Thread: Is this Big Show's best work?

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Question Is this Big Show's best work?

I can't ever remember enjoying Big Show more than I am right now. The guy has just made brilliance out of everything he's been given in the past two months. It's crazy how they stumbled onto this with that Big Show chant that second week when Bryan was getting beat down, and Show has earned such a prominent role from it. I know he's an older dude, but that's what makes it all the more amazing to me. This guy has been around for nearly two decades and he may be doing the best work of his career.

Do you guys agree? Has Big Show ever had a better run of performances than the one he's currently on?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: Is this Big Show's best work?

In my opinion there is no better run for me than when he & Floyd had their mania angle. From the gate it was hot when they started at no way out.the promos were suberb.big show as a entertainer and may weather as himself, a cocky dude with in your face attitude. The raw segment where show tossed Floyd over ropes onto his people made for great tv.it actually had me thinking who would win a giant or a undefeated boxing warrior. Big show at his best in my opinion, plus it actually had me wanting to see a big show match up.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

It's good, but I wouldn't say it's the best of his career. At times, he overacts but the past two weeks have been a solid payoff to the angle. Vince will be appearing any week now. Maybe next week or the Raw after HIAC. I want to see HHH/Show at HIAC, but my guess is they are saving it for another month or two.

This is among Big Shows top work no questions asked. They build him up like a pot of boiling water and now he's overflowing. It may have taken a few weeks to boil but now its come. When the fans started cheering their asses off I honestly didn't know what was going on until Big Show appeared, that's a sweet run-in surprise.

Just to nitpick a little... I wish Show would have thrown Rollins right through the Spanish announce table.

Now that they have it set-up, Vinny Mac should come out and say that Show is still employed by a higher power that HHH or Steph.

I thought Show's contract was "Iron Clad"

....oh well.

I'll agree it is some of his best work. If he didn't cry so much in the beginning of the storyline it would have been better though. The tears are the only downfall of the angle so far

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

My question though us when this storyline is over is show going to slump back to nothing. The sad answer is probably yes. You have Bryan and Orton fighting for the wwe title, if Cena doesn't win the world title they'll stick him back in the title hunt, and I just don't see show beating HHH if they face off.

Ah Screw it

Banned

I would say this is just as good if not better than his feud with Boss Man about Big Show's dad dying even though he actually died a few years before.

Show's best work was when he became World Heavyweight Champion again last year. His three month reign and the feud with Del Rio was great stuff.
    It's showtime, folks!

His work in the New ECW was solid and probably his most revered amongst the internet , but aside from some of the cringe worthy tears from early on in the angle I can't say I've enjoyed The Big Show this much since maybe WCW and his early WWF days.

I loathed him on my TV every week for the longest time , he was the definition of stale and really one of the consistently worst booked guys on the roster. It's amazing what even the simplest stories can do to rejuvenate someone and make them interesting again .. even if its only for a little while.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Weren't people saying this about "heel" Show in the "People Power" era, when he won the world title as well?

I'm sure its a given.
    - Credit: Bender -

Show has done some great stuff, hes stuff with mayweather and his stuff last year were great. Also hes stuff with Lesnar was pretty good too.

Thanks To Hayze

My favorite Big Show work was when he was ECW Champion carrying the brand by himself for 6 months. So many great TV matches over the ECW title.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Nahh.. I don't buy the angle number 1:

1. Broke but wearing thousand dollar suits.. Righht
    2. Fired but comes to the ring in wrestling tights and his music playing and gain entrance to the building.
    3. All the crying shit (Over what again? )

His ECW days as world champ is his best work IMO

I haven't been a fan of The Big Show's work for the past three years. He just doesn't do it for me. I'm not saying that his current work may be bad, I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of it.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleMania 34 View Post
    I thought Show's contract was "Iron Clad"

....oh well.
    If I recall correctly (and I might not) they explained it away as "Johnny Ace said it was an ironclad contract, but Johnny Ace is an idiot and his lawyers are not as good at finding loopholes as HHH's."

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Nahh.. I don't buy the angle number 1:

1. Broke but wearing thousand dollar suits.. Righht
    2. Fired but comes to the ring in wrestling tights and his music playing and gain entrance to the building.
    3. All the crying shit (Over what again? )

His ECW days as world champ is his best work IMO

This is wrestling buddy, it makes no sense. I'm sure Triple H was relieved of his duties as COO 2 years ago but somehow got them back, without any reason.

:duunno:
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by BringThePain513 View Post
    I would say this is just as good if not better than his feud with Boss Man about Big Show's dad dying even though he actually died a few years before.
    Agreed. His storyline with Big Bossman was fantastic.

I was also a big fan of shows gimmick where he would imitate other wrestlers. When he was the Showster or Showkishi. It was a comedy angle that was done right. It wasn't over the top or stupid (I'm looking at you Santino) and was more about him taunting other guys and playing up to the crowd.

This is just like any other Big Show storyline to me: rare moments of brilliance but generally mediocrity or worse. However, I am enjoying the fact that he's barely wrestling these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    This is just like any other Big Show storyline to me: rare moments of brilliance but generally mediocrity or worse. However, I am enjoying the fact that he's barely wrestling these days.
    I definitely agree. I like Show, but over the years I've liked him as a side act. It is nothing on the guy at all but WWE ruined him like a lot of the monster heels, Henry and Kane come to mind, in that they were not booked the way they should have been booked. They were shown as comedy acts then shown monsters then showing a heroes then shown again as either pathetic or sore, it's like wwe failed to capitalize on them. Had show been been booked correctly throughout all these years we wouldn't be seeing him as a joke and people would fear him naturally.

Look at the amount of monster heels WWE currently has that are now(or were shortly in these past 2-3 years): Kane, Mark Henry, The Great Khali(Yes, I'd wish he doesn't wrestle but still to think he took THAT much of a fall...)Tensai, Brodus Clay, and lastly and most importantly... Big Show. I may have even forgotten a few names, but tell me how these guys weren't just fearsome in their monster heel roles? Like, even Brodus Clay was appearing to be good in that role but now he is doing the same boring routine and being a "funkasaurus" and added Tensai with him. Kane's face run with Bryan was definitely gold and I enjoyed it, but to seriously believe that we are supposed to see him as this demon to fear after all these times of seeing him doing comedy and goofing around? I'd have been okay had WWE not tried to force us to "go along" with it and just continued with him like that, but obviously they don't know how to book them in the long turn without changing them once in a while.

It's been going on for years now, I can honestly tell you there were barely any guys like Lesnar who would be monster heels and be bad-asses while still turning face and not look like a joke by WWE and when(or if) he turned back again people would still see him as a monster. Like, barely.

So, while I do like Show the fact stands that the best we ever got from him was mainly moments where he didn't even wrestle or get us anything in the ring, which is a blessing. I'll probably won't be as satisfied with the match between him and HHH as much as I was with this moment of him KOing him but that is definitely just my taste. And mostly because that's how I like Show, to do everything even the fights without the confines of a match. Shame, because I was(and maybe still am) a huge fan of his but most my fandom was basically not for his matches but what he has done outside in those few moments he does something either funny or cool.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Thread Information