Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge competing at WM30 ??

Default Edge competing at WM30 ??

After what transpired on this past Raw is it indeed possible? Could we be looking at either Edge vs HHH, Edge and Christian vs. The Shield, or if they do a 6 man could we be looking a The Shield vs. The Brood?? What do you people think?

Default Re: Edge competing at WM30 ??

Edge's in ring career is over. He isn't allowed to wrestle

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

I highly, highly doubt Edge will ever be medically cleared to wrestle ever again given the condition of his neck. One bump could, quite literally, kill him.

Now, if by some miracle that weren't the case, that he did have "one last match" in him, I would love to see it. But even though I'd love to see it, I do not want Edge to risk it. It's just not worth it. His life is more important than our entertainment.

As much as I would love to see him back for one more match, I think it is pretty much impossible. He maybe a corner man for someone, however even then I don't think he would have any physical involvement.
    Last edited by Darkmania; 09-10-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Good god, what part of "He can never wrestle again" do people not understand?

One more match for us isn't worth 50 more years in a wheelchair for him.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Edge, Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and The Ultimate Warrior will all be competing in a special 6-man Battle Royal in the opener of WM 30.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    Edge, Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and The Ultimate Warrior will all be competing in a special 6-man Battle Royal in the opener of WM 30.
    With Special Guest Referee Eddie Guerrero, Special Guest Timekeeper Chris Benoit, and Special Guest Announcer Randy Savage, with God and Shawn Michaels (God only works with Michaels, after all) on commentary? I mean, as long as we're talking impossibilities here ...

I know I'm foolish, and I don't really desire to see it, but I still can't shake the nagging voice in my head that says he'll wrestle one last match.

Don't jump down my throat, I'm not asking him to get in the ring ... and I know he says he's done and while I sort of believe him, I just can't see it lasting.

The Ultimate Fic'er Competitor: Proud Member of Team RT
    • Round 1 Result: Survived, Team RT MVP (Rebooking WrestleMania XXX)
    • Round 1 Result: Survived (Promo, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Voices, they scream Mr. Canoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwh316 View Post
    After what transpired on this past Raw is it indeed possible? Could we be looking at either Edge vs HHH, Edge and Christian vs. The Shield, or if they do a 6 man could we be looking a The Shield vs. The Brood?? What do you people think?
    No...He literately can never wrestle again. He will never be cleared to wrestle his neck is so bad that one small fall could paralyze him. His retirement was legit

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    With Special Guest Referee Eddie Guerrero, Special Guest Timekeeper Chris Benoit, and Special Guest Announcer Randy Savage, with God and Shawn Michaels (God only works with Michaels, after all) on commentary? I mean, as long as we're talking impossibilities here ...
    How could you forget Owen Hart somewhere in there?

At the most I could see him being in Christians corner during a match but even then Edge couldn't do much physically and would absolutely not take any bumps. The guys neck is shot. He'll never be medically cleared to wrestle again.

I'd love for it happen but Edge is done. I think all that will come of last night is Christian getting involved in the corporate storyline which would be a good thing because he is another guy like Bryan that management never saw anything in.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I know I'm foolish, and I don't really desire to see it, but I still can't shake the nagging voice in my head that says he'll wrestle one last match.

Don't jump down my throat, I'm not asking him to get in the ring ... and I know he says he's done and while I sort of believe him, I just can't see it lasting.
    Are you really that stupid. It's doctors that say he CAN'T WRESTLE. One more match could have him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. It isn't just some storyline.

Owen didn't die, he went into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToastie View Post
    Owen didn't die, he went into hiding.
    Along with Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.

If I let Owen in, then I gotta let Test, Lance Cade, and Umaga participate in some capacity. And then it becomes a giant, unwatchable clusterfuck.

Long story short, NO EDGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    Long story short, NO EDGE!
    Maybe Edge will compete in an arm wrestling contest or something...

Why would anyone want this guy wrestling again with what can be done to him? Kind of cruel.

I remember watching HBK in 2002 at Slam(totally different scenario though) and that was bad enough I could only imagine the cringing that would happen with Edge in a match.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

All they're doing us using Edge to get Christian over because he can't get over himself.

Ah Screw it

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
    All they're doing us using Edge to get Christian over because he can't get over himself.
    Incorrect. They just haven't given him many chances to get over recently. He's been over by himself before.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
    Sad but true. Christian is really good in the ring and the fact that management sees nothing in him just makes me sick.

Banned

Edge and Steve Austins neck condition mirror each other. Unless Edge is full blown retard, it's never going to happen.

I love how certain people are talking as if they have all of Edge's medical records at their disposal. Don't get me wrong, I don't want someone one bad bump away from paralysis or death (if that is the case) to put themselves at risk but I am not going to jump down people's throats based on assumptions alone. Jerks!

On a side note... wasn't Bret Hart at the point where one bad strike to the head could end him but he still worked some matches somewhat recently? (not that they were great but you can't blame him for wanting to end his career on a higher note on WWE tv)...

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    I love how certain people are talking as if they have all of Edge's medical records at their disposal. Don't get me wrong, I don't want someone one bad bump away from paralysis or death (if that is the case) to put themselves at risk but I am not going to jump down people's throats based on assumptions alone. Jerks!
    I think you need to watch Edge's retirement speech again if you think this is all assumptions.

The guy said himself that he was told by doctors one more bad bump will put him in a wheelchair.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    On a side note... wasn't Bret Hart at the point where one bad strike to the head could end him but he still worked some matches somewhat recently? (not that they were great but you can't blame him for wanting to end his career on a higher note on WWE tv)...
    Don't recall Bret receiving any chair shots.

Thread Information