View Poll Results: Who will leave Hell in a Cell as World Heavyweight Champion?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Cena

31 53.45%
  • Alberto Del Rio ()

7 12.07%
  • Damien Sandow

20 34.48%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Champ is Near!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Thumbs up The Champ is Near!

So, as we heard on Raw... John Cena will be challenging Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at Hell in a Cell.

First of all, I think it's obvious that WWE over exaggerated the injury. But I'm kind of glad they did, as the announcement last night was a great surprise.

I think involving him with the WHC rather than the WWE Title is a great move. I'm hoping that it will allow him to work with some younger guys while raising the WHC's prestige, and allowing Bryan to continue to do his thing in the WWE Championship scene.

What are your thoughts on Cena's return and upcoming World Championship challenge?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: The Champ is Near!

As you very well know Champ, I'm not the biggest John Cena fan on PW however I'm perfectly fine with Cena returning to the WWE early to challenge Alberto Del Rio for the world heavyweight championship... mostly because I think he'll beat Del Rio for the title at Hell In A Cell only to lose the world heavyweight championship moments later as Damien Sandow cashes in MITB and walks away world heavyweight champion.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I am so fucking happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    As you very well know Champ, I'm not the biggest John Cena fan on PW however I'm perfectly fine with Cena returning to the WWE early to challenge Alberto Del Rio for the world heavyweight championship... mostly because I think he'll beat Del Rio for the title at Hell In A Cell only to lose the world heavyweight championship moments later as Damien Sandow cashes in MITB and walks away world heavyweight champion.
    Or Sandow cashes in and Cena beats him, making the internet explode.

I am still surprised that they are having him return in a World Heavyweight title match, but I like it. It's a good change.

surrender

If Cena is actually in the match, I can see him winning it and then losing it to Sandow on a cash in, there is no point in then speculating as much as they are about it currently for them not wanting to have a cash in in the near future.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Or Sandow cashes in and Cena beats him, making the internet explode.

I am still surprised that they are having him return in a World Heavyweight title match, but I like it. It's a good change.
    Well I am due for one of my super crazy over the top anti John Cena posts so it's always possible I guess.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I think ADR will shock everybody and leave HIAC still as WHC. I don't think Cena will win it until Survivor Series.

surrender

Based on Smackdown I will go with ADR retaining somehow but Sandow cashing in.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I was starting to enjoy a little time off from Cena. Oh well.

I not sure who's gonna be walking out with gold, I'm inclined to think Sandow.

As long as it isn't Del Rio, I'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I mentioned this in another forum, but I'm gonna echo it here.

Cena will win the title, no question about it. But he's not coming back early because he's ready for the load. They're bringing Cena back early primarily because of charity. They need THE FACE of the company to come on TV, and shill for their breast cancer month.

As soon as the month is over, he'll lose it likely to Sandow.

I've never seen a company so scared of losing their top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I mentioned this in another forum, but I'm gonna echo it here.

Cena will win the title, no question about it. But he's not coming back early because he's ready for the load. They're bringing Cena back early primarily because of charity. They need THE FACE of the company to come on TV, and shill for their breast cancer month.

As soon as the month is over, he'll lose it likely to Sandow.
    Dude, he's coming back on the 27th... four days before the end of the month.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

Beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

But he could be back sooner for promos and shit.

We'll see, but usually when they bring a person back from an injury hiatus in this manner, they wait until the actual PPV to have him appear.

See: Punk this year, Cena in (late) 2008.

Bender

Cena will win since he needs another inflated title win to the resume but Sandow captures the title before Cena defeats him to end Sandow's 2 month title reign.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    But he could be back sooner for promos and shit.
    Yeah, but people won't pay for that. All those kids who want to see their hero will be begging their parents to order the show.

He's already shilling the breast cancer awareness in commercial spots and they'll probably have him make appearances too. They don't need him to talk about Berto's rental cars on Raw to do that.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

The way I see it going down is Cena beats Del Rio but Sandow cashes in on Cena and wins. At Survivor Series the three have a triple threat where Cena hits a finisher on Del Rio but before he can pin him Sandow, who had cowardly avoided Cena and Del Rio by playing possum outside the ring, tosses Cena out and pins Del Rio to retain the title. This leads into a Cena vs. Sandow match at TLC where Sandow would hopefully win thanks to some dirty trick.

After this Sandow can go off and feud with Cody Rhodes or somebody else (Ziggler? Sheamus? Mark Henry?) and put off facing Rhodes until WrestleMania where Rhodes can win the title off Sandow. Cena meanwhile can enter the Royal Rumble and move into either a match against the Undertaker or a rematch against Bryan at WrestleMania (possibly involving Punk as well).

Sandow gets to go over as a cowardly heel champion, Cena helps raise the WHC prestige by getting involved in a feud over it, and it gives Cena something to do away from the Authority/Daniel Bryan angle. Everybody wins! Of course i'm probably wrong and Cena is going to beat Del Rio, lose the title on a cash in to Sandow, get it back from Sandow, and beat Bryan at WrestleMania to unify the WWE/WHC belts because fuck.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

I was genuinely enjoying a WWE product without Cena and his return is too soon for me.

As others have said, it's great that he'll be in the WHC scene, there's not one negative I can conceive.

WHC looks prestigious for the first time in years
    Guys in the scene get the benefit of working with the companies top guy
    He stays the fuck away from the Bryan story.

Win-win-win

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Send me a list of your top 25 seasons of television, 5 days to go

I was surprised to hear that he was coming back already and immediately getting a WHC match but hey it couldn't hurt to have Cena hold that belt and give it more credibility right? Maybe he wins the belt, eventually losing to Sandow to make him seem like a viable champ, holding it until Sheamus comes back and they re-ignite their rivalry for the belt?

I think it's a swerve. Highly doubt they'd just let Vickie Guererro casually toss him into a whc match, without any build up of suspense for the announcement.

Either his injury wasn't as bad as we were led to believe or he is being rushed back due to them needing to pump up their slumping numbers. I'd love to know which doctor cleared him to return to the ring so early. If he isn't fully healed then this is a disaster in the making.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Either his injury wasn't as bad as we were led to believe or he is being rushed back due to them needing to pump up their slumping numbers. I'd love to know which doctor cleared him to return to the ring so early. If he isn't fully healed then this is a disaster in the making.
    He might be allowed to compete, but he shouldn't be allowed as quickly as that. I'm positive it's going to take like 3-4 months again before he injuries himself again. That is if he actually competes regularly in matches on TV as well, not just PPV.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

They announced Punk's return at Payback in a very similar fashion, and everyone was calling that a swerve, and it turned out to be nothing of the sort. These guys are just too tough for their own good.

Thread Information