Thread: rvd has a 90 days taking time off on new contact

Question rvd has a 90 days taking time off on new contact

credit pwinsider.com

Rob Van Dam is scheduled to exit the WWE storylines some time in October, either after the Battleground pay-per-view or after the Hell In a Cell pay-per-view.
    Van Dam reportedly has 90 day blocks in his new contract where he will work for 90 days and then take some time off to rest before coming back to work another 90 days.

Default Re: rvd has a 90 days taking time off on new contact

I don't think it implies 90 days off, Jman. I think it says he will have time off, before working 90 days period at a time.
    - Credit JV -
    My client Gus Poyet broke the streak!!!

It should almost be compulsory to work that sort of schedule, as long as it's still financially viable for the wrestlers.

It makes sure they don't get burned out from being on the road continuously, keeps everyone a little healthier, and allows for the product to be continually freshened up through natural rotation of the roster.

Three months on, one month off, repeat. Something like that.

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

Well that kind of takes some suspense out of his next title match, if he's leaving right afterwards.

HAYZE

I agree that guys should have easier schedules and whatnot but I agree with Champ. This makes storylines suck in certain instances. How about rather than running guys ragged they can still have ime off every 90 days just not Raw. So every 90 days you only work Raws for a month this way storylines dont take a hit and you get to recoup

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Well that kind of takes some suspense out of his next title match, if he's leaving right afterwards.
    He could always win and get MITB'd.

Hopefully he's not gone for too long. RVD's been great since returning.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    I agree that guys should have easier schedules and whatnot but I agree with Champ. This makes storylines suck in certain instances. How about rather than running guys ragged they can still have ime off every 90 days just not Raw. So every 90 days you only work Raws for a month this way storylines dont take a hit and you get to recoup
    I've never understood why they don't do that with more wrestlers. Cena's the only guy I can think of that's been injured and taken out of house shows but still works Raw. It really does make perfect sense.

But having said that, by my understanding the only reason WWE doesn't do this is because of the way they structure their contracts. The way I understand goes something like this: A wrestler signs a two year contract. If he works whenever he's told for two years straight, he has then works through the contract and either signs a new deal or leaves the company. However, if that wrestler get's injured for say, 6 months, WWE then extends his contract for six more months starting when he is healed and working again. I believe unlike the olden days, the wrestler still get's paid for the ENTIRE duration of their contract, so if they get injured at least they still get paid. So basically even though the wrestler is getting his contractually agreed upon pay, he HAS to WORK for the time stated in his contract.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Hope he's not gone long, I'm loving his return. I'd like to see him and Rey have some matches and maybe form a tag team when Rey returns.

Hey TNA, I Don't see that glass Ceiling breaking yet...

Good for him, if wrestlers took breaks more periodically, there would be far less injuries.

I mean, for all the complaining we do about how bad some of these part time contracts are, this one really isn't a bad one. He's working full time when he's there and then he gets some breaks, during which time other guys will get to shine. Sounds fine to me.

HAYZE

I was really hoping he'd win the WHC too. Del Rio's reign is lasting a lot longer than I thought it would.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Banned

RVD will win that belt with Sandow cashing in and killing him to write him off tv. Rhodes returns to feud with Sandow for just long enough for RVD to return and take back his belt. Easy enough.

I've thought for years every wrestler should get at least 3 months off a year. Main event guys should get it 3 months straight and lower card guys can take it in chunks. Give the audience a chance to miss people and want them back and gives the wrestlers a chance to rest and maybe rethink their characters so they can come back fresh or with a new finisher or something. It sucks the only way these people get a break now is if they get hurt. And look at the return pops these guys get when they come back. Only now, you can schedule THE RETURN OF WHOEVERTHEFUCK AT THE PPV. Maybe get a couple more buys that way.

You can write people off with suspensions, injury storylines, or even write the vacation into the story. All good things.

Thread Information