Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, Looks like the payoffs are slowly coming

Default So, Looks like the payoffs are slowly coming

The Authority storyline is in full swing, so I wanted to know how people felt about the storyline as a whole up to this point, and how they see the payoffs for each of the angles within this storyline coming.
    I wrote in the MVP thread about this Big Show debacle from RAW and the utter waste of a segment the entire thing was. Weak arc in my opinion, weak way to introduce this Corporate Kane--not a big reveal in any way if you're going to completely change the monsters look just to have him toss a few chairs.
    The ending was overdone, and if you're going to have a lawsuit angle, how are you gonna end it with a full out assault that would, in real life as a lawsuit would, just create another lawsuit. And if you're going to have the board involved, INVOLVE them...or at least a rep--Vince. I seriously hope next week they do a creative swerve or thiswas a total waste of the angle .

Thoughts on this one? The other angles in the storyline?
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Default Re: So, Looks like the payoffs are slowly coming

TBH I like the storyline, I love Corporate kane as it will be a complete change of character. This story line still hasn't even got into full swing yet. By the time royal rumble comes round then we'll know if it been good or bad. But so far im pleased with it.

Thanks To Hayze

It's kind of like 2000/2001 from an alternate dimension but instead of being awesome it really sucked. So yeah, not great.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

The drastic drop in viewership for the final hour says it all. No one is interested in the Stephanie/HHH/Show feud.

Most aren't interested in HHH/Stephanie PERIOD as the power hungry jerks. . Sure maybe the diehard fans that will watch regardless but most will turn it off

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Everything after Summerslam has pretty much sucked. That's the simplest way of putting it. HHH has killed the entertainment value of everything stone dead and needs to go away now as an on screen talent, and take his wife with him.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

I really don't like how it went from DB vs Authority with Big Show on the side to now Big Show taking DB's spot vs the Authority and DB seems to be out of the picture. Just why?....

Personally all the complaining about this angle kind of irritates me.

People are either looking for an excuse to blame HHH for things they don't like or are just bitter about the storyline moving on from D-Bry (which I understand). But for most part in my opinion this is far more entertaining than some of the things they could be going back to. Like feeding everyone to WWE Champion John Cena for instance. Big Show has been more interesting in the last few months than ever, and HHH isn't taking up the whole damn show every damn week.

Maybe I'm just easy to please.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

The day they remove Daniel Bryan from the storyline and didnt gave him the title it became a complete failure. And as always the whole thing ended up revolving around HHH and his i try so hard to be Mr. Mcmahon from the attitude era, and hes not close in any way shape or form

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Personally all the complaining about this angle kind of irritates me.

People are either looking for an excuse to blame HHH for things they don't like or are just bitter about the storyline moving on from D-Bry (which I understand). But for most part in my opinion this is far more entertaining than some of the things they could be going back to. Like feeding everyone to WWE Champion John Cena for instance. Big Show has been more interesting in the last few months than ever, and HHH isn't taking up the whole damn show every damn week.

Maybe I'm just easy to please.
    I agree with this completely and you know what else, if we kept getting DB vs Orton I can almost guarantee that comments of "stale" "too long" would start coming into play.

Bryan is over as hell and that isn't going to go away, you know what they're doing, they're using Bryans overness to help the Wyatts which to me reeks of common sense.

I do have to say that now more then ever i'm enjoying reading the HHH hate since I never really got it before but after Summerslam my eyes were opened to the sheer levels of it that exist and how far some people take it.

We're getting something different and a lot of people are dumping on it, yet as Ice mentioned if we went back to Cena being in the WWE title picture it'd be all "super-cena again, come on do something different."

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

I was interested in Stephanie when it involved the Rhodes, and I was interested in Triple H when it involved Bryan.

I personally change the channel when it's Del Rio or Big Show.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    We're getting something different and a lot of people are dumping on it, yet as Ice mentioned if we went back to Cena being in the WWE title picture it'd be all "super-cena again, come on do something different."
    Something being different doesn't automatically make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Something being different doesn't automatically make it good.
    That's fair but that's not what goes on and you know it. It's the never-changing attitude that PW and wrestling fans have developed that everything is bad when they don't get their way. The point(s) we're trying to make is:

-WWE is doing more good than bad right now.
    -John Cena is not the WWE Champion, which what the overwhelming majority of the IWC wanted, and got, still aren't happy.
    -And that HHH hate is taken to such an asinine level that anything he's involved with is bad.

