View Poll Results: Will Daniel Bryan be WWE Champion when Raw goes off the air tomorrow night?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

11 24.44%
  • NO!

34 75.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beard is Champion! (Or is he?)

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Thumbs up The Beard is Champion! (Or is he?)

So I think it's pretty clear that this needs its own thread.

WWE delivered one of the great surprises of the year tonight when Daniel Bryan left Night of Champions as WWE Champion, which not a single person here thought would happen.

However, there may be a catch: As those who watched the PPV saw, they were doing funky shit with the referees throughout the match, and the three count that ended it was pretty damn fast.

It's not impossible that this was a mistake, but it seems more like a storyline device to get the title back off Bryan and back onto Orton tomorrow night.

Alternatively, they could be going the route of Triple H challenging Bryan for the championship, after he questioned whether or not he made the right decision in picking Randy Orton to be "the face" of the company.

So there's a lot to think about here. Do we celebrate this like it's the real deal, just in case it is? If Bryan is champion for real, is it a good decision or was the trigger pulled too quickly?

And if not, do you like the unpredictability of the booking, or do you think it's merely serving to cheapen whenever the real moment comes by training us to believe something screwy is always going to go down?

I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this one, because as you can see, mine are all over the place.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: The Beard is Champion! (Or is he?)

I think the decision will be reversed tomorrow and Orton will get the belt back. And if so, this shit is just too fucking overbooked. WAY too overbooked. Two dodgy title win moments for Bryan is too much, and if the title does get handed back to Orton, the third title win moment for Bryan isn't going to be as exciting.

It was definitely intentional though, not a mistake. The ref could not possibly make a mistake like that and they showed it during the replay. Plus there was suspicious ref activity when the ref who got bumped re-entered the ring, so I knew there that there would be a funky ending.

So yeah, I'm not a fan of this storyline right now.

surrender

Ortons getting the title back tomorrow in my mind and they're playing a very risky game with the dilution of the end moment which is Bryan vanquishing HHH and Orton once and for all.

I like the fact that WWE is unpredictable at the moment, it's a nice change to be surprised by endings these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It's the cycle of the internet. Watch Raw, complain, sleep, repeat.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

Maybe they realized how much they were beating Bryan down and thought it would be good for him to get the title back quickly?

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Triple H is involved. He's getting Jericho'd.

This shit didn't work with Dolph so it's annoying that they are doing it again.

It would be nice if Triple H just came out on Raw and admitted that Daniel as champion was what is best for business, because that would be unpredictable and we could move on from this whole storyline because I really don't care to sit through another month of this.

They are getting you to watch Raw tomorrow night, because the NFL team with the widest fan base in the nation is playing a divisional game against their toughest divisional opponent. That's all it is, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    They are getting you to watch Raw tomorrow night, because the NFL team with the widest fan base in the nation is playing a divisional game against their toughest divisional opponent. That's all it is, folks.
    You might be right, but if you are, that would make me dislike the move a lot more.

They need to stop worrying about Monday Night Football. They are not going to ever outdraw Monday Night Football, nor are they ever going to stop losing viewers to Monday Night Football. Get over it and move on.

With that said, I'm sure that their strategy of getting people to tune in will work, as I'm very much anticipating this Raw now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Yeah there's no way Bryan keeps the title after tomorrow night. I expect he'll either be stripped of the title or there'll be a rematch that leads to Orton being champion again. I really hope i'm wrong because this seems like it's going to get really overbooked at this rate.

I think this is definitely going to cheapen the moment when Bryan finally does overcome Triple H's Regime.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

I think it's a swerve and they will get the title off of Bryan one way or another tomorrow night. If they do decide to let him keep it, I think the trigger was pulled way too fast, and I'll be interested to see where they go from here then.

Banned

HHH will strip the belt from Bryan on Raw and put it on himself is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post
    That would be amazing.

