Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should be WWE's next Feud of the Summer?

Banned

Default What should be WWE's next Feud of the Summer?

Now I know that next summer is a long time away, but still, I decided to post this poll. And the title of this thread says all. What do you think should be WWE's next feud of the summer?

The poll options are:

Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar

I honestly think that these two could have a great, classic match. Sheamus is, in my mind, one of those guys that could really bring the fight to Lesnar. And Heyman should just stay out of this one. I mean he can be the manager for Lesnar. Just don't have him interfere. Let these two men fight. This is in my mind the best feud that hasn't happened yet.

The Real Americans vs either Sgt. Slaughter or Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Hulk Hogan
    Another great feud in my mind. These are guys that could really help get Swagger and Cesaro over. And the promos from Colter building up
    to this would be amazing. If it's Slaughter that's Hogan's partner, they're promos would be good too.

CM Punk vs Dean Ambrose
    If The Shield breaks up, keep Ambrose heel as this would be a great IWC friendly match. I mean Punk could probably also have a good match with both Rollins and Reigns, but I think that Punk vs Ambrose would top both of those ideas. Both guys came from the indys and I hope WWE knows that these guys can get asses in seats and put on a show

and this could be a slight possibility if both sides are willing to a return.

Big E Langston vs Bobby Lashley
    It's like Ryback getting compared to Goldberg. Potential of another extremely physical match and both are huge men. Now they may not have achieved much, but they are still tremendous athletes and that match could put asses in seats
    Last edited by BringThePain513; 09-19-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Default Re: What should be WWE's next Feud of the Summer?

Randy Orton vs John Cena!!!!

...oh wait
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Looks to me they've started a Ryback/punk feud.

Hey TNA, I Don't see that glass Ceiling breaking yet...

Banned

First post edited. Sheamus vs Lesnar, The Real Americans vs either Slaughter or Duggan and Hogan and Punk vs Ambrose are the options

Sheamus vs. Brock Lesnar would be an awesome match, but a very boring feud.

No interest in the second one.

Punk vs. Ambrose sounds good, if Punk doesn't decide to leave.

HAYZE

Banned

New option. Big E Langston vs Bobby Lashley (if both sides agree to a new deal)

I'd rather see Daniel Bryan vs. Bobby Lashley in a Yes vs. No match.

HAYZE

Don't waste Big on Lashley dude was bland as can be.

Thank you HAYZE!

I have yet to hear anyone compare Langston to Lashley at all, so I dont see this as another Ryback/Goldberg thing.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Once The Shield breaks up, I'd love to see a summer of Dean Ambrose raising hell in the WWE, determined to be WWE champion at any cost and ready to take out anyone who stands in his way.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Tyler Breeze will freeze your feed
    Cena fan for LIFE

Rollins vs Ziggler in a series of who can sell moves the best match.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

I wouldn't mind seeing crazy Punk vs Psycho Orton (Which seems to be the direction they are going with him, given Stephanie's promo to him on RAW). I think if booked right, it could be a really engaging, action packed feud, and the matches would be awesome, particularly if there were some gimmick matches (Last man standing, Extreme Rules, I Quit) thrown into the fold.

Wyatt Family versus the WWE, faces and heels alike.

I think we're genuinely too far out to start guessing this kind of stuff for next summer. Furthermore, while all of these might be nice (or semi-decent) feuds, none of them really scream "Headliner" the way that Summer Of Punk II in 2011 or the Bryan-Corporation feud did/does. It's not just about picking two names who'll have interesting matches and throwing them together. The big difference between the "Feud of the Summer" and every other feud is that it has so much more at stake than just someone's pride, or just a championship. Summer Of Punk II and the Bryan-Corporation storyline both involve the WWE Machine coming down on one guy who is quite literally changing the WWE Universe through his actions. None of the storylines suggested here really do that.

Maybe the Wyatt Family versus the WWE locker room could be that, if the Wyatt Family grew to be as powerfully booked as the Shield was during their initial run. But it would also have to have a huge story backing it up. However, for it to work, it would likely become too gimmicky to really appeal to enough of the audience.

Other than that ... a lot will depend on where Bryan, Cena, and Punk stand in the summer of 2014, and which current members of the roster really break out. But it's impossible to guess at this point.

Honestly, The Real Americans Vs Sgt. Slaughter and Big E. Langston Vs Bobby Lashley would be nothing short of awful if you compare the last couple of years of headlines in the summer time. And even normally, these feuds won't be anything more than just "good" anyway. Lashley simply doesn't have good charisma anyway while Big E. has loads. And frankly, I can barely see the resemblance between the two.

