Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RAW draws LOWEST viewership of the year

Default RAW draws LOWEST viewership of the year

Last night's 9/30 WWE RAW, which drew a 2.68 (2.7) cable rating, with 3.59 million viewers, ended up as the lowest amount of viewers for the show so far in 2013. It was also the lowest amount of viewers for RAW since last December.

Despite the drop in viewers, it was not the lowest overall cable rating for the show in 2013. That came back on 6/3 when the show drew a 2.65.

ewrestlingnews.com

Sorry I hate to say it but the proof is in the pudding people. People don't want to be watching HHH/Stephanie 100 Segments Raw every week. As the numbers show its already driving people away. Its OVERKILL

Default Re: RAW draws LOWEST viewership of the year

I must of miscounted because I am sure it wasnt 100 segments...

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

This is clearly the fault of the talent that I do not like who is being featured prominently and WWE should change it.

You had football, AND a baseball tiebreaker. Of course the rating would be lower than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    triple h was in one segment.. he just added a couple zeros..

I like my shows to have less social interaction...

Banned

Good! It was terrible. Only saving grace was the Shield. Even the Bryan/Orton feud is being ruined due to the Bellas

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Sorry I hate to say it but the proof is in the pudding people. People don't want to be watching HHH/Stephanie 100 Segments Raw every week. As the numbers show its already driving people away. Its OVERKILL
    The funny thing is that the Rhodes/McMahons segment was the best part of the show.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Last night's 9/30 WWE RAW, which drew a 2.68 (2.7) cable rating, with 3.59 million viewers, ended up as the lowest amount of viewers for the show so far in 2013. It was also the lowest amount of viewers for RAW since last December.

Despite the drop in viewers, it was not the lowest overall cable rating for the show in 2013. That came back on 6/3 when the show drew a 2.65.

ewrestlingnews.com

if you want to throw out conspiracy theories guess who had the most segments last night? Guess who kicked off the show and got viewers to tune out? I'll give you a hint it was the same person who drew terrible ratings as champion for pretty much the entire year he had it..

In all seriousness though, you can't blame ratings on anybody.. The show overall wasn't that great, and it's got a lot of competiton on tv this time of the year..

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    You had football, AND a baseball tiebreaker. Of course the rating would be lower than usual.
    This.

And yeah. Triple H was only in one segment.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'll be honest, I changed the channel in Ryback, Curtis Axel, Big Show, and Del Rio segments and matches. But that's just one view.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Exactly. With Monday Night Football and the baseball playoffs starting, you really have to lower expectations with ratings this time of year. I'm way too lazy to research it, but if i had to purely guess, I would think every years "lowest rated show of the year" would all have to be around this time of year.

On a side note, does anyone know if they factor DVR tapings into the ratings, or is it just people watching at the time the show is on?

I quit watching after Cena got hurt...I'm not watching some bearded midget...a dancing fool...and a parade of mid carders billed as main eventers when I can watch football.

The faces do need some improvement... It's a shame because not to long ago the wwe had a bunch of strong faces and like no formidable heels to go against them.. Now that's cena's gone and orton turned heel it's like they have done a 180 and there was never an in between.

Eh. Knowing how Vince is prone to panic attacks, the best-case scenario is that it gets Los Matadores off TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post

You're forgetting to do IWC calculus, Kara. Have you been sleeping during Professor Steiner's class?

Figures will be low on a go-home show for such a shit ppv. Seriously, the Rhodes/Shield match is the only match I'll be giving a shit about and i'm only watching as it's free in the u.k.

Cena is out. It takes time to build the star power to replace him. It's a very sensitive period in which WWE can't afford to panic, and I don't think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels View Post
    I quit watching after Cena got hurt...I'm not watching some bearded midget...a dancing fool...and a parade of mid carders billed as main eventers when I can watch football.

Thanks for coming just to post that. Hilarious. This bit never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post

Thanks for coming just to post that. Hilarious. This bit never gets old.
    It's true...I mean who's the champ del rio?...that guy couldn't hold Roddy Pipers jock..and Piper was never champ...because of so much talent in the day.I'd rather watch reruns of 'days of our lives'..than this garbage.
    That or Bret Hart cut a promo...at least I'd be asleep in a few minutes.

Not bad considering the top guy is out with an injury and it is football season. I will give you guys those two excuses. But the baseball bit is pushing it. The playoffs are getting lower rating in recent years because of the decline of the Yankees. No one is watching the playoffs if the Yankees aren't in it. I'm just speaking business here. I don't even watch my own favorite team unless they are playing the yankees. It's similar to wresting. The only time smarks REALLY give a damn about their favorites is when they are feuding with Cena. He is the Yankees. If he stays out until the Rumble at the least, his return is going to be anticipated as hell.

Shit, you guys were right. He needed a break from you guys, and you guys needed a break from him. It's gonna make things pretty awesome when he comes back. Unfortunately, I won't be watching until he's back. Today's guys are good, it's my fault since I am starting to outgrow wrestling and Cena is really the last star that was made before my adulthood. Sometimes I love him, sometimes I hate him, but there is an attachment there.

The 2.6 shows how Raw has stood the test of time though. 2.6 is not bad at all, yet we are in panic mode about it. There are TONS of shows that would love to get that.

So did I.

It's true...I mean who's the champ del rio?...that guy couldn't hold Roddy Pipers jock..and Piper was never champ...because of so much talent in the day.I'd rather watch reruns of 'days of our lives'..than this garbage.
    That or Bret Hart cut a promo...at least I'd be asleep in a few minutes.
    So go, then. You don't care. You're also old and stuck in the past.

So go.

One bad number (with other factors tied in) and some are disputing it's the fault of one storyline which has probably been the best part of the show for several weeks?

Yeah, right.

It's also worth noting that Raw did a 2.54 rating for the corresponding week last year.

I think, considering Cena is out, and the only other notable full-time star power not being involved in the main angle, they're doing quite well.

And again, it's a slow process. It's not as simple as grabbing hold of the casuals and saying 'hey guys, look at Bryan and Cody, they're awesome'. It's a very difficult process made even more difficult by their reliance on Cena over the last ten years.

They're doing a good job right now. Anyone thinking that ratings would hold up in October against MNF and other factors, all while Cena isn't even there, is naive. Over the next couple of months, ratings aren't really all that relevant. This is almost a rebuilding process.

Thread Information