Thread: The Rhodes Family

Default The Rhodes Family

Push Goldust? Thank you WWE

So what now? Can the WWE allow the Rhodes to take the titles back to the midcard and get the Uso's or PTP players over? I hope so. Let the Rhodes Family move on to feud with a tag team and help them get over by putting on an excellent match and have the classic 'mix up' that costs the Rhodes the titles and leads us to a 1v1 brother v. brother match at Mania.

Let Goldy do the job and build Cody up as the chosen one that Randy Orton could never be.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Default Re: The Rhodes Family

I'm absolutely in love with the fact that WWE is pushing the Rhodes family. in part because they're my distant cousins, and in part because i really believe that Cody has what it takes to headline and main event RAW and Co-Main a PPV. them being Tag champs really opens up the division, too, because the Tag division has really been getting stronger as of late, and with the shield getting brought down a notch, i can really see some amazing feuds for Dustin and Cody. if the Real Americans ever want some tag-team gold (or pennies, as it turns out) that would be an amazing rivalry with awesome matches.

I'm an old school kind of wrestling fan so I enjoy seeing guys like Goldust, who still wrestles a good match. But I still really hope this leads to a Goldust/Cody one on one match at mania. From what I've read, Goldust/Dustin Rhodes wants to have the match, and the guy has more than paid his dues in WWE and he deserves one last great match.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Happy for Cody and Goldust (Seriously, who would've thought The Bizarre One would be holding gold in 2013?!!), but kind of bummed. The Shield should've been tag team champions for a year at least.

Oh well, Rhodes Vs. Rhodes for WM 30!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

I think it was an excellent call to put the belts on the Rhodes. Like others have said, I want them to have a run with the title, maybe start to have some turmoil, lose the titles to either the Uso's or PTP and blame each other for the loss. That leads to a Rhodes feud that culminates at Mania. It seems like the obvious way to go and it seems like something a lot of the fans want. I'd even like to see Dusty brought in and made the special referee at Mania. The drama of Dusty being torn between his two sons and referee that match would really add to the storyline IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    Happy for Cody and Goldust (Seriously, who would've thought The Bizarre One would be holding gold in 2013?!!), but kind of bummed. The Shield should've been tag team champions for a year at least.

Oh well, Rhodes Vs. Rhodes for WM 30!
    Agreed. The shield bought legitamacy to the belts and now its a prop again for the Rhodes who will eventually break up. I can see it already: Rhodes Family Vs some tag team where Goldust walks out and Cody gets pinned to lose the title. I am so angry that the Shield are being jobbed for a non-tag team but not surprised.

Am I the only one not fussed on Rhodes vs. Rhodes at 'Mania? If anything, it could affect Cody's recent face turn. I'd have Orton take out Goldy with the punt, have Cody seek revenge, they go one on one at 'Mania with Goldust returning to be in his brother's corner. Cody goes over and gets the rub. It'll help strengthen his face run.

If Goldust is allowed free-rein to do it his way then a Cody/Goldust feud would be phenomenal. If it's weeks of 'funny' Goldust then it may be a let-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If Goldust is allowed free-rein to do it his way then a Cody/Goldust feud would be phenomenal. If it's weeks of 'funny' Goldust then it may be a let-down.
    The fued will be because Goldust blocked Cody on twitter.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Only reported because of the WWE app.

- Credit JV -
    My client Gus Poyet broke the streak!!!

The golden point where this match could have happened at a Mania was 2013. Rhodes was proclaiming that he would become bigger than his brother and his father, and recently feuding with Booker T, it could have worked.

Now it would work more if they go with like a Mysterio Guerrero Mania 21 type feud or a jealous grudge feud.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes vs. Cody Rhodes I like
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    Am I the only one not fussed on Rhodes vs. Rhodes at 'Mania? If anything, it could affect Cody's recent face turn. I'd have Orton take out Goldy with the punt, have Cody seek revenge, they go one on one at 'Mania with Goldust returning to be in his brother's corner. Cody goes over and gets the rub. It'll help strengthen his face run.
    I've never been big on the idea of Rhodes vs Rhodes just for the sake of doing it. The whole point of doing brother vs brother is that the whole thing is a big jumbled-up mess of emotions; love and hate and jealousy and bonds forged that have been irreparably shattered.

...Cody and Dustin are sixteen years apart in age. I remember being a kid and watching a grown-up "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes on WCW, and Cody's younger than I am. I just cannot bring myself to believe the two are close enough for the angle to work the way these things usually go. There's something about growing up together; teaching each other and fighting over stupid things and arguing over who gets to go first that Cody and Dustin just don't have. The pathos of Dusty having to choose between his two sons (the older one who he failed as a parent and ended up a screwup versus the baby of the family) is good but this angle should not be about Dusty.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

If elevating Cody to main event levels than I'm not sure Cody vs Goldust is the right way to go. Perhaps Cody vs Randy Orton at WrestleMania would be better.

Personally i'd rather see Rhodes vs. Sandow at Mania with Cody vs. Goldust coming before then as a number one contenders match or something of the like.

Were I handling it i'd have Cody and Goldust both qualify for the WHC Elimination Chamber and have them be among the final three alongside Damian Sandow. Cody can pin Goldust after a brief scrape before being blindsided by Sandow and losing because of that. On one of the Raw's before WrestleMania you can have Cody vs. Goldust in a number one contenders match, maybe even bring in Dusty to ref the match for added drama, and after Cody wins he goes on to face Sandow at Mania with Goldust in his corner. We get what should be a great Goldust vs. Cody match as well as a great WrestleMania moment with Goldust embracing his brother after a hard fought championship victory over Sandow. You could even have Sandow feud with Goldust after assuming he's still under contract at that point.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

LOL, motherfucking repped! X D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

I think the Shield will be getting the belts back very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I'd say TLC, in a ladder match.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

We need a brother vs brother Wrestlemania match to make up for the Jeff and Matt Hardy feud that kinda tanked.

I wonder if we'll see the return of Dirty Rhodes, Dusty's cousin...probably not.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I definitely agree.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I'd rather see The Shield vs. The Rhodes brothers in a hell in a cell match than another Punk vs. Ryback cell match.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Pomf View Post
    Personally i'd rather see Rhodes vs. Sandow at Mania with Cody vs. Goldust coming before then as a number one contenders match or something of the like.

Were I handling it i'd have Cody and Goldust both qualify for the WHC Elimination Chamber and have them be among the final three alongside Damian Sandow. Cody can pin Goldust after a brief scrape before being blindsided by Sandow and losing because of that. On one of the Raw's before WrestleMania you can have Cody vs. Goldust in a number one contenders match, maybe even bring in Dusty to ref the match for added drama, and after Cody wins he goes on to face Sandow at Mania with Goldust in his corner. We get what should be a great Goldust vs. Cody match as well as a great WrestleMania moment with Goldust embracing his brother after a hard fought championship victory over Sandow. You could even have Sandow feud with Goldust after assuming he's still under contract at that point.
    I love this ideal its a perfect way to have the brother vs brother but its but at wrestlemania and he gets his wrestlemania moment just perfect

Banned

Golddust wanted a match with Cdy at Mania because he was doing jack shit with his career at the time. Now I'm sure it wouldn't matter since he got signed to a two week on air contract or whatever.

I'm pretty sure he'd want a match with his brother at the biggest wrestling show of the year whether he was getting paid a million dollars or a fiver.

Thread Information