All things concidered (and I mean actually considered and looked at without a bias or a know-it-all attitude we all seem to have here, myself included) things are pretty decent if not good in WWE. Especially the main event. Where in past years they barely tried. It's tiring to here all of this negativity.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Knows he isn't welcome

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, some people just don't find the angle entertaining, without any ulterior motive or agenda.

Crazy, right?
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    And maybe, JUST MAYBE, some people just don't find the angle entertaining, without any ulterior motive or agenda.

Crazy, right?
    There was a targeted group in that post and you know it. Not everyone dislikes the angle for the same reason. It would be absent minded to think that way.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post

Crazy, right?
    That's where I stand with it right now. Big Show hasn't entertained me in any sort of way in years (the lone highlight is when he lost a tables match to Cody Rhodes). Sure he's a great actor and does some good work. So is Tom Cruise (I couldn't think of a better example) but, that doesn't mean I have to find him entertaining just because everyone else does.
    Do I sound angry or something?

Well to paraphrase Ice, you and and Nightwolf aren't that targeted group he alluded to and that's perfectly fine. No-ones forcing anyone to like it, it's more to do with that I personally feel based on what i've seen of the IWC that if it was ANYONE but HHH in HHH's current position, this whole angle would be looked at a lot more positively by a lot of people.

I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not

-John Cena is not the WWE Champion, which what the overwhelming majority of the IWC wanted, and got, still aren't happy.
    -And that HHH hate is taken to such an asinine level that anything he's involved with is bad.
    - Cena is not the WWE Champion, but Randy Orton is. Randy Orton ain't exactly high on the list of IWC favorites either. For a long time, the most dreaded scenario saw both Cena & Orton as the top champions. Well, here we are...

- Disliking a specific person that's involved in a storyline is a perfectly valid reason to not like it. A lot of people hate Triple H. As a result, a lot of people are going to dislike something he's heavily involved in.

It just seems like whenever Trips sticks himself into an angle it seems automatically lose a lot of its zest. History has shown this.. Thats not just blind HHH bashing, thats just how its been.

I guarantee if you took HHH out of the Punk/Vince feud and left it at that viewership would have SKYROCKETED!!!

If you took HHH/Stephanie out of their role, and put Vince in, Ratings right now would be a hell of a lot better than they are

- Cena is not the WWE Champion, but Randy Orton is. Randy Orton ain't exactly high on the list of IWC favorites either. For a long time, the most dreaded scenario saw both Cena & Orton as the top champions. Well, here we are...
    - Disliking a specific person that's involved in a storyline is a perfectly valid reason to not like it. A lot of people hate Triple H. As a result, a lot of people are going to dislike something he's heavily involved in.
    I must not be making the point clear enough, and that's my bad maybe. Let's try that again. You know how not everything that John Cena has been involved with has been terrible over the last 8 or so years but people (I was incredibly guilty of this at one point) hated it "Cuz fuk Supermanz"? Well HHH gets the same treatment. It's not so much that I'm commenting on the hate of the angle because they don't like him, but instead that It was never given a chance, or became his fault (almost exclusively) when people didn't get their way. Not liking an on-air personality and therefore not liking an angle is far more valid. But there seems to be this contagious attitude about the angle here and elsewhere with what I mentioned being the driving force. Please tell me if I'm not making sense, I can get ranty.

Just by the by, I'm not speaking of you or anybody else specifically right now. Just in case it comes off that way, you too Nighty. Of course there are valid reasons not to like this angle, I'm not even saying anyone should like it. I'm holding on for dear life myself.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

My biggest problem with the story line isn't Bryan being removed (didn't mind that tbh), because if you don't become the face of the WWE in the main event of Mania, it never happened.

The problem is that I can think of like 10 guys at least that would have been so much better in Big Show's role, how they picked him for this is beyond me and obviously going to continue to lose viewers because, since when has anyone really gave a good shit about Show?

That's where this story line really blew it.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It just seems like whenever Trips sticks himself into an angle it seems automatically lose a lot of its zest. History has shown this.. Thats not just blind HHH bashing, thats just how its been.

I guarantee if you took HHH out of the Punk/Vince feud and left it at that viewership would have SKYROCKETED!!!

If you took HHH/Stephanie out of their role, and put Vince in, Ratings right now would be a hell of a lot better than they are
    That's almost impossible to know.

