Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: New Match Just Announced For Battleground

Default BREAKING: New Match Just Announced For Battleground

WWE announced that Santino Marella and The Great Khali will take on The Real Americans, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro, in a tag team match at tonight’s Battleground pay-per-view event.

WWE teases, “Will the Real Americans finally be able to break The Italian Stallion, or will Santino’s unorthodox style —and Khali’s brute strength — overwhelm Zeb Colter’s patriotic pair?”

http://www.prowrestling.com/tag-team...ttleground-ppv

Default Re: BREAKING: New Match Just Announced For Battleground

OK, let me get this straight. The Great Khali, Santino Marella, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Curtis Axel, and Brie Bella are all on this PPV - meaning that WWE thinks they are worth PAYING to see. There is also a rumor of a possible Fandango dance-off. Am I the only one who thinks this is the ultimate filler PPV?

Horrible card. I am so fucking glad I didn't get tickets to go. Yet Ziggler gets the YouTube match.
    - Credit to JV.
    THE KWF

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

RIP WARRIOR

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Yeah, this card is pretty freaking bad.

Even one of the main matches (CM Punk vs. Ryback) is one I have zero interest in.

Bryan vs. Orton, RVD vs. Del Rio, and the Rhodes vs. the Shield aren't a bad trifecta of upper card matches, but almost everything else is Raw caliber stuff, and I'm talking a bad Raw.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Only interesting match is Rhodes vs Shield. We've seen the other two 100 times. Only curious feeling I have is how they further DB, but I don't know. I'm not excited for this card one bit.
    - Credit to JV.
    THE KWF

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

RIP WARRIOR

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

I expect RVD vs. ADR to be good, given the Hardcore stip, and Bryan matches are always good.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

This wasn't breaking news at all.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Yeah, this card is pretty freaking bad.

Even one of the main matches (CM Punk vs. Ryback) is one I have zero interest in.

Bryan vs. Orton, RVD vs. Del Rio, and the Rhodes vs. the Shield aren't a bad trifecta of upper card matches, but almost everything else is Raw caliber stuff, and I'm talking a bad Raw.
    Totally agree. Glad I'm not buying this PPV.

So no Miz, no Ziggler, no Kaitlyn or even Naomi on this 3 hour PPV? No thanks.

WWE are nuts to charge people full price for this card. I love Real Americans but they will lose to the thrown up team of Santino and Khali.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Yeah...I could do without this match, and Axel/Truth, and Bray/Kofi.

surrender

Does RVD even know how to work a hardcore match without chairs to the face?

One of the worst, most thrown-together cards they've put together. The only match I have deep interest in is Shield/Rhodeses and a passing interest in Orton/Bryan, as I know that will have a bullshit outcome either way you look at it. Either Orton wins due to shenanigans or Bryan wins and he gets screwed over within 24 hours.

Only way this will do any good is if Cesaro leaves Real Americans after they lose.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

RVD and ADR will put on a cool match and Rhodes vs Shield has been built awesomely. Punk and Ryback could be mediocre or a pleasant surprise

Everything else? MEHH!!! Even Bryan vs Orton is so fucking dead in the water now. All you guys who told me to give the storyline a chance need to suck my big toe covered in marmite at this point, it's freaking bad

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

This is shaping up to be the worst PPV of 2013. I honestly think it's just because they want 12 PPV's a year and end up having two in one month, though. They're probably holding out on better stuff they have planned for Hell in a Cell.

Only interested in Rhodes vs. Shield. No matter what, I cannot get excited for RVD vs. ADR because, well...ADR. Bryan vs. Orton is something we've seen ten million times by now, and the rest of the card is just boring matches with boring people. I like the Punk-Heyman feud, more so than a lot of people currently, but I doubt the match nor the finish will be any good. I love Ryback, but not because of his in-ring ability. Also, I love Bray Wyatt, but I don't understand what they're doing with him. Just a random match with Kofi? Boring.

That match should be the pre show and Ziggler/Sandow should be on the PPV instead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    OK, let me get this straight. The Great Khali, Santino Marella, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Curtis Axel, and Brie Bella are all on this PPV - meaning that WWE thinks they are worth PAYING to see. There is also a rumor of a possible Fandango dance-off. Am I the only one who thinks this is the ultimate filler PPV?
    Exactly, a lot of useless talents such as Khali, Truth, Axel and ofcoure Bella Twins. I would not even waste bandwith on a free stream let alone pay for the PPV.

Heh, that's going to put butts in seats.

But seriously, go team Kahrella!
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I'm just glad this is on Sky Sports...no way would I actually have paid for it. Seriously the worst card I've seen in years.

Real Americans vs Santino/Khali is real Superstars material.

The King of Kickass The Third Man's Avatar

This match even sounds bad for a Raw or Smackdown. But on a ppv? What a joke.

But Sandow vs. Ziggler is put in the youtube opener? Why not just give Ambrose a match against a babyface? Help give a push while having Ambrose get PPV time. the babyface doesn't have to win, but it'll be better than the shit they're trying to feed us for tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if a Big Show/ Triple H segment happens in the ring in-between a match too.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    But Sandow vs. Ziggler is put in the youtube opener?
    What do you think is more likely to get people to buy the PPV, this shitty match, or a good match between Sandow and Ziggler?

Khali on PPV? And The Real Americans probably jobbing again?

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

WWE, I'm glad you are getting the crap out of the way so that the HIAC Card will be much better. I'll be there in three weeks so make it good. Hahaha. But, yeah a crappy filler card. This screams out as a Raw show, not as a PPV. Fandango in a dance-off? Please! Stop the madness. Stupid tag match that nobody wants to see. I feel badly about the fact that Cesaro has to be grouped together in this dumb, meaningless match. R-Truth-Axel has sucked the past few weeks and will suck again tonight. They have bad chemistry IMO. Wyatt-Kingston will be a fun match, but nothing that special. Bella-AJ will be okay. I don't think Brie is a good worker in the ring.

I could also careless about Rio/RVD. Bad chemistry there as well IMO. Punk-Ryback will be a fun match, but I just want Punk out of this feud and onto the title picture. Shield-Rhodes match will be good and is the match I'm most looking forward to. Bryan-Orton will be decent, but it'll be filled with BS just like NOC.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    This is what happens when most of the top talents are injured or written off TV.

Imo, this is how a regular PPV SHOULD be. The midcard talents should get some face time, but the main event match should be what sells the PPV. Imo the only time that a PPV should feature mostly main eventers is the Big Four.

Thread Information