Thread: What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Default What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm talking about Brock Lesnar guy, Clown guy, Sign guy, suit guy, Hogan guy, etc. These dudes have to be plants. I have seen pictures on their twitter at these events and they're always front row and always mingling with the wrestlers. They are always on camera. So what do you guys know about these cast of characters? Are they plants or just rich fucking people? I highly doubt they're super rich. My guess is they're plants designed to be there to get other people excited about the show. I bet they are even paid by the WWE a small amount or maybe just hotel/airfare covered.

Default Re: What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

It's pretty annoying either way because people miss out on having those seats when they're always taken up by the same guys.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: What's the deal with the same fans in the front row at every major event?

I agree, it's really annoying. It's bullshit. They might be good guys; they probably are. If I see any of them at Hell In A Cell, I'm going to politely ask them to shoot me straight. I'm pretty confident they are plants. If not, they have great connections within the industry or they know some tricks regarding how to snag up best seats. They either know a guy that snags up best seats with their system or they are plants. Either way, it's fucking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    It's pretty annoying either way because people miss out on having those seats when they're always taken up by the same guys.
    Not really. If they have bought their front row seats everytime then they have the right to sit in those seats everytime. If they're that big of a fan, fair play to them.

I follow the majority of them on Twitter and they seem legitimate, it's their characters or gimmicks (clown, sign guy) that gets them noticed and they have met these wrestlers at numerous events like Axxess and what not. Sign Guy did an interview a few years ago and says he maxed out credit cards on travelling to events. It's not inconceivable that these people literally spend all their money to go to WWE events.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

They could just have the money to be able to go to these events ever think about that? Don't go around hating on people who are able to go to these events and get good seats and they also could have good connection s.Just giving you my two cents.
    Last edited by Melinafan20; 09-11-2013 at 05:17 PM.

It is suspicious that they always get front row, usually on camera side though. Out of thousands of people, the chances of getting those seats as often they do is miniscule...unless you know someone "on the inside".

I've always assumed they're related to/friends with someone who works in WWE...but for whatever reason, they can't/won't come out and say so. I know if I was a wrestler, I'd make sure I got my friends and family the best seats in the house.

Either WWE Magazine or WWE.com once did an article on these 'superfans.' It was probably different fans from a different era, but the gist of the story likely remains the same. I was trying to find it, but no luck yet.

From what I remember, they're either rich wrestling fans with a lot of time on their hands, or superfans who went to all the shows in one specific area. At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases. I know WWF has always been generous to the handicapped, for example.

And while I doubt this is still practiced, some wrestlers also had fan lackeys in certain cities who would act as their chauffeur while they were in town. This guy who hosted a wrestling radio show here used to do this for Flair and Honkytonk Man back in the 80s. Front row seats were often the payoff.

Here in Baltimore it was almost impossible to get front row seats to a WWF show in the late 90s unless you knew somebody at WWF or Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker223 View Post
    At some point, both groups of fans would get recognized by the wrestlers, many of whom are quite adept at remember faces. Said fan would be brought backstage, schmooze with the boys, and be given first dibs on the best seats. Probably at a discount price. Maybe for free in some cases.
    For clarification, this is the part that I don't like.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I don't know, but I'd pay good money to punch Frankie The Clown right in the face.
    It's showtime, folks!

Call me naive but I just assumed they were well off and could afford to get those seats, a first come first serve kind of deal. If I had the money it's certaintly something i'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Thanks for your thoughts. I do like Sign Guy. Brock Lesnar Guy seems like a fun guy. Wasn't it Frankie The Clown that got a shout out from Hunter a couple weeks ago? Like I said, it's annoying but only because it's not me getting front row seats at every fucking show I desire to attend. They are at most Raw's, some Smackdown's, and every PPV. I'm sure they will be at HIAC in Miami when I'm there next month. Good for them. They must know somebody within the business, or maybe met one of the boys backstage after being enthusiastic and they get hooked up with tickets since then or they have access to a guy who knows how to snag up the best tickets. My gut feeling is they're plants or they know somebody backstage on a personal level that hooks em' up. But, they might just be super fans who max out credit cards or just rich fucking fans. Again, good for them. I hope to chat with Frankie The Clown or Sign Guy or Brock Lesnar Guy next month at HIAC.

I get a major kick out of Sign Guys work. Normally the most markish stuff, but when I see it from him I just cant help but enjoy.

Forever.

Come on guys. Every event, sports, concerts, WWE etc. The majority of the time it boils down to 2 things. You can afford it or you know someone. Why would WWE be any different? I've never known anyone to get up front seats to any type of enteratinment without having some sort of connect or paying out the ass.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Sign Guy is basically WWE's straw hat guy. All the wrestlers love him.

That clown guy, IIRC, is the "I HATE YOU HEATH SLATER, I HATE YOU!" guy. And seems like a massive dick.

Lesnar superfan is just that, a Lesnar superfan.
    If you really want to speak to me, I'm not hard to find.

Here's an article on WWE.com from back in 2007 on Sign Guy.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/archive/dealornodeal2

I follow him and the Brock Lesnar guy on Twitter, and they both seem like real cool dudes. My guess is they are just super fans that have a lot money and use it towards going to these shows, which is what I would do if I was in the same situation.

Here's another article on other super fans:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-in-the-world

I loved when Cena posed with the "We Hate Cena" guy.

Banner & Avatar Credit: JV

Sign guy is the only one I've noticed. There's a f#cking clown? Regular Lesnar fan? Does anyone have pics? I've never noticed them.

This is Crazy Lesnar Fan

And when they say Same Seat

They weren't kidding.
    If you really want to speak to me, I'm not hard to find.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

I had always figured they must be part of the production crew who sets up the ring and Titantron and whatnot, get to sit front row and hype up the crowd during the show, and then afterwards disassemble the sets before moving on to the next city.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

I've always wondered who that thin black guy with glasses was at loads of WWE events in the late 80's to late 90's, remember him touching hands with Paul Roma at a MSG event in 1999 when he was mainly wrestling solo before they put him in Power and Glory with Hercules in 1990.

Always use to see him sitting at ringside with another guy who isn't mentioned in that article above, he was a superfan too, they were mostly at Madison Square Gardens but I did see them at ECW events in the late 90's and at WCW around the NWO era(96 to 98), i'm sure they were more into WCW then than WWE as it was hot.

Haven't seen Vladimir and his friend at WWE events or TNA events in ages(though he might have been at some shows in the 00's), wondered what has happened to them, they are the original superfans and I miss seeing them.

Thread Information