Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is Goldberg finally returning

Default So is Goldberg finally returning

Ok I know alot of people dont think that Goldberg will return but just listen to me. So now Goldberg is finally in another wwe game. The same thing that happen to Brock Lesnar before he returned. Now we all know how much Goldberg wants to destroy Ryback cause he didnt like his ripoff gimmick of himself. Now should it happen at WrestleMania no or at least not to me. The only way that I would even think that the GOLDBERG/RYBACK match should happen at WM would be if Ryback got a Mega push from now or at least from Battlegrounds tell WM.I say wwe puts the WHC on Ryback at Battleground or at Hell in a Cell now dont ask how he got the title or who the champ is or anything im just saying wat I think the wwe sure if they wanted the Goldberg vs Ryback to happen at WM 30.Now I think that Ryback should hold the title untell the Elimanation Chamber and then loss it to whoever or can loss it at WM. Now Ryback title run he talking crap saying that nobody cann beat him and he says that the croud should start chanting RYBACK! RYBACK! RYBACK! he can even say that hes the new Goldberg or something like that. The at TLC after Ryback defends his title and defeat whoever he cuts a promote at TLC or the following raw and he is just calling out Goldberg saying that he beatt everyone that there is to beat or that he is 40 and 0 sense the title saying that his streak is better then Goldbergs. Goldberg then twitts something like "Somebody better becareful wat you wish for I can shatter your dreams" after wwe and croud just start thinking wat does it mean. Then at the Royal Rumble Ryback retains his title but Goldberg returns and wins the rumble now a somewhat dream is setup with Ryback looking strong and looking like a real challenger to Goldberg hope you like idea

comment....

Banned

Default Re: So is Goldberg finally returning

This all sounds just terrible to me. Ryback needs to stay away from the title for a while still but especially near Mania. Goldberg coming back should be saved for a place he can job hard to somebody like Dolph Ziggler as he goes heel again and takes on all comers on his way to a real title run. Let Dolph kill Goldberg because seriously Fuck Goldberg. Just hearing him talk his bullshit always seems so annoying to me. He acts like god's gift to wrestling and then shits all over the business he thinks he revolutionized.

Quote Originally Posted by Repperton View Post
    Just hearing him talk his bullshit always seems so annoying to me. He acts like god's gift to wrestling and then shits all over the business he thinks he revolutionized.
    That I can agree on. And the fact he thinks his streak is one of the biggest things in the business is just really making me pissed because I sure as hell couldn't care about it because it ended 10 years ago, and as far as I know most people don't even remember the dude at all. Can't believe he said that a match with taker would be a huge thing because he's involved, and he always make negative comments on wrestling but at the same time thinks he's the biggest thing that have happened to it.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I think Goldberg was impressive for his time, he really gave WCW a big boost. That being said for some reason I am just not into him returning. The moment has passed for me, however others may still be interested in him.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

No. He's way past his prime and he doesn't care about the business at all. Not to sound harsh, but frankly, I don't see why people fetishize over him, or any other washed-up has been returning, when WWE (And TNA for that matter, which seems like a retirement home.) should be focusing on the young talent that's going to--or at least, should--carry them into the future.

He's still a bigger draw than most guys on the roster. I'd be open to him coming back even if he was on a Brock like schedule.
    It's showtime, folks!

Yep I would mark out massively to see Goldberg spear then jackhammer that awful imposter Ryback, say all you want about Goldberg but nobody delivered such a devastating looking spear and jackhammer, even at 46 years old he would still be miles better than that fraud Ryback, anybody see his match with RVD on Raw it was god awful and before people blame RVD he's been great against other opponents who can work.

He drew a lot more than a lot of these so called talent do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Manic37 View Post
    Yep I would mark out massively to see Goldberg spear then jackhammer that awful imposter Ryback, say all you want about Goldberg but nobody delivered such a devastating looking spear and jackhammer, even at 46 years old he would still be miles better than that fraud Ryback, anybody see his match with RVD on Raw it was god awful and before people blame RVD he's been great against other opponents who can work.

