Thread: Wouldn't It Be Funny...

Default Wouldn't It Be Funny...

We are all saying that the current HHH storyline (in real life) is designed to get Daniel Bryan (among other superstars) more over with the fans. But wouldn't it be funny if, at the end of the storyline itself, HHH (the on-screen character) reveals that this was his plan all along? It's looking more and more like that to me. I mean, he refused to hand Randy Orton the title back (making him earn it in a rematch), and now he just put the Shield in a big disadvantage in their match on RAW. He's hardly seeming like an evil villain boss at this point. I wonder what his hidden agenda is in the storyline. Maybe it really is to put Daniel Bryan over, which will be revealed at the end.

Default Re: Wouldn't It Be Funny...

No.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

That would be terrible and would ruin the angle.

I don't need Triple H to admit that on screen to know that it's the case. It's pretty obvious.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    That would be terrible and would ruin the angle.

I don't need Triple H to admit that on screen to know that it's the case. It's pretty obvious.
    Exactly this. Although big surprise someone would say this entire angle is somehow a big ploy for HHH to put himself over in the end. I can definitely understand where all the hate is coming from, but at the same time, I think he is proving that in real life "boss HHH" is much different than "wrestler HHH" used to be.

What if, after Bryan defeats HHH for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, HHH comes out on RAW the following night, head lowered and humbled, and as he turns face again, HHH says: "I did it all for you, Bryan." And then he points to the erupting crowd, which is somehow even hotter for Bryan than they are now. NOBODY likes this scenario???

It would make no sense whatsoever from a story perspective, especially if Bryan wins over trips then it would just mean he doesn't want to act like he lost. Honestly, this whole new mixing reality and kayfabe is starting to affect people, because they see real triple h as on screen triple h. And even more.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    What if, after Bryan defeats HHH for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, HHH comes out on RAW the following night, head lowered and humbled, and as he turns face again, HHH says: "I did it all for you, Bryan." And then he points to the erupting crowd, which is somehow even hotter for Bryan than they are now. NOBODY likes this scenario???
    Nope.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The SHIELD was put in the match as punishment for letting the faces get the advantage over them despite the fact that they had been hugely dominant since coming in. It had nothing to do with using them to get the faces over more.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I would have agreed with the OP earlier when the angle started. A part of me truly that HHH was mocking the corporated structure of the business by endorsing Randy Orton, and how Daniel Bryan is not right for business, etc.. I thought it was a brilliant way of HHH showing the old guard in the business that this is where the business headed, populated with guys like Bryan.

This is a pretty realistic angle though, because I am of the mindset of guys who think Punk and Bryan are talented but will never set the world on fire. HHH's character feels the same way. So does Stephanie and Vince as far as on screen personas are concerned. It's like the New Generation. Bret and Shawn were both extremely talented performers that those who were already wrestling fans could appreciate. But they were never going to be a Hogan, Savage, Andre, Warrior type. With guys like Bret, Shawn, Punk, and Bryan, the business becomes even more niche (and less mainstream) than it already is. It's hard to explain.

Banned

Are you suggesting a two man power trip with Daniel Bryan and Triple H? It would make a fun feud with them against Cena and Punk.

This is why not everyone should be allowed to make threads.

guys wouldn't it be funny if we found out triple h was actually d bryan's greatest enemy, a motherfucking BEAR, all along?

I can kinda see what 'bleib is getting at, though. Triple H set all these challenges up so that Bryan could prove to be a worthy face of the company. Sorta like Willy Wonka disqualifying Charlie for stealing Fizzy Lifting Drink and bumping into the ceiling (which now has to be washed), except that it was all a test to see if Charlie was right to take over the company from him. So, rather than Triple H actually being an egotistical dick, he just played the part to give Bryan a chance to prove he was the next big thing.

With that said, my response to the idea is still: NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    I can kinda see what 'bleib is getting at, though. Triple H set all these challenges up so that Bryan could prove to be a worthy face of the company. Sorta like Willy Wonka disqualifying Charlie for stealing Fizzy Lifting Drink and bumping into the ceiling (which now has to be washed), except that it was all a test to see if Charlie was right to take over the company from him. So, rather than Triple H actually being an egotistical dick, he just played the part to give Bryan a chance to prove he was the next big thing.
    So how does that explain the bullying of Big Show and the Rhodes family?

HAYZE

they're freaks

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Banned

I think it will be funnier if he strips ADR from the WHC and names himself undisputed champion

Big Show had gone soft again, and ... McMahons and Rhodeses just don't get along? I don't know! I was trying to help 'bleib not get totally destroyed in this thread before I rejected his idea.

Also, how often do I get to pull a Willy Wonka reference out on this forum? Do you know how hard it is to relate professional wrestling to Willy Effing Wonka?

...NO!

Support the real Mr. Ass.

The King of Kickass The Third Man's Avatar

Terrible idea. HHH doesn't eat humble pie.

Thread Information