Thread: cm punk working injured backstage future

Question cm punk working injured backstage future

CM Punk has been injured for several weeks now, which is why he's barely been wrestling a full match at recent WWE live events. Word is that Punk's knee and ankle are injured but he's dealing with other nagging injuries. The attack from Ryback at Night of Champions will allow Punk one or two weeks off TV.
    PWInsider reports that a lot of people within WWE are talking about how Punk's deal expires next summer and what that means for his future. It's probably too early to tell what's in store for him but it is something being talked about among the other wrestlers.

Banned

Default Re: cm punk working injured backstage future

More time off perhaps??

Banned

WHen I last spoke with Phil eh told me he most likely wont wrestle past 38.

If they'd let wrestlers "wrestle" instead of being spot monkeys to entertain the live crowds who chant boring unless a guy is risking life and limb it might lengthen their careers. Look at Rey, who can't even compete for more then a month without getting hurt anymore

Ah Screw it

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

This makes me sad, but I knew this was coming. I have been preparing myself for Punk to slow down and eventually retire. I do not see him re-signing at all. I think Punk is riding off into the sunset come Summer of 2014. He is burnt out and ready to just relax. He has accomplished everything in the wrestling business, except main eventing Wrestlemania, but he can't keep waiting and waiting for that opportunity. Let's enjoy him for the next 9 months or so. I'm a huge Punk mark so it sucks, but good for him that he'll be able to enjoy his life and do other things he hasn't been able to do for the last 15 years or so.

Banned

This kind of explains CM Punk winning the Royal Rumble

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    Oh, you and Phil are on a first name basis now?

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

This is why I want Punk to win the rumble and main event Wrestlemania 30. If it doesn't happen next year I'm afraid it won't happen at all.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I find it very hard to believe the WWE would give him the push they did only for him to leave so soon afterwards. I think he would be great for taking Lawler's role as commentator and do occasional angles and matches. Maybe we wouldnt get to see him wrestle as much as we want but he is gold on commentary. Even if he does "retire" few people ever truly retire in this business. After a few years they would start offering him big time money to do a wrestlemania match.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post

According to Phil he doesn't know you.

I'm a bit more open to Punk main eventing Mania than I was this time last week, if only because the storyline is progressing pretty quickly now and I don't see them holding off Bryan/HHH until then.

But I still don't think it should be done just because he might leave a few months later. I don't think that's right, regardless of how much he may deserve it. I think the main event needs to be either the hottest program going or the biggest one you can do, and I'm not sure Punk will fall into either of those categories by next spring.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

You can't actually know that. Especially since this Bryan/HHH is like you said, progressing pretty fast. So if it ends, where does that leave us? You don't know, and so do I and for that reason alone I am not even sure who's going to actually main event this wrestlemania. You said it yourself Champ, a regular wrestlemania its going to be so why on earth should they care about making it a historical night?

And the fact Wrestlemania season is starting from the rumble I find it hard to believe that after all these years and evidences that we won't see WWE pushing a storyline in that time or pushing someone fast just like that for wrestlemania. Last year they've done it with Swagger in the elimination chamber.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Oh, you and Phil are on a first name basis now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pduh View Post
    According to Phil he doesn't know you.
    He means Phil in accounts receivable, who is also a 'rasslin fan and reads the dirtsheets.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    You can't actually know that. Especially since this Bryan/HHH is like you said, progressing pretty fast. So if it ends, where does that leave us? You don't know, and so do I and for that reason alone I am not even sure who's going to actually main event this wrestlemania. You said it yourself Champ, a regular wrestlemania its going to be so why on earth should they care about making it a historical night?

And the fact Wrestlemania season is starting from the rumble I find it hard to believe that after all these years and evidences that we won't see WWE pushing a storyline in that time or pushing someone fast just like that for wrestlemania. Last year they've done it with Swagger in the elimination chamber.
    You're right, I don't know it and things could change in a few months. All I know is that if you asked me right now, I would probably not put Punk in next year's main event.

I'm bored of the Heyman feud now and I can't say I'm all that interested in seeing him feud with Ryback.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I actually have a REALLY bad feeling they'll turn Punk heel again and pit him against Bryan.

I'd much rather see him and Bryan, decade long rivals, come together to fight the common enemy.

I agree, especially when you consider how Punk has never really trusted Triple H, going back to 2011.

Bender

Can you imagine Punk/Bryan versus Reigns/Rollins, for example? I'd not be too disappointing in Punk/Orton, or a potential match involving Triple H, Bryan and Punk. That'd be incredible and a true entrance to the twilight zone. I'm still struggling with the idea Bryan Danielson and CM Punk are now the 2 active top faces in the WWE.

I always find it funny when they talk about somebody possibly retiring and use the saying "the talk backstage"

Ah Screw it

If Punk retires he will end up training so not sure I see the big deal. Punk's knee and ankle have been really messed up for a while, which is why he had to retire the Plunge. He is far, far too valuable for WWE to let on the free market, despite his hatred for TNA. I just really wish that if Punk goes out we can get one run with Colt in WWE.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Thread Information