Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first to turn?

Default Who will be the first to turn?

So the current Daniel Bryan storyline has us all talking, and let me just say it's been pretty awesome so far. All signs/rumors point to this actually being a longer than usual storyline, so it's only a matter of time until someone pulls the swerve, i.e. turns face or heel. So simple question, who will change sides first. The obvious choice for the smarks would be Big Show, but that almost seems too obvious for this storyline, but what do you guys think. I'll list, as best I can, everyone that has had a part in this storyline so far: Bryan, Orton, Big Show, HHH, Stephanie McMahon, Vince McMahon, Miz, Christian, Edge, Rhodes, and The Shield. Or will it be someone we have not seen yet?
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Default Re: Who will be the first to turn?

Apart from Big Show, I can't think of any likely candidates to turn in the near future. Can't see any of the main corporation guys turning face anytime soon, but I imagine The Shield will turn in the long-term.

If there is a turn, I expect it to be a face turning heel and joining the corporation: I wouldn't be too surprised if some random lower-carder(s) joins the regime to gain some status from associating with HHH and co, and to replace Rollins/Ambrose as the punching bag.

Big Show is the only obvious one. Cody is a chance due to "learning his lesson".

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I'm gonna say Miz.
    baboosh

I don't get why Big Show would turn. Is it really just because he's the guy that turns a lot? That's silly. They've already proved that they value sense making over traditional wrestling tropes in this angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
    I don't get why Big Show would turn. Is it really just because he's the guy that turns a lot? That's silly. They've already proved that they value sense making over traditional wrestling tropes in this angle.
    I think most people see it being Big Show not just because he turns like every 3 weeks or so....ok well that too.....but that storyline wise it actually would kind of make sense this time:

He's "broke" (pay no attention to his personal tour bus parked outside the arena) so he could ultimately choose the job security and paycheck to support his family instead of constantly fearing he will get fired.

They are portraying him on tv to actually being quite good friends with Stephanie backstage, and he always seems to give in to what she says no matter how much he wants to rebel against HHH.

It's supposed to be the "least expected" one that shocks people, and considering most people on a weekly basis (minus the IWC) start to cheer like crazy everytime Show teases punching HHH or one of the Shield members, it would be a pretty big shock to the kiddies if instead of helping Bryan, he layed him out and gave HHH a big hug. I wouldn't do it in the typical way though where Bryan is getting beat down and Show runs down and clears the ring and it's just him and Bryan in the ring together and he knocks him out, as that could be predictable. At some point, Show needs to start knocking out members of the Corporation, and probably have some tag matches with him and Bryan teaming up. This angle is going to last quite a while it seems so there is plenty of time to develop the relationship. Build the trust and have Show just turn and smash Bryan when nobody is expecting it. I hate even suggesting that WWE copy ANYTHING TNA does, but they could use a similar excuse with Show that Bully Ray used after having so many physical altercations with Aces and 8s members before joining them (everyone takes their lumps for the good of the common goal and that it was worth it to fool Bryan).

Bryan cashed in on Show to win the WHC. They could always say that is another thing he has been secretly pissed about this entire time.

Usually I am against Big Show being the one to turn (or Kane for that matter), because it happens all the damn time, but this time I think it might actually be pretty logical. Plus it would give Bryan another "impossible" challenge to overcome on the way to his ultimate payoff in the end.

How long until Shawn Michaels gets involved?

Banner Credit: Spike

I am actually not enjoying this angle, because it means that every week we have listen to the bitchy, shrill voice of Stephanie on TV again. I was so happy we hadt seen her on
    TV for years literally. Any now she's back on TV every RAW and in charge of being rude to people again. Kind of what Triple H has to endure everyday.....the poor guy!

I'm gonna say that Vince will be the first one to turn face.

Ill say ryback is going to joined them cause he needs a push

I'm gonna predict Vince McMahon is the one to turn, and he'll do it at Survivor Series costing team Triple H the match.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

If Big Show turns, the entire thing is a carbon freaking copy of the Johnny Ace angle last year. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Vince will obviously be a babyface by early next year.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Vince will turn face and reform the Union.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Please no Big Show turn, he's had too many turns in the past few years, we need a decent face run for him.

I'd like to see Cody Rhodes and Goldust to join the corporation because its the only way HHH will re-hire them, ultimately for them to turn face maybe throw in a few Dusty Rhodes appearances. Perhaps Survivor Series the Rhodes family vs The Shield.

Banner Credit: Spike

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I'd like to see Cody Rhodes and Goldust to join the corporation because its the only way HHH will re-hire them, ultimately for them to turn face maybe throw in a few Dusty Rhodes appearances. Perhaps Survivor Series the Rhodes family vs The Shield.
    I think Cody joining the corporation in any way would be stupid. When he comes back needs to have a character that isn't afraid to speak his mind against them as I think that would really help get him even more over as a face.

surrender

The Miz. His face turn has been a complete failure and he has a noted history with Bryan. Since they're not giving Bryan the title anytime soon, once Corpolution decides Bryan getting another shot isn't "good for business," Bryan will need somebody to bide time with and Miz would make sense.

Statistically speaking: Big Show
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    The Miz. His face turn has been a complete failure and he has a noted history with Bryan. Since they're not giving Bryan the title anytime soon, once Corpolution decides Bryan getting another shot isn't "good for business," Bryan will need somebody to bide time with and Miz would make sense.
    If they bring that shit up again, they might not be able to resist the temptation to turn Cole heel again.

In this instance, continuity might not be the best thing.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    If they bring that shit up again, they might not be able to resist the temptation to turn Cole heel again.

But with JBL there now, they won't have too.

that'd be awesome if Cole does the opposite and shows his support for Bryan by growing a beard out.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Unlikely in this instance: Cole hasn't been the Miz SuperFan for a very long time, and his character has been staunchly face throughout this whole thing. With JBL taking the tweener/corporate suck-up role on the booth, there's no need whatsoever for Cole to do anything other than what he is currently doing.

I may not want to see Miz turn (I think he has way more potential as a face than they've given him a chance to show), it may work out best for him in the short run. However, I don't see why any of the younger faces need to turn heel and join Triple H's cause: this is an incredible opportunity for Dolph, Miz, and Cody to gain much-needed traction as faces and rise up the card. Big Show could go either way, although I do not see him ever being enthusiastic in a heel turn for this storyline.

I don't really see why any heel turns are necessary either. They do too many as it is.

Bender

But SWERVE and UNPREDICTABLE and ... whatever other buzz words we 'rasslin' nerds use ...

Yeah. Vince is the one that turns. Likely at Survivor Series. I could see Vince helping Bryan beat Orton, right when HHH is about to go to ridiculous lengths to keep Bryan from the win, Vince comes out and opens the floodgates. Everyone unloads and rids ringside of The Shield, Ryback, Cesaro, Swagger, Sandow, Del Rio....Anyone else who HHH has on his side, and once everyone is chased away from ringside, Bryan nails Orton with the Busaiku Knee Kick for the win. Or better yet, makes him tap.

Thread Information