Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Main Event Scene. Oh yay. SPOILERS

Default The upcoming Main Event Scene. Oh yay. SPOILERS

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

WWE Hell in a Cell is expected to feature the blow off of the current Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan feud, with their final match to take place at the pay-per-vie later this month.

Regardless of the Orton/Bryan outcome, current creative plans reportedly call for The Big Show to be reinserted into the main event picture in a feud with Randy Orton sometime in November or December as we noted earlier here on the website.

So happy they are pushing the new generation of guys finally into the main event. This tells me that Orton will probably remain champion while Bryan gets pushed to the back burner possibly? Giving us Orton/Show until Cena comes back

You only have an entire card of potential ME players that you can start building. So they choose to Push Show (Who's been irrelevant forever it seems).

It seems as though the current regime is only interested in pushing their buddies and/or handpicked talents and/or groupies:

1. Sheamus (triple H's workout buddy
    2. Show (A known Triple H ass kisser)
    3. Del Rio (the handpicked Mcmahon savior that hasn't met expectations)
    4. Orton (Triple H's buddy)

... There are other guys around you know. It doesn't HAVE to be the big show.

You have a whole HOST of guys around that potentially can get injected into or at least get groomed to perhaps be thrown into the ME scene. (Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes, etc).

If you aren't one of their favorites or handpicked talents, look at how over you have to get to get any ME time (Punk, Bryan)
    Last edited by Moses; 10-05-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: The upcoming Main Event Scene. Oh yay. SPOILERS

I'm sure Cody will continue his push as well.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Um..........what?

I think Bryan will win at Hell in the Cell.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Except for DEL RIO!!!!!! That main event scene looks very boring to me.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazzler View Post
    Um..........what?

I think Bryan will win at Hell in the Cell.

Im not entirely sure. Management could have all the ammo they need to STOP Bryan's ME push (Im sure they will anyways when Cena returns in January) with the ratings dropping. Fault could fall him. I wouldn't be surprised if they change gears and go Show/Orton until Cena returns

You say that as if management has something against Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    You say that as if management has something against Bryan.

Bryan has to continue to be mega-over and draw Ratings points I think to stay in the position he is at. If Ratings continue to drop the blame could all go on him and give them a reason to de-push him to upper mid-card. They could definitely have something against Bryan

If the ratings continue to stagnate or drop, you think the blame will fall on management (HHH-Stephanie?)

Yeah, I figured Orton would come out of the Bryan feud as WWE Champion.

From here, Orton can feud with Big Show or CM Punk (he HAS to get involved at some point, right? He's the #1 most rebellious character there, after all, too perfect of a fit for this angle) or Cena when Cena returns. Meanwhile, Bryan can kind of fall into Austin's role from late '98. Back then, even after Austin was screwed out of the title from Breakdown 1998-Survivor Series 1998, Vince was trying to keep Austin from getting another shot by booking him in a Buried Alive match against Undertaker at Rock Bottom '98 with the stipulation being that if he lost, he couldn't even qualify to enter the Royal Rumble. And Vince was doing this while simultaneously trying to keep the belt around The Rock's waist and off of Mankind. Same thing here, with HHH/Steph trying to keep Orton champion against non-Bryan opponents while still trying to hold Bryan down and back as much as possible.

So I wouldn't say Bryan was being thrown on the back burner here per se. This is still all gonna lead to Bryan defeating HHH and eventually winning the WWE Title back and getting an actual reign with it, possibly both at the same time. Ratings always dip at this time of the year due to Monday Night Football, so they surely wouldn't put the blame for that on Bryan.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Has Big Show not earned this push with his performances these past few weeks?

I hate the "It always has to be a young guy" viewpoint. It's so narrow minded. If a veteran is performing well, give the veteran a shot.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Has Big Show not earned this push with his performances these past few weeks?

I hate the "It always has to be a young guy" viewpoint. It's so narrow minded. If a veteran is performing well, give the veteran a shot.
    Agreed, but I rather see a heel Show VS Bryan until Royal Rumble or a mix of Bryan VS Orton VS Show in a triple threat. Taking Bryan out of the picture is not best for business.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't they already do an Orton/Big Show feud not that long ago? And didn't they sort of do it to death as well?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I will pop like the fucking Bryan mark that I am if he goes over in Miami and legitimately wins the championship. I'll be there live and I paid good money for my tickets so book it, alright Vince? Glad we got that outta' the way.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't they already do an Orton/Big Show feud not that long ago? And didn't they sort of do it to death as well?
    It was face Orton vs. heel Show, and it only lasted one PPV.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

We all knew how this story would end the moment it started.

I hope Daniel Bryan wins the title from orton. I'm ok with orton/Show but not as the championship feud. I mean does anybody really want that as a main event? I don't even want big show on the main event of Smackdown. I do kind of like the gag though of Big Show being the world's biggest cry baby. It seems like they do this gag with Show every couple years where they just turn him into a blubbering mess of tears.

I'd prefer to see Big Show continue his fight with the Shield and eventually just do a blow off match with HHH. If there isn't a match between these two or Big Show doesn't turn heel and join up with HHH, this is kind of a go nowhere feud. Orton can battle Cody and DB can have a title feud with...uhhh, shit I'm blanking. Maybe a baby face feud with punk?
    Last edited by vendrell; 10-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Bryan being out of the title picture for a month or so doesn't mean that he'd be out of the title picture forever.

They could have Orton vs. Show at Survivor Series, alongside Team Bryan vs. Team Triple H.

Bender

Hopefully its leading to Show/Bryan then. For them to tease so many DB title runs and then never actually give him a real reign this whole storyline would be pointless. I'm hoping Show turns heel for the 4,534th time.

I'd also like to see a DB/Punk fued for the title as well sometime in the future.

Bryan being out of the title picture for a month or so doesn't mean that he'd be out of the title picture forever.

They could have Orton vs. Show at Survivor Series, alongside Team Bryan vs. Team Triple H.
    I think it's more likely they would have Orton and Big Show be apart of the survivor series tag match. Have Team Bryan be Daniel, Big Show, Cody, Jay and Jimmy vs. Randy, The Shield, and Big E Langston.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
    Hopefully its leading to Show/Bryan then. For them to tease so many DB title runs and then never actually give him a real reign this whole storyline would be pointless. I'm hoping Show turns heel for the 4,534th time.

I'd also like to see a DB/Punk fued for the title as well sometime in the future.
    Wishful thinking here but I would save Punk/Bryan for Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    I think it's more likely they would have Orton and Big Show be apart of the survivor series tag match. Have Team Bryan be Daniel, Big Show, Cody, Jay and Jimmy vs. Randy, The Shield, and Big E Langston.
    The problem then becomes potentially having it be a one match card.

They'd have to have a big star challenge for the WHC to make up for it.

Bender

I don't see how anybody can say del rio doesn't deserve to be in the main event scene. He's one if the best heels in wwe right now, period. He consistently puts on great matches every week and gets as much heel heat as HHH does.

Ah Screw it

not suprised. i fully expected this to just be testing the waters for bryan has champion/main event.

if they decide to fully push him it will be a rumble win and a title match at mania. we'll see....
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Del Rio does nothing for me at all.

The problem then becomes potentially having it be a one match card.

They'd have to have a big star challenge for the WHC to make up for it.
    You've still got CM Punk in the mix. They can throw him in there with somebody. Have Del Boring face Cody Rhodes maybe.

I think Show/Orton will be punishment for Orton after he fails to get rid of Bryan, while someone else gets a chance to take the title from Bryan..possibly The Wyatt Family with the Kane connection to both Wyatt & Bryan.

Thread Information