He drew a lot more than a lot of these so called talent do today.

i would selfishly mark i must admit if he came back. but the dude was just unsafe in the ring and while the above is very true its also because he was straight up football tackling the shit out of people doing little or none to protect the other guy.

tack on 10 years of ring rust and the dude may kill someone
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    tack on 10 years of ring rust and the dude may kill someone

Close enough.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Banned

If Bill come back he is wrestling Taker at WM. When I talked to Bill a year ago he told me it would only be against Taker. He told me that his and UT streaks are the biggest of wrestling and if booked right it would be a top box office draw

Goldberg can fuck right off.

King Kong Bundy is in the new game too and nobody's expecting him to come back, and the chances of that happening are actually higher than Goldberg coming back.

Never been a fan. His WWE run sucked and he had his head so far up his own ass that he thought he should be unbeaten over there too. If he ever did come back to face Ryback I'd hope for a complete squash with Ryback winning.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

If Bill come back he is wrestling Taker at WM. When I talked to Bill a year ago he told me it would only be against Taker. He told me that his and UT streaks are the biggest of wrestling and if booked right it would be a top box office draw

King Kong Bundy is in the new game too and nobody's expecting him to come back, and the chances of that happening are actually higher than Goldberg coming back.
    When's the last time he fucking drew money?
    It's showtime, folks!

Implying Goldberg would actually draw money either.

Lame argument to take there.

Goldberg would draw money, much more than King Kong Bundy. To say he wouldn't (regardless of in ring ability) is just blind.

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Wrestling fans' absolute refusal to let the past go never ceases to amaze me.

Goldberg vs. Ryback would be a garbage match anyway.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

More people are interested in seeing Goldberg Vs. Undertaker than Ryback. That's a fucking fact!
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    More people are interested in seeing Goldberg Vs. Undertaker than Ryback. That's a fucking fact!
    Yeah, but the opportunity cost of wasting an Undertaker match on Goldberg is way too high. I really don't care to see Goldberg do anything. Goldberg's streak ended 15 years ago. It's not a streak vs streak match, or anything close to it. I'm not gonna say "I'd rather see Taker face anyone but Goldberg" but seriously, it's a pretty long list of people I'd rather see fight Taker, and most of them are active wrestlers that aren't just looking for a quick payday.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

lol There's no appeal to a Goldberg/Undertaker match in 2013. Where's the drama? Goldberg's streak is long gone and so is his full time active career (and relevancy.) If this was the 1998 version of Bill Goldberg and he had the streak going, then a Streak/Streak match between him and Taker at WM would be HUGE but that's not the case. I wouldn't want to see a rare Undertaker match be wasted on a someone like Goldberg. I have no real interest in seeing Goldberg back doing anything period.

Like Triple H said a year or so ago, the only person talking about Bill Goldberg's return is Bill Goldberg. That's why if he does come back, the only match he's likely to get is against Ryback, a guy who at this point couldn't draw flies even if you covered him in shit.

Man, this thread makes me remember when WCW tried to do the streak a second time. And they literally had a 30 man Battle Royal, and he threw everyone over the top rope and they called it 30 separate victories. Then they put him in handicap matches which he'd win and they'd call it 3 separate victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Man, this thread makes me remember when WCW tried to do the streak a second time. And they literally had a 30 man Battle Royal, and he threw everyone over the top rope and they called it 30 separate victories. Then they put him in handicap matches which he'd win and they'd call it 3 separate victories.
    haha.

was this actually a thing?

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Banned

I'd be down with a cameo appearance from Goldberg that doesn't have any significant effect on any current storylines or angles. I was a huge fan of his back in the day. It's a shame we never got to see Stone Cold vs Goldberg. There were times during Goldbergs peak run that he was getting bigger reactions from crowd than Stone Cold, and he didn't have to rely on a zamboni or beer truck to do it.

I'd be down for a cameo.

Aside from that, I'm fine with my old YouTube videos and DVDs.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Banned

Goldberg jobbing to Taker would be fine to me. Might as well let Taker kill big names until her retires of loses at Mania. I don't believe the Goldberg character could beat the Undertaker but I do think Brock could. I'm ok with that too. Brock ending the streak would be just fine with me. I'd just like to see it go away.

Thread Information