Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reigns push should be any time now..

Default Roman Reigns push should be any time now..

As of this past week, the plan to turn Roman Reigns babyface is scheduled to be fast-tracked. WWE officials are looking at him as being the new young golden boy of the promotion. On RAW this week they did nothing past put him in a position where his spear on Big Show was designed to make people pop.

Taken from the main page.

I'm glad Boring Ambrose isn't the one getting pushed like it originally seemed (or maybe they'll push him as a singles heel after the inevitable breakup?) Either way, I always wanted to see Reigns be the first, big breakout star out of the Shield.

Default Re: Roman Reigns push should be any time now..

I'm alright with this. He reminds me of what a young Dave Batista would have been had he been signed when he was in his 20s and not mid 30s.

I see OH SHIT IT'S ROMAN REIGNS~! as the guy with the most breakout potential in the Sheild.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I love Roman Reigns. His match with Daniel Bryan was my favorite of the three Shield matches. The guy is just so fast and powerful and he can cut a good intimidating promo. He can be the top face that Ryback could never be.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Agreed on both Batista and Ryback references. Hopefully they handle him right, and don't fudge it up like they did with Ryback.

Good. He's definitely the standout of the group, and he certainly has the look. I do wonder, though. When was the last time that someone who is only 6'3 and 265lbs was showcased as such a monster? He's actually shorter than and about the same weight as The Rock (6'4 or 6'5, 260lbs), for instance. Not that Reigns doesn't pull it off, he definitely does, but I do wonder how they'd book him against guys who are legitimately monsters in stature. With how he's been booked and talked about thus far, it's going to be weird to see him dwarfed by someone in the future. Even Batista had him by 3 inches and 30 pounds, and he wasn't nearly the biggest guy on the roster.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Good. He's definitely the standout of the group, and he certainly has the look. I do wonder, though. When was the last time that someone who is only 6'3 and 265lbs was showcased as such a monster? He's actually shorter than and about the same weight as The Rock (6'4 or 6'5, 260lbs), for instance. Not that Reigns doesn't pull it off, he definitely does, but I do wonder how they'd book him against guys who are legitimately monsters in stature. With how he's been booked and talked about thus far, it's going to be weird to see him dwarfed by someone in the future. Even Batista had him by 3 inches and 30 pounds, and he wasn't nearly the biggest guy on the roster.
    Something about the context of what I bold is something about pro wrestling that I find to be very, very problematic, but Vince McMahon just can't help himself and what he likes.

On-topic, Roman Reigns will be fime matching up because he has a finish that isn't some superhuman feat of strength, but just pure BEAST MODE energy.

Also, the Superman Punch.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I don't mean the finish, I mean the match in general. He's proven that he can take out anyone in convincing fashion with the spear, but I expect Cole and company won't be talking about him in simply monster terms in the future, especially if/when he starts having some truly meaningful singles matchups with guys bigger than him, or even guys around his size (Sandow, for instance, is taller and only 20 pounds lighter). And maybe that's a good thing.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

I am mine. Spin The Black Circle's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing Reigns move on up, just hope they don't rush it too much and ruin it. I remember how sudden and anti-climatic it was when Sheamus beat Cena out of nowhere 4 years ago. Granted, Reigns has been around longer than he had been at the time, but still if Reigns suddenly just becomes WWE/World Champion, it might be too quick. Next summer seems like the perfect time for him. Gives them almost a year to build him up. Shield will probably be gone by Mania or right after Mania, so within a few months after that, he might actually get there. And please no MITB cash in. That is so overdone and he should move up in a more traditional way, like Batista did.
    Last edited by Spin The Black Circle; 11-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.

He's going to have to become more fluid on the mic at some point. He's also going to need to add something gimmicky to his brand/package.

If Reigns leaves the group, I hope they bring in someone to replace him in the Sheild as I still think it has life left in it. One thing I don't get is they keep calling him a big man, sure hes a beast in the ring but hes only what 6'2 - 6'3. Stop calling him that. HHH is taller than reigns. hell i think even Ambrose is taller.

Thanks To Hayze

I can't wait for The Shield to break up, that's 3 fresh singles stars all with great potential that all should be fairly high up the card.

Don't get me wrong, they have been handled perfectly since their debut. We can criticise WWE for a lot of things, but from their debut till now where it looks like Roman Reigns will break apart from the group and go against the authority, they have been handled just perfectly.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

I'm chill like dat Im Coo Like Dat's Avatar

I'm a little worried about his mic skills with being a face, on top of that he just looks like a natural heel, has a pissed off look.

I absolutely love this.

Reigns has so much natural charisma and star appeal , so this is an easy choice for the first to breakout of the group and do so as a babyface. I just hope they don't change everything about him , he doesn't have to be The Rock or Cena on the mic .. so don't Sheamus him!
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Knows he isn't welcome

I'm cool with this, Reigns has been a whole lot of fun, so I'm looking forward for more, just like I do with Ambrose, and hell, I even hope Rollins manages to not devolve into his usual crap self after the break up.

I hope they all succeed, if only to fuck with the "THIS ONE GUY IS THE BREAKOUT STAR, FUCK THE OTHER TWO!" mentality.
    That's all, folks.

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

He is by far my least favorite out of the 3 Shield Members, so I am not a big fan of this news. I really hope Ambrose & Rollins get good pushes too and not just Reigns.

surrender

I don't want to see mitb either. Someone with star power like Reigns doesn't need it. The traditional, Batista/Ultimate Warrior slow build method is the way to go. Give him a run with IC, then build up to a top belt.

I prefer Ambrose of the three, but he's much better than Ryback and if he takes Ryback's spot as the new Monster than hell yeah. Because Ryback sucks.

Hopefully next year we hear about Luke Harper being groomed for a huge push because that is where they have their next great big man.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    He is by far my least favorite out of the 3 Shield Members, so I am not a big fan of this news. I really hope Ambrose & Rollins get good pushes too and not just Reigns.

I agree, Reigns just doesn't cut it for me. IMO, although he has a pretty good look, the guy really, really needs some more work in the ring. I just simply don't see it.

Personally, I think Rollins will be the biggest star of the three, although I think his rise to main eventer will take a little longer because of his size and wrestling style. I think Rollins could be this generations Jeff Hardy for the WWE.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Banned

I personally think Reigns has what it takes to be the next Dino Bravo. That's not a bad thing is it?

It's not that I dislike him. He's really good at being there, but I think there are more talented guys who never even existed that are better than him.

I don't think he has enough of an ego yet.

He's gonna be a huge star no doubt. He kinda reminds me of taker a little bit with the athleticism of hbk.

Ah Screw it

I hate stumbling onto spoilers like these, even if it's my fault. I miss the days when character and direction changes were a surprise.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I think he's got what it takes. He's got the look, intensity, and charisma to get him over as a top guy. As long as he works on his promos, there shouldn't be any problem at all.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I remember how before The Shield even had a match, many people including myself doubted Reigns' ability. However, since then he has surprised me and now this news fills me with joy.

I haven't been impressed much with Ambrose and less so by Rollins, I thought they would have made that extra step up since being called up the the main roster, sadly.... they haven't.
    - Credit: Bender -

Anything short of next Monday is too long for me. I love Reigns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

i hope he can keep some of the swat team look after the break up. especially those cool wrist guards.

if they dress him up like a Uso it will kill him.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Thread Information