Personally I have no interest whatsoever to see Vince in this role again. When it was Vince that hated Bryan and HHH that supported him, I liked it a little less. Everything Vince has been apart of ever since his feud with DX years ago has been pretty wack to me.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    My biggest problem with the story line isn't Bryan being removed (didn't mind that tbh), because if you don't become the face of the WWE in the main event of Mania, it never happened.

The problem is that I can think of like 10 guys at least that would have been so much better in Big Show's role, how they picked him for this is beyond me and obviously going to continue to lose viewers because, since when has anyone really gave a good shit about Show?

That's where this story line really blew it.
    I think Big Show got picked because of the history he and HHH have, that and Show is seen as a safe option. Sheamus is hurt, Rhodes is in a tag feud and not ready quite yet. They've damaged Ziggler too much lately, Langston isn't quite ready yet, Del Rio and Sandow are both heels.

I know you're going to mention Cesaro when I ask this so who besides him are these 9 other guys that would be so much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    I think Big Show got picked because of the history he and HHH have, that and Show is seen as a safe option. Sheamus is hurt, Rhodes is in a tag feud and not ready quite yet. They've damaged Ziggler too much lately, Langston isn't quite ready yet, Del Rio and Sandow are both heels.

I know you're going to mention Cesaro when I ask this so who besides him are these 9 other guys that would be so much better?
    Beat me to it. They pretty much exhausted Bryan as a sympathetic face. Who in world else could fit the bill that's also ready. It's not always the right call to go with the safe option, as we've seen with Cena a bit. But Show while not the most interesting as of late, can do it.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I must not be making the point clear enough, and that's my bad maybe. Let's try that again. You know how not everything that John Cena has been involved with has been terrible over the last 8 or so years but people (I was incredibly guilty of this at one point) hated it "Cuz fuk Supermanz"? Well HHH gets the same treatment. It's not so much that I'm commenting on the hate of the angle because they don't like him, but instead that It was never given a chance, or became his fault (almost exclusively) when people didn't get their way. Not liking an on-air personality and therefore not liking an angle is far more valid. But there seems to be this contagious attitude about the angle here and elsewhere with what I mentioned being the driving force. Please tell me if I'm not making sense, I can get ranty.

Just by the by, I'm not speaking of you or anybody else specifically right now. Just in case it comes off that way, you too Nighty. Of course there are valid reasons not to like this angle, I'm not even saying anyone should like it. I'm holding on for dear life myself.
    You are making sense, but you have to understand that Triple H is portraying a character that's based on the real life hate he gets, which is only reinforcing said hatred. As for not giving it a chance from the start, chalk that up to Pavlovian Conditioning. Whenever people see Triple H, bad memories come flooding back and they feel that the angle is about to nosedive. The instant he hit the Pedigree on Bryan, it was like the dog's mouth beginning to water because he heard the bell. He knew the food was coming. People expect the burial now, so when Triple H hits that one Pedigree, there's a collective Charlie Brown "AUUUUUUUUUUUGH!" shouted across the Internet. Now, when Lucy plants the ball, nobody tries to kick it because they've learned from the past and know she's gonna screw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    You are making sense, but you have to understand that Triple H is portraying a character that's based on the real life hate he gets, which is only reinforcing said hatred. As for not giving it a chance from the start, chalk that up to Pavlovian Conditioning. Whenever people see Triple H, bad memories come flooding back and they feel that the angle is about to nosedive. The instant he hit the Pedigree on Bryan, it was like the dog's mouth beginning to water because he heard the bell. He knew the food was coming. People expect the burial now, so when Triple H hits that one Pedigree, there's a collective Charlie Brown "AUUUUUUUUUUUGH!" shouted across the Internet. Now, when Lucy plants the ball, nobody tries to kick it because they've learned from the past and know she's gonna screw them.
    Good analogy.

However no matter how true that may be, I don't think it's remotely fair to HHH, the angle, or anyone else who's involved in it. Especially because his history is, I think, greatly exaggerated. People can think they're being set up for more of the same all they want, that doesn't make it true. When I saw the pedigree at Summerslam I had the reaction that you're alluding to, ill admit it. But I slept on it and realized this isn't 2003, and there won't be a burial just because someone who gets as bad of a reputation as a pitbull is involved. And nobody has been buried. I just don't think that it's a good reason to not like this particular angle because it doesn't apply.

Not liking him as a performer, or Big Show, or it being similar angles to 15 years ago (as silly as that is too) is far more valid. Even if hollow.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Thread Information