Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans Getting PPV Refunds Due To HHH's overturn decision At Night Of Champions

Default Fans Getting PPV Refunds Due To HHH's overturn decision At Night Of Champions

FANS GETTING PPV REFUNDS DUE TO THE FINISH AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

By Dave Scherer on 2013-09-18 17:05:37

An Elite member wrote me to tell me that he called Cox Cable and asked for a refund due to the finish of the Night Of Champions PPV being overturned. He said that Cox eventually gave him and the representative told him that other people had asked for a refund for the same reason.

Cox is my cable company as well so I called my representative and was told that indeed other people have already called and gotten refunds, feeling that by invalidating the finish of the show that they paid for, they deserved it. This could become a slippery slope for wrestling companies.
    http://adf.ly/VybbS

I called this in another thread it is a slipperly slope of pissing away the audience.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: Fans Getting PPV Refunds Due To HHH's overturn decision At Night Of Champions

brb switching to cox cable

HAYZE

Default Re: Fans Getting PPV Refunds Due To HHH's overturn decision At Night Of Champions

Guess it wasn't what was best for business after all.

Wrestling fans can be hilarious

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
    I Eat Cannibals

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Guess it wasn't what was best for business after all.
    Kayfabe is alive and well!! The customer is always right I guess

WWE STATEMENT ON EARLIER NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS PPV STORY

By Mike Johnson on 2013-09-18 20:09:53

WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider.com in response to Dave Scherer's post about fans requesting refunds from their cable provider following the Raw angle that negated the main event finish of WWE Night of Champions:

“While certain fans may not have liked the continuing storyline following Night of Champions, we’re certain that the 3-hour pay-per-view event delivered all the entertainment and excitement expected from WWE.”
    http://adf.ly/Vz9c5
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 09-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

The fans who ordered King of the Ring 1998 should go back and request refunds too for having Austin beat Kane the next night. Poor bastards got ripped off I tell you.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    The fans who ordered King of the Ring 1998 should go back and request refunds too for having Austin beat Kane the next night. Poor bastards got ripped off I tell you.
    My memory is fuzzy, but was the decision overturned? I thought Kane simply agreed to a rematch.

The decision wasn't overturned on Raw either. The reign still counts. Daniel Bryan is still a two-time WWE Champion.

HAYZE

Idiot cable. I thought it made this storyline even more great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    The decision wasn't overturned on Raw either. The reign still counts. Daniel Bryan is still a two-time WWE Champion.
    The difference here though is the rule of "referee's decision is final" was thrown out the window and a board decision was made to strip the title. It's not exactly the same thing as Kane straight up losing a rematch the night after due to the former champion exercising his rematch clause. Plus, which fan in 1998 would have been upset at seeing Austin get back his belt lol.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    brb switching to cox cable
    Oh, you don't wanna do that...no cable is almost better than Cox

I can't believe this is happening...wait, no I can...but, it's ridiculous.

From Bender's Banner Shop Emporium and Deli

2013 Sports Empire Rookie of the Year

Personally, I love it!

I can imagine HHH scratching his head in disbelief, while Vince makes a pouts.

Banned

I should call and ask for a refund on the sports package anytime KU doesn't win a football game. After all,I got the sports package so I could watch KU win on tv every week. Fuckin morons.

Good. Maybe now they'll stay away from stupid shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    The difference here though is the rule of "referee's decision is final" was thrown out the window and a board decision was made to strip the title. It's not exactly the same thing as Kane straight up losing a rematch the night after due to the former champion exercising his rematch clause. Plus, which fan in 1998 would have been upset at seeing Austin get back his belt lol.
    But he didn't overturn it, he simply stripped it. Again, the title win is still official and the reign still counts.

These people have no grounds for a refund. It's cool that they got one, because as has been said, maybe it'll make WWE think twice before they overbook in the future. But they got lucky.

HAYZE

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

This is why people laugh at me when they find out I'm a wrestling fan. Honestly people you are making the rest of us look bad. This is an excellent storyline and HHH stripping him of the title is just part of it. Bunch of morons. This is making DB the biggest draw since well...maybe Stone Cold or Hogan.

And Cox are the assholes who gave in and made this a 'thing'. No one should get their money back from a wrestling PPV (of all things) because people didn't like the way things turned out or how something ended. I mean can I sue God because my life didn't turn out the way I expected or I didn't like the way my marriage ended? Ridiculous.

I wish I was with Cox as I'm in an argument with my PPV/cable provider who charged me 3 times for SummerSlam. It was good but not $150 good.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

I actually have Cox Cable, and had them do that once for me a few years ago for a PPV I had ordered (don't recall what event it was). The reasoning was because there were technical difficulties that didn't allow me to even see the event.

Credit for the awesome artwork goes to JV, thanks dude!

RIP Warrior

Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I actually have Cox Cable, and had them do that once for me a few years ago for a PPV I had ordered (don't recall what event it was). The reasoning was because there were technical difficulties that didn't allow me to even see the event.
    I think technical difficulties are much different than asking for a refund due to not liking the way something turned out, especially considering it's all part of a storyline and bigger plan.

Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Trust me, Cox Cable isn't the only company who will give a refund simply to make someone go away.

They are basically getting a refund because they don't like the way the storyline progressed the next night. That's seriously stupid.

It's almost like watching a sequel (Raw) and asking for your money back on the first movie (SummerSlam) because you don't like how things turned out in the sequel.

surrender

They aren't getting a refund because of the way the storyline progressed. They know they can take advantage of Cox's customer service, get their money back and ultimately have watched the PPV for free. Cox doesn't want to deal with the hassle. It's actually pretty clever. I wish we could do that with Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Weezl; 09-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.

I should've gotten a refund for every PPV Triple H or John Cena retained the title!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

Where's my refund for WrestleMania 27?

HAYZE

Banned

This makes even less sense than when they issued refunds because Cena missed a house show

Thread Information