Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real reason why Wade Barrett has disappeared

Default Real reason why Wade Barrett has disappeared

He's been having visa problems.

http://www.lep.co.uk/what-s-on/theat...home-1-6150717

Also here's a Q&A interview:
    Spoiler

Default Re: Real reason why Wade Barrett has disappeared

I can honestly say that I didn't even realize he was off of TV.

Good interview. Does anyone know how difficult it is for someone like Barrett to get dual citizenship so that this kind of issue doesn't take place on a regular basis? I know a lot of foreign players in the NHL have done that. I assume its a rather complicated process but since probably about 90% of their work in done in the States it seems like it would be worth it to guys like Barrett, Shemus, ADR and others to try. I've felt for years now that problems like this are why the E seems reluctant to push these guys into mainevent/championship positions.

I thought it was because they figured out he has no real potential.

I seem to remember Drew McIntyre had a similar issue a couple of years ago, so this doesn't come as any surprise. Wade has a ton of potential, he's capable in the ring and he's solid on the mic. If they just stopped jobbing him out it'd all be good.

Here's hoping he gets a push on his return, the IC/US title scene in particular could use him.

War Machine

Diva of Destruction

Spoiler

Wade Barrett has no star power. I think his best chance was the "hired gun" gimmick that lasted all but 0 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleMania 34 View Post
    Wade Barrett has no star power. I think his best chance was the "hired gun" gimmick that lasted all but 0 weeks.
    Too bad that not true. His main event run back in the nexus days proved how much star power he has, an many believe(me included) that had it not been for that ill-timed injury he would've been in a higher role right now. Shit happens though, that's life and so this doesn't seem like it's just opinion vs opinion I will just stick with my original statement and that he proved he had star power the moment he got into the main roster as the nexus leader.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I actually agree with WrestleMania 34, Barrett lacks a bit of star power. Nexus was successful because it was a great angle, and Barrett was successful in it because it emphasised Barrett's strength (talking). His singles matches during that run and at every other point in his career have exposed his lack of natural charisma. I'm afraid he has the gift of the gab, and not much else.

Have to agree with Todd and WM34, he had such momentum during that time because of the promos he was delivering and the aura of the group as a whole. He is an okay wrestler and has good mic skills so he could be something but I don't ever see him as a main event level guy.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I actually agree with WrestleMania 34, Barrett lacks a bit of star power. Nexus was successful because it was a great angle, and Barrett was successful in it because it emphasised Barrett's strength (talking). His singles matches during that run and at every other point in his career have exposed his lack of natural charisma. I'm afraid he has the gift of the gab, and not much else.
    No one is perfect in every shape, but I am willing to bet that given the right time to develop a lot of Barrett's flaws can be covered. I mean, his "star power" isn't as dim as say... Curtis Axel. He is actually on a good level, I just think maybe if his momentum wasn't absolutely gone by now we may see those "flaws" covered or gone. He has enough charisma but that really depends on how do you build him up.

Yes, The Nexus was a great angle and that probably factored into it, but I don't believe Barrett lacks star power completely. Obviously, he may never be a true main eventer or stick in the title scene continuously, but at least with him there is seriously a long list of roles he can do that would make him shine. Some people just aren't that natural and need a bit of a push to get them, and some people just don't seem to connect even when they get a push, and Barrett is not the latter.

He's in the same boat as Zack Ryder. He can do so many things for them and evolve into a very profitable name for them. But they either can't see it or refuse to see it.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Banned

He is not liked because he said Benoit was his favorite

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I like Barrett.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

It's not like he ever did anything worth a damn, they booked him like shit and have been for the past three years. Bad visa or no.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I can honestly say that I didn't even realize he was off of TV.
    same! Surprised I didn't notice, I was a Barrett fan at one stage. I'd like to see him come back and given a better character. Was never a fan of his 'barrage' gimmick.

Since they're "refocusing" on the tag division again the just need to put him with somebody and make a heel tag team. I always thought he'd be perfect with William regal.

Ah Screw it

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
    Since they're "refocusing" on the tag division again the just need to put him with somebody and make a heel tag team. I always thought he'd be perfect with William regal.
    OK, this is when I have to struggle REALLLY hard not to be completely dickish and sardonic.

I mean...this again?
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
    Just a tag team? Why not go all the way? He can team with Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Finlay, Robbie Brookside and Johnny Saint. They will be like the Nexus, but British!!!

If Wade Barrett becomes in a tag team he have to be with Sheamus. That would be a cool team that would bring back some awesome brawls and extreme matches.

But, that's just my opinion.

And it doesn't have to be about nationality at all.

Banned

No one cares about Wade Barret but I can see him returning with the Nexus again. A sheamus/Barret and Kofi/Trurh team would be great because I hate all four men n they can be jobbers to the Shield and Usos.

Quote Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
    No one cares about Wade Barret but I can see him returning with the Nexus again. A sheamus/Barret and Kofi/Trurh team would be great because I hate all four men n they can be jobbers to the Shield and Usos.
    Honestly, do you have to limp yourself as "everyone"? You don't care about him, doesn't mean others won't. Especially when there are a lot of Barrett fans out there.

I'm surprised by all the Barrett bashing in this thread.
    The man has brilliant mic skills and has had great matches against sheamus, orton and bryan. He's a solid worker and if he didn't get injured in early 2012 he may have had a world title reign under his belt, at the very least he'd be in contention.
    I can see barret coming back strong, possibly working for the authority in some way, but I've no doubt he'll be world champion sooner rather than later.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I can definitely see Barrett with the WHC one day.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I think Wade was great doing the whole NXT thing against Cena. After that though he's just kind of been "meh" to me. I honestly didn't even notice he was gone until I saw the title to this thread but I think that has more to do with WWE giving him crap to work with rather than Wade lacking talent. He's got some pretty well groomed facial hair and a very classy hair cut...so there is that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I can definitely see Barrett with the WHC one day.
    I agree. He should however be in a bruiser tag team for a year with Sheamus and break up and feud him again maybe even for the big gold belt. Not every guy can be in the WHT picture at once so have him do something important for a while elsewhere. He's got a decent look, not bad on the mic, and can look good enough in the ring to be at least that 2nd place top title holder. Sure, he won't ever be the face of the company but not everyone has to be.

Thread Information