Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Swiss Superman!

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Default The Swiss Superman!

One of my top reasons for even watching Raw over the past year or so has been seeing Antonio Cesaro in action.

The man is a beast who is capable of both putting on impossible feats of strength and putting on 5 star quality matches.

I've was sad with how he was depushed from the U.S. title picture and sent into jobber town and then thrown into a tag team with a lifetime mid carder named Jack Thwagger.

But there were glimpses of hope in the last few months, Cesaro just being his awesome self has put on several highlight reel moments during his brief tv time and some great matches.

His match with Kofi on Superstars was one of the best matches on TV this year and his Match with Bryan during the guantlet match on Raw was one of the matches of the year period.

Then it finally happened, Cesaro was able to use his amazing Giant Swing, a signature move of his in the independent circut, that many fans have been waiting for him to use on TV, one that shows that he is one of the strongest men the company has ever seen.

After seeing him use the swing on guys like Brodus and Kahli, I have to believe that the WWE has finally taken notice of this guy's awesome potential and are thinking about pushing him.

Just imagine if they give him a Swiss Superman gimmick, one where he uses his power more and just demolishes opponets left and right as a babyface character.

The WWE could be sitting on a gold mine with this guy, if they turned him into a wrecking ball type character sorta like they tried to do with Ryback last year.

The difference between Cesaro and Ryback or any other typical power character is what I mentioned earlier, Cesaro's ability to put on classic matches, this makes him unlike almost any powerhouse that the WWE has ever had and make him special.

I think this is the way to go and potentially the future of the WWE if done right.

Btw just imagine how the fans would explode if as a babyface Cesaro used his UFO move!

I'm all for this type of push, and think it would be a great change of pace for this company.

Anyone with me?
    Last edited by BadNewsFan; 10-07-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Default Re: The Swedish Superman!

He's Swiss tho.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    He's Swiss tho.
    Vince probably thinks its all the same. I don't doubt Vince probably instilling it to Russo that Luchalibre wrestling is from Japan

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Well...he's actually Swiss...

I personally don't find him very interesting anyway. His spin is cool for now, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually. Other than that, he just looks like a scrawny old man. He's had some good matches on NXT, but I really couldn't imagine him as a WWE main eventer.

Default Re: The Swiss Superman!

I'm all for pushing the guy. I've been a huge fan of his since back in the days of PWG and ROH. The thing is, the guy hasn't even dusted off half of what he's capable of in the ring. If he's this fun now I can't wait to see what he would bust out if he got a bigger push and more time to work a match. And for the love of god, get him away from Swagger. Swagger is a black hole, don't let Antonio get sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron? View Post
    Well...he's actually Swiss...

I personally don't find him very interesting anyway. His spin is cool for now, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually. Other than that, he just looks like a scrawny old man. He's had some good matches on NXT, but I really couldn't imagine him as a WWE main eventer.
    Yes how scrawny and old looking.

He's basically a dead ringer from Jason Statham...apparent scrawny action star. How dare you, sir.

He has legs like breadsticks!

Sexy breadsticks.

He can't help his genetics. The top half makes up for the bottom half. He makes it work. Cut the guy a break, DAMN YOU.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron? View Post
    He has legs like breadsticks!
    Really, his legs?

The dude is freakin ripped on like 90 percent of his body and you're complaining about his legs?

Not to mention that two of the top current guys are Punk and Daniel Bryan, neither of which are ever gonna be mistaken for body builders, and that's being nice.

If you don't see anything in him right now, look him up, this guy is unbelievable and is tailor made for being an exciting babyface.

He's got eye popping moves and could possibly be one of the best ever.

This guy is the total package.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

He is the total package except for maybe talking...talking is sometimes brutal. However he did do pretty well with his whole "love" of America angle. and yeah, Daniel Bryan looks like he should be pushing carts at Target and he's the hottest act in the company, so I don't think Antonio's bread stick legs are going to hurt his chances.

Well, I still think I'd rather see him as a tag team wrestler for now, preferably winning the tag titles. Look, I'm all in for Cesaro but I frankly don't think he's going to be the main event of a WWE show consistently, but so what? That's not bad. Being in the upper midcard is not a bad thing, I mean a lot of great wrestlers never really had the chance to main event a lot of PPVs and events, but people still loved and cared for them. So why should it be any different?

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I'm fine with him being in a tag team as well but being in a duo with Swagger isn't raising his stock any.

I was becoming a fan of his, slowly and after hearing the hype that he may do the giant swing on Khali, I was ready to see what was coming next.

He pulled it off.

He is now a GOD in my books.

Fucking ridiculous strength and talent.

I'm a lazy bitch right now so I don't want to hunt for it on youtube but Antonio did a 100 rotation big swing on a guy in Chikara. It was quite impressive.

Since when did the swing become his finisher? He's used it before, but never as a finisher. Why was it different for Khali? If anything, with Khali being such a big man, if others (smaller men) before him didn't get pinned by it, then why should have Khali?

I could watch three-hour Raw's of AC just swinging with people.

Wrestlers that is.

The wrestling move.

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    I'm a lazy bitch right now so I don't want to hunt for it on youtube but Antonio did a 100 rotation big swing on a guy in Chikara. It was quite impressive.
    As impressive as that was... gotta keep in mind that fans don't know how to count. I swear they're at "3" by time he finishes a single rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    Since when did the swing become his finisher? He's used it before, but never as a finisher. Why was it different for Khali? If anything, with Khali being such a big man, if others (smaller men) before him didn't get pinned by it, then why should have Khali?
    Logically, Khali was trapped under his own weight and Cesaros after being spun around a bunch of times. That is a hard pin fall to get out of especially if you're the size of Khali and as agile, or lack thereof, as Khali.

I'm fine with him being in a tag team as well but being in a duo with Swagger isn't raising his stock any.
    That doesn't seem to be the case with how their team got booked recently. And the chemistry in that team is great, and their gimmick is funny as well.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Moreoff than on

Ness is correct...it was more like 83, but still...

As impressive as the big/giant swing is...the UFO (unidentified flying opponent) is more impressive, imo. Pound for pound, most likely the strongest guy in WWE.

This is with the tag team partner he needs to be with.

I love Antonio Cesaro, so more of him being successful on TV is something that I would absolutely support. <3
    ★ THE BOSS: BANK ON IT ★

Totally pulling the hipster card here.

I've been saying he should be a babyface since the ROH/CZW feud ended.

I just want the guy in the main event scene. He has the look, size, and wrestling ability to be either a top babyface or heel. I'd love to see him main eventing PPVs for world championships against guys like Cena, Punk, and Bryan.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I find it odd that he hasn't been pushed to the moon by now. He's stronger than anyone in the company and on top of that he's an amazing wrestler. What's Vince not see?

Quote Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
    I find it odd that he hasn't been pushed to the moon by now. He's stronger than anyone in the company and on top of that he's an amazing wrestler. What's Vince not see?
    He's a foreigner and WWE only knows how to book foreign born guys one way.

edit: Unless they're Canadian.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Thread Information