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pomf View Post
    Yeah there's no way Bryan keeps the title after tomorrow night. I expect he'll either be stripped of the title or there'll be a rematch that leads to Orton being champion again. I really hope i'm wrong because this seems like it's going to get really overbooked at this rate.

I think this is definitely going to cheapen the moment when Bryan finally does overcome Triple H's Regime.
    But see, all you guys are now expecting Bryan not to be Champion, so Bryan keeping the Championship is another swerve .

Quote Originally Posted by vincemark View Post
    But see, all you guys are now expecting Bryan not to be Champion, so Bryan keeping the Championship is another swerve .
    If that were to happen i'd tip my hat to creative for surprising me with a swerve that is actually backed up by good logic. I'm not expecting that to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post
    If this happens I will turn off my TV, go outside, and facepalm towards the night sky so the heavens can witness my lack of approval.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Fuck Hardy's.Drugge & Fat vincemark's Avatar

If that were to happen i'd tip my hat to creative for surprising me with a swerve that is actually backed up by good logic. I'm not expecting that to happen though.
    Next, I think a Triple Threat Match between Big Show.vs.Randy Orton.vs. Bryan is likely for BattleGround.

Didn't see the PPV, just read the results and the general reaction from people though. I can't see Bryan keeping the title. The referee situation will be the reason why I guess. I'm not really too sure how I feel about it either - I'll have to watch RAW and see what happens I guess.

Fast count. Tomorrow Trips fires the ref and says "Nope, shut up, never happened, Randy's still the face of the WWE."

Bryan's getting stripped. When Bryan wins the title for real it's going to mean nothing now. He should've just kept it at SummerSlam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose Mark View Post
    Bryan's getting stripped. When Bryan wins the title for real it's going to mean nothing now. He should've just kept it at SummerSlam.
    I don't think his story prospects would have been as good if he had kept it at SummerSlam.

But I do agree that a second tease reign might significantly cheapen the third, which is why I'm kind of hoping he keeps it.

Bender

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Only read the PPV results... I'm assuming the ref stuff is gonna lead to some shenanigans... However, considering who the ref involved was... I'm wondering if this will also lead to HHH screwing over his best buddy Road Dogg... Although, if that happens... that can only eventually lead to HBK... Nevermind. Probably putting too much thought into this.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    This shit didn't work with Dolph so it's annoying that they are doing it again.

It would be nice if Triple H just came out on Raw and admitted that Daniel as champion was what is best for business, because that would be unpredictable and we could move on from this whole storyline because I really don't care to sit through another month of this.
    The McMahons rule this company so of course they have to dominate almost a 1/4 of the show.

My solution: Watch Steelers/Bengals.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I think the decision will be reversed tomorrow and Orton will get the belt back. And if so, this shit is just too fucking overbooked. WAY too overbooked. Two dodgy title win moments for Bryan is too much, and if the title does get handed back to Orton, the third title win moment for Bryan isn't going to be as exciting.

It was definitely intentional though, not a mistake. The ref could not possibly make a mistake like that and they showed it during the replay. Plus there was suspicious ref activity when the ref who got bumped re-entered the ring, so I knew there that there would be a funky ending.

So yeah, I'm not a fan of this storyline right now.
    I agree. They can't strip it from Bryan because the next time he wins, the crowd will be sitting on their hands looking at the entrance for what's coming next. I'd prefer they just use it as fuel for Orton's automatic rematch, the idea that even though Bryan's champion, he's still not the face of the WWE because he didn't win the belt fairly.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I hope he keeps it after Vince, though on HHH's side, declares he can't be stripped of the title and they'll need to "find another way".

This then begins Triple H's true reign of terror as he does everything and anything he can to get the title back off of Bryan.

Banned

Yeah there's no way Bryan keeps the title after tomorrow night.
    Just Like there was no way he would win at Night of Champions?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I can see Bryan keeping the title after Vince intervenes and then Cody gets re-instated. And we'll get a Bryan-Orton re-match at Battleground. That's my guess.

Thread Information