Even Sheamus Vs Brock Lesnar won't be that big of a story to watch headline anything, but if a match does happen it'll be nice. Just nothing to really make for a build.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Next summer, when the WWE realizes how low they are on really good quality heels will do with Bryan what Punk did with Nexus; Bryan will beat Ambrose, turn heel, and take over the leadership of SHIELD. This of course will coincidentally tie in with the next Marvel superhero movie (fans of Marvel's SHIELD will get what I mean). Ambrose will turn in to a face version of Heath Ledger's joker, getting cheered however at the same time being tough, sadistic, and making those random facial expressions that makes him look restless from too much medication.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Next summer, when the WWE realizes how low they are on really good quality heels will do with Bryan what Punk did with Nexus; Bryan will beat Ambrose, turn heel, and take over the leadership of SHIELD. This of course will coincidentally tie in with the next Marvel superhero movie (fans of Marvel's SHIELD will get what I mean). Ambrose will turn in to a face version of Heath Ledger's joker, getting cheered however at the same time being tough, sadistic, and making those random facial expressions that makes him look restless from too much medication.
    That would be amazing, but I would prefer Punk vs Ambrose since that match has not happened yet. But the take over of leadership idea can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    Honestly, The Real Americans Vs Sgt. Slaughter and Big E. Langston Vs Bobby Lashley would be nothing short of awful if you compare the last couple of years of headlines in the summer time. And even normally, these feuds won't be anything more than just "good" anyway. Lashley simply doesn't have good charisma anyway while Big E. has loads. And frankly, I can barely see the resemblance between the two.

Even Sheamus Vs Brock Lesnar won't be that big of a story to watch headline anything, but if a match does happen it'll be nice. Just nothing to really make for a build.
    The thing with The Real Americans match is that Hogan and Slaughter could really help get Swagger and Cesaro over. With Lashley, I've wanted him to come back for quite a while now. Seriously, what has he been up to lately? I do agree that he lacks charisma, but him and a Big E feud has potential. It's like how I wish there could be an Eddie vs Del Rio feud. Sheamus vs Lesnar would just be an awesome match, plain and simple.
    Last edited by BringThePain513; 09-20-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Bring the Pain, even if those are "big matches that will get those guys over," they don't exactly have potential to be huge, multi-month storylines around which the rest of the product will revolve. They're one-offs. Lesnar and Sheamus would be a hard-hitting match, but there's no storyline basis to make it a huge deal. And let's be honest here, Hogan would never come back to the WWE to put over anyone, let alone Antonio and Thwagger.

It's a nice bit of fantasy booking for short-term programs, but the big summer angle needs a much, much stronger basis than that.

This can only end in ratings gold!

Thanks to the glorious princess of banners and mod type thingies Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumquatv1 View Post

This can only end in ratings gold!

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Banned

The next feud of the summer should be between two up and commers to prove they are the next big thing. My money is on Bo Dallas VS Kassius Ohno

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kara again.

I just got showed up

Thanks to the glorious princess of banners and mod type thingies Sandra.

The big story next year should be the break up of the Shield. They interrupt a MITB match and steal the briefcase. Then they can pounce and take the WWE/WHC title at any time. They begin arguing over who should be the one to win the title. They have a triple threat ladder match at SummerSlam for the case and Ambrose wins it. Rollins and Reigns help Ambrose win the title (they agreed to that before the ladder match), but Reigns immediately spears him after and Rollins hits the Blackout for good measure. Rollins turns face and Reigns and Ambrose stay heel, but they all disband and face each other in a triple threat (or Fatal 4 Way with whoever the champion was) for the title. Ambrose reverts back to his darker character now that he doesn't have the numbers advantage on his side or any friends at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Mark View Post
    The big story next year should be the break up of the Shield. They interrupt a MITB match and steal the briefcase. Then they can pounce and take the WWE/WHC title at any time. They begin arguing over who should be the one to win the title. They have a triple threat ladder match at SummerSlam for the case and Ambrose wins it. Rollins and Reigns help Ambrose win the title (they agreed to that before the ladder match), but Reigns immediately spears him after and Rollins hits the Blackout for good measure. Rollins turns face and Reigns and Ambrose stay heel, but they all disband and face each other in a triple threat (or Fatal 4 Way with whoever the champion was) for the title. Ambrose reverts back to his darker character now that he doesn't have the numbers advantage on his side or any friends at all.
    Hopefully WWE lets you take writing control next summer so all of that can happen. Seriously, this has got to be one of the best storyline ideas I have ever heard.

Thread Information