View Poll Results: Shield or the Wyatts...who do you prefer?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shield

51 77.27%
  • The Wyatts

12 18.18%
  • Neither

3 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield or the Wyatts?

Default Shield or the Wyatts?

Both new teams, both making quite an impact in the WWE and seem to be very popular among these forums, so my question is which team do you...prefer? I'm not gonna say who's better or made more of an impact, for impact I'd say shield since they've been around longer and got involved in WWE main events and all the Wyatts have really done is attack Kane
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Shield or the Wyatts?

The Shield for me. When the Wyatts came on the scene I was extremely interested in them but since the Kane thing ended I've become a bit bored with them. Whereas The Shield are once again involved in the main storyline and their longevity also helps them get my vote.

We just had a couple of threads like this last month. Honestly don't want to get into another debate but for me it's easy.

The shield.

Don't feel like posting more on the subject though.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I was way more excited for the Wyatts then I do Shield. I'm also not the hugest Ambrose fan. With all that said, I hope the Wyatts pick up steam again.

The Shield because I enjoy all three guys. The Wyatt's I only like Bray.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Shield.

WWE have ruined TWF. They were great on NXT but have no idea how to use them on the main roster.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

After a great build, the Wyatt's push was soft. Hopefully that changes, but the Shield still is the preeminent group in the WWE.

From Bender's Banner Shop Emporium and Deli

2013 Sports Empire Rookie of the Year

Gimme the Shield. The Wyatts are already becoming stale to me.

People getting bored of the Wyatt Family only goes to show how little of an attention span wrestling fans have. The IWC wants anyone with even an ounce of talent to by pushed to the damn moon and just be placed in the main event picture. It worked with the Shield because they have a flexible gimmick and debuted at the right time. It doesn't work with the Wyatts because their gimmick is not flexible and the main event has absolutely no place for them. As for what they've done so far, yes, they're have been some mistakes (those being: expecting him to have a good match against Kane in a ring surrounded by fire, expecting the thing with the steel steps to look good, expecting him to have a good match against R-Truth), but overall, the story that has been told is fine. He had a good match with Ziggler and is still remaining relevant through the things he does best (promos). The Wyatts are transitioning between storylines right now, and what comes next for them is anyone's guess, but to say the WWE doesn't know what to do with them is absurd.

I like both. But Wyatts get my vote.

I just want to see the family destroy the boys in body armour.

people are getting bored with the Wyatt Family the same reason people get bored with weekly case by case television series. It starts off great with a story, but then for the most part withers into basic writing where you know they'll succeed in the end. we want to see the Wyatt family in feuds. what did they do with Kane? What are the Wyatt family's next plan of attack? Will this at any point intervene with the corporations plans? These are the kinds of questions we want to ask as viewers.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Tyler Breeze will freeze your feed
    Cena fan for LIFE

The Shield quite easily. Really the Wyatt Family does nothing for me at all. I mean they beat up Kane and R-Truth and a few other jobbers. Big whoop. Bray hangs upside down and puts his tongue out and I'm supposed to be sold? Not happening. The Shield is one of the hottest acts going right now and those other guys don't even register to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    The Shield because I enjoy all three guys. The Wyatt's I only like Bray.
    That's pretty much the answer.
    The Shield is a good gimmick being carried by 3 talented people.
    The Wyatt Family is a good gimmick being carried by 1 talented person.

It's not much of a debate for me.

I don't think anybody is carrying The Wyatt Family. They are sinking pretty fast.

For me it is easily The Shield. I am a big fan of Ambrose & Rollins and I like Reigns. As far as the Wyatts go, Harper is great and Wyatt is good, but I think Rowan sucks.

Not only that, but The Shield are far more interesting right now as the Wyatts have not done anything of note since Summerslam.

surrender

and really throwing somebody into a feud with Kane is kind of an automatic snoozer for me anyways. Daniel Bryan is the only person who has got anything worth while out of Kane in years.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

The Shield is much better as a unit, and by far one of my favorite things about WWE. However, I'm not too hot on the "Corporate Justice" they've been serving. All three are going to be breakout stars, no doubt.

My pick is The Wyatts. While the "Family" may not have had many impressive wins (Hell, they're hardly on tv anymore), I find them to be much more ENTERTAINING. Bray Wyatt's character fascinates me and I hope the skyrocket him to the moon. Once Harper and Rowan start showing a little more character and key victories, I think they could be "great for business".
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Gotta go with the Shield. They have always delivered in big matches. The match where Bryan handed the Shield their first loss on Smackdown a couple months back was really good. The Wyatts have potential and Bray has delivered some good promos, but right now, they seem like more of a novelty than anything else, because of their weird entrance. I know it sounds cliche, but they need to prove themselves to me by delivering the goods in the ring.

Edit: Maybe it's not a good idea to make posts at 1:30am.....
    Last edited by PM_Punk; 09-20-2013 at 04:16 AM.

They should have never put the Wyatt's in a feud with Kane knowing he wasn't gonna be there because of See No Evil 2. Bray is great promo wise and in the ring. Harper is a good big man. I think Rowan sucks. The Shield are a lot better in my opinion but they've been around for about a year now and have been in the main event scene from day one. I'm extremely high on all three but Reigns is the stand out to me. He's got that style that I like to watch. Intense but can work with anyone. The spear, superman punch, that clothesline and the power bomb are amazing to me. He needs mic work but he's great. Rollins and Ambrose are great too

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Both groups are awesome. I believe both will be staples in the WWE for years to come. Gun to my head, I pick the Shield.

Banned

The Shield.. the Wyatts are already boring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    Both groups are awesome. I believe both will be staples in the WWE for years to come. Gun to my head, I pick the Shield.
    Really? I doubt The Shield will still be a unit this time next year and I could see The Wyatt's being nothing but jobbers this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Really? I doubt The Shield will still be a unit this time next year and I could see The Wyatt's being nothing but jobbers this time next year.
    That right there is another key distinction that I think sets The Shield apart.

When The Shield eventually goes their separate ways, I see all three being AT LEAST mid-card staples. I could legitimately see all three of them holding World Titles at some point in their careers.
    The Wyatts? MAYBE Bray gets a sniff at some World gold, but I don't see him ever holding it. And Rowan and Harper I have no doubt will be jobbing until they're future endeavored.

Be patient with the Wyatt Family, things will pick up again once Kane is done filming his new movie. I do think Bray Wyatt is one of the few guys who it makes sense for him to challenge HHH's authority. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes orders very well.

7 Time Womens Champion Trish Stratus's Avatar

My Boys The Shield Of Course!! Though I Think A Match The Shield Vs The Wyatts Would Be a Very Good Idea At one Point. I know I would Love To see a Match Between Them IMO.

Thread Information