Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News Regarding Damien Sandow.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

Default News Regarding Damien Sandow.

- WWE will be turning Damien Sandow babyface soon. It was discussed earlier this year to have Sandow cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase but lose. That idea appears to be off the table now and it looks like a World Heavyweight Title run is in his future.
    Source: F4Wonline.com

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Buy the fucking Network. The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: News Regarding Damien Sandow.

Puzzling move to say the least, but I'll give it a chance.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of the change, but I'll give it a chance.

I don't see how his gimmick will work out as a face, and it kind of kills the chance of a Sandow vs Rhodes World title match.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazzler View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the change, but I'll give it a chance.

I don't see how his gimmick will work out as a face, and it kind of kills the chance of a Sandow vs Rhodes World title match.
    His gimmick is going to have to change completely if he turns face, but if he can pull it off it will show that he is more than a one trick pony.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I was saying this a while ago.

Making Damien Sandow a babyface isn't impossible. Making him someone that wants to teach the children could be great for all of the public-facing good publicity stuff WWE likes to show everyone that they do.

Instead of being a snobby intellectual, make him a "cool teacher", and it might be crazy enough to work.
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

Banned

I agree with the gimmick change part and that it kills the chance of Sandow vs Rhodes. The gimmick he has now just wouldn't work as well as it does as a heel and it is a heel gimmick. It's like with Del Rio's gimmick, his face run just didn't work out very well and when WWE realized that, they turned him back heel

Banned

EDIT: If they do the teacher gimmick, they should definitely go with the "cool teacher" gimmick

Knows he isn't welcome

Del Rio's face turn flopped because they completely scrapped his character and turned him into Mexican Sheamus. The first few weeks of his turn, before they took away almost everything from him, worked perfectly.

I'm curious to see what they do with Sandow. Like Deej said, his current gimmick CAN work, but WWE might just scrap it in favor of something else, just like they did with ADR.
    That's all, folks.

Yeah, the idea of Del Rio wanting to share his wealth with the people could have been played up way more.

If he had had money rain down from the rafters Trump-style, it would be a one way ticket to overness.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by BringThePain513 View Post
    EDIT: If they do the teacher gimmick, they should definitely go with the "cool teacher" gimmick
    Well just so long as they (WWE) don't give Damien Sandow the sexy school teacher gimmick Michelle McCool had when she first came to the WWE.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Knows he isn't welcome

Sandow using his intellect to fool heels like Ryback, both in the mic and in the ring, would be perfect.
    That's all, folks.

But positive traits like diversity and intellect have always been taken as negative by the wrestling audience, I just don't see it working with the average wrestling fan.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Hes good but World Champion worthy? I dont think so.. Not Yet at least. I still think Ziggler (maybe even Cesaro) should have got that rub with MITB

Banned

Yeah, I completely agree that the Trump-type money rain would have been over huge. But isn't that counterfeit money that they drop?

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    His gimmick is going to have to change completely if he turns face, but if he can pull it off it will show that he is more than a one trick pony.
    I think he can be a funny, witty sarcastic character that the fans will love. He just needs to incorporate the funny and make it believable. I think he can do it.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Well just so long as they (WWE) don't give Damien Sandow the sexy school teacher gimmick Michelle McCool had when she first came to the WWE.
    What about the Matt Striker gimmick?

Not to mention, the guy has been a jobbing machine lately. THey need to give some big wins in a row to at least make his world title reign mean something if he gets it

Quote Originally Posted by BringThePain513 View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree that the Trump-type money rain would have been over huge. But isn't that counterfeit money that they drop?
    Pretty sure it was real money with Trump.

Bender

Banned

Well I don't really know. the 100 dollar bill is the most common counterfeited bill around and that is what dropped from the rafters when Trump and DiBiase had the money rain, so I'm kind of skeptical when it comes to all of that.

Terrible move on the part of the WWE,Sandow works best as a heel.I also don't think he's a main event player,and the WWE has done and great job over the past three months on getting that point across.If they turn Sandow face and push him its not going to turn out well at all.It will be another failed turn for a once good heel i.e Miz,Ziggler and Del Rio which all fell flat as faces.

What they should due is push Sandow in the tag team division and team him up with another heel.Someone like Cesaro,Ryback or probably the best fit off all Aiden English from NXT.Their needs to be another top tier heel tag team besides The Shield and a team to take their place once they split.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    But positive traits like diversity and intellect have always been taken as negative by the wrestling audience, I just don't see it working with the average wrestling fan.
    Mr Perfect worked as a Face, as long as you hate the Heel more

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I think he could make it work. He was funny, witty, and pretty sharp when I met him at Axxess. I wouldn't count him out with working as a face.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I don't think it will work, but I would love to be proven wrong.

I will give it a chance and see how it works out.

With that said, I was hoping for a Sandow(heel) vs. Rhodes(face) WHC Match in the future and it doesn't look like that will happen now.

surrender

I'm all for whatever gets the guy a push. I really enjoy Sandow's gimmick and he is one of my favorite mic guys right now. Hopefully if he turns face he adds some better moves to his repertoire. The Elbow of Disdain and Terminus are fine moves but that is really all he has because the rest is pretty generic heel offense.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

The guy could make it work because he's smart and charismatic enough but I really don't like the move. I love his current gimmick and he's so perfect as a heel. I'm also curious what WWE plans to do as far as heels in the WHC picture go since other than Alberto Del Asshole they're pretty much bone dry right now.

I'm hoping this is another one of those rumors that isn't true. The last time WWE turned a heel I liked face and kept him that way we got the joy that has been face Miz.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Thread Information