. His element has always been more of a 'parody' of certain gimmicks rather than actually playing a gimmick straight (I always chuckled when he'd go for a schoolboy on people and yell "YOINK!" too), and TNA in their infinity idiocy has given him a straight gimmick, which really isn't playing to his strengths as an entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

I dont mind the squash matches because it has a purpose. The purpose is to get heat on him because he is getting preferential treatment. Too early to judge but I like the character.

I like that the EC3 character has given us Norv Fernum and Dewey Barnes. Now if only TNA would give Norv and Dewey an upset win over a team like Bad Influence.

The world needs EC3.

The Predator

I'm not a huge fan of EC3, he's not interesting and the fact that he keeps on taking the same two people over and over isnt doing anything for me. The Shark Boy return was so obvious too. He's not too bad in the ring but I'm just not buying him as being anything special yet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

I see an EC3 vs. Sting feud in the future.
    Sting made a comment when they broke up MEM that he was going after the young guys that think they are entitled. EC3 fits the role perfectly.

I like Dewey Barnes more than EC3 as he seems like a fun character if he would ever be given a chance to do more than job for EC3.

SUBMISSION WRESTLING!!!

I'm still on the fence, on one hand I want to like the character, but on the other I just see them going nowhere with it. They do need to get him a manager or a valet that can speak tho, his mic work is not that impressive. He should be built as the strong silent type with someone else being the big mouth.

The dude looked like the main character off the American pie movies. Really the only thing I like about him is his finisher.

Ah Screw it

Is he really related to Dixie Carter? Or is it just his gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I dont mind the squash matches because it has a purpose. The purpose is to get heat on him because he is getting preferential treatment. Too early to judge but I like the character.
    I agree with you about his squash matches. I'm glad they are starting to give him new opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by azfan View Post
    Is he really related to Dixie Carter? Or is it just his gimmick?
    Just a gimmick.

At first, I didn't think much of him and felt that he didn't deserve a squash match at Bound For Glory. He's grown on me since then. He seems well rounded, he's one of the few people in TNA with recognizable music, his character has a good story, he has a good look, and some crowds have been into his matches. I wish TNA did this more often with people who had potential in WWE, rather than how they used to push some former WWE talent.

Thread Information