Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE de-pushing Bryan to focus on larger superstars? CLICK HERE FOR MORE (Merged Fun!)

Default WWE de-pushing Bryan to focus on larger superstars? CLICK HERE FOR MORE (Merged Fun!)

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

As previously reported, WWE is putting added emphasis on larger Superstars in recent weeks. This is apparently the reason we've seen a push for The Big Show to the main event level, as well as the reason behind his match with Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at the upcoming Survivor Series pay-per-view on November 24th. Additionally, the large-guy-push in WWE is the reason for the added television exposure of guys like Luke Harper and The Great Khali.

Also, Daniel Bryan may be done as a top star and main eventer. A lot of the blame, as far as WWE is concerned, belongs to the recent attempt to push Daniel Bryan to the top. Bryan is getting the blame by WWE management for the recent drop in pay-per-views, as they feel they gave him a shot in the top spot for the last few months-worth of pay-per-views, and they consider the buyrates dropping to be a direct result of trying to push a smaller guy as opposed to a larger guy, which WWE feels the fans want these days.

Default Re: Why Bryan is now out of the Main Event Picture

There is something to be said for Larger then life people

This makes no sense. They want to up buyrates so they give Big Show a push and give added TV exposure to Luke Harper and Khali.....because they're large superstars? Yeah, everybody is dying to see boring giant stiffs in the ring.

They don't feel Bryan delivered in his program, yet they're pushing Luke Harper, who is in a program with..... Bryan?

- Credit: Bender -

they didnt expect a dip in buys when pushing a newer and less known talent to the ME while also lacking a big name markee matchup like last years HHH/Lesnar???

either this report is BS or they are fools.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    This makes no sense. They want to up buyrates so they give Big Show a push and give added TV exposure to Luke Harper and Khali.....because they're large superstars? Yeah, everybody is dying to see boring giant stiffs in the ring.
    Hey, Luke Harper is a giant, but he isn't a stiff.

surrender

They're blaming Bryan for the fall in PPV buys when the Ratings Killer was his foe? Come on. In regards to SummerSlam, both Cena & Triple H were involved in the big match and a cash-in was STRONGLY hinted. Bryan wasn't at fault for the dip. If people didn't buy an event with all of that, they simply didn't care about the storyline in general.

It's all part of the story clearly, WWE are leaking these reports themselves.

I hope they go all the way with it and push him right down the card and make people really think he's way out of the title picture and have him win every match but never look happy about it, one big work basically. All the way until the Royal Rumble where he wins it.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

The dip in ppv sales could also do with the fact that every finish for the entire feud was a clusterfuck dusty finish, and could be seen coming a mile away. So why watch a ppv when the decision was just going to get reversed or changed the next night anyway?

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I really think they should reduce the costs of the PPVs. 60 dollars is fucking ludicrous. :L

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post

I hope they go all the way with it and push him right down the card and make people really think he's way out of the title picture and have him win every match but never look happy about it, one big work basically. All the way until the Royal Rumble where he wins it.
    This is my thinking as well, I won't be convinced that Bryan is out of major Wrestlemania plans unless the Rumble comes by and he doesn't win it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It's the cycle of the internet. Watch Raw, complain, sleep, repeat.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post

I agree. Let's wait until after the Royal Rumble to either bitch and moan, or celebrate.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

This report sounds like such BS. Especially the part about Harper and Khali... I mean, Harper is part of the Wyatt's... And much better than Rowan... Nuff said. And Khali has been on TV consistently for quite some time now dancing poorly and being the world's biggest jobber. The amount these guys have been on TV hasn't changed. How is that proof of anything?

Oh, and the WWE should know the decrease on PPV buys is probably all on them for the shenanigans since people actually wanted refunds after all that shit. Also, the nothing filler PPV's with all the same matches didn't help things either.

I love they imply in this article that Orton is a giant as well <.<

But fuck if this means Bryan goes back to second main event but Harper is pushed, still for it. Harper is amazing.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

If this is true, these guy's are really stupid and it makes perfect sense why they can't even sell out TV shows or PPVs anymore.

If they don't have an Austin or Rock fall in their lap, they will continue to fall from relevance.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Well I guess Hornswoggle will be getting future endeavored very shortly.

Hasn't this report been making the rounds for at least the past year? Seems like when the Observer ever has a quiet news day, they release some report about the WWE having no idea how to use Bryan and the usual suspects gobble it up.

The report may even have merrit, but at this stage I'm convinced that this Wyatt Family angle is just a breather feud leading into Bryan's Wrestlemania run.

It isn't like there isn't any precedence either. Just look at Steve Austin working Rocky Maivia in 97 or Mr. Maivia working the Bulldog and the New Age Outlaws.

Yes, it was a stupid idea to have Bryan/Orton face off on three consecutive shows only for Bryan to lose but I don't think it's the end of the road just yet.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

They never even gave the guy a real chance. He's a two time WWE Champion for a combined one day. He also got the shit beat out of him multiple times a week while getting verbally shitted on by the highest management authority figures on TV.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I seriously can't believe how much they're working you all right now.

So they undercut the guy both going into and after Sumerslam by calling him a short troll that doesn't deserve to be in the main event and then their surprised when the buyrates are lower than expected.

By the way despite their dumb booking this year's Night of Champions did outdraw the 2011 and 2010 Night of Champions without Cena on the card.

And as we all know the ratings were strong going into Summerslam and have pretty much gone down since The Authority storyline started.

But instead of evaluating how they present their talent the WWE has reached the conclusion that short people can’t draw.

Give me a break.

By the way if this is WWE trying to work the net that is also dumb.
    Last edited by buscow; 11-09-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sab5118 View Post
    Well I guess Hornswoggle will be getting future endeavored very shortly.
    That should have happened a long time ago.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I instantly lost interest when they tried to say that Khali is being used to boost ratings.

That's strange, I must have missed this in my copy of the Observer this week.

Oh, wait, that's right, it's not in there.

Rule #1: Anytime the report is sourced as "Partial Source" it means WE ARE MAKING THIS SHIT UP TO SPARK PAGEVIEWS.

I mean, seriously, people, Khali's being put on television to spark ratings? STOP. TAKING. THE. FUCKING. BAIT.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Layne is my Green Star Holzhammer's Avatar

I don't give a fuck about Daniel Bryan. I want Luke Harper in the main event as a psychotic Swamp Thing version of Stan Hansen beating the shit out of everyone and anything, including pounding The Big Show and The Undertaker at the same time into a bloody paste with bone fragment, and I want it NOW!

I have no problem with Bryan going back lower on the card. Put him in the I.C. Title picture.

Ah Screw it

Thread Information