Thread: Why is Steph cashing in stocks every few months?

Default Why is Steph cashing in stocks every few months?

We’ve noted how Stephanie McMahon has cashed in many shares of her WWE stock over the past few months. She sold another 56,392 shares of WWE stock this past week, bringing in well over $500,000. - Prowreslting.com

Is all of her money tied up in these stocks? What's the deal here?
    " The wrestling world as we once knew is over. Gone are the days of normalcy. Gone are the days of conformity. I feel your pain. I am your opportunity for salvation. I'sn't time you come with me? For I shall set you free." - RAVEN

Banned

Default Re: Why is Steph cashing in stocks every few months?

Might just be the right time to sell them according to her broker. Maybe it's value is above average right now and she can make the most money. Potentially, they are looking at making major changes to how they do things or seriously committing to making new stars and when they flood the programming with no-names compared to guys like The Rock maybe it causes the value to dip, so she's selling higher and buying back lower. Maybe. I don't honestly know but I hope it is because it's new stars time!

I don't really understand stocks at all but it was explained recently:

Stephanie McMahon filed the following plan with the SEC on March 28, 2013:

On March 28, 2013, the Stephanie McMahon Levesque Trust u/a Vincent K. McMahon Irrev. Trust dtd. 6/24/04 (the “Trust”) adopted a 10b5-1 stock trading plan. The plan provides for the sale of shares of Class B common stock (“Class B Shares”) of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the “Company”) held by the Trust. Stephanie McMahon, the Company’s EVP, Creative, is the sole beneficiary and investment director of the Trust. Under the plan, beginning on May 15, 2013, a brokerage firm will be authorized to sell a certain number of Class B Shares periodically provided the price per share is above certain levels. The plan expires on January 31, 2014. The maximum number of Class B Shares that can be sold over the duration of the plan is 1,260,000 shares. Upon sale, the Class B Shares will automatically convert into shares of the Company’s Class A common stock.

The foregoing trading plan is intended to comply with Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the Company’s insider trading policy. Rule 10b5-1 allows individuals who are not in possession of material, non-public information at the time a stock trading plan is adopted to establish prearranged written plans to buy or sell a specified number of shares of a company’s stock. The foregoing trading plan contains certain pre-determined minimum price conditions in order for trading to occur. The plan provides for sales spread out over a set period of time with the goals of gradually diversifying the individual’s investment portfolio, while maintaining such individual’s compliance with the Company’s stock ownership guidelines and limiting market impact from such stock sales.

Transactions under the foregoing trading plan will be disclosed publicly through Form 4 and Form 144 filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, to the extent required by law.
    Adding up all the reports, she's acquired around $5 million in stock sales since May...
    Last edited by Miss HHH; 09-07-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

International expansion has tailed off over the last couple of years, so the company isn't really been improving profits year-on-year. Really, only social media, part-timers drawing on PPV, and the third hour of Raw, have been positive for the company over the last year (purely in relation to profit). It still pulls very significant profits obviously, it's WWE, but for the time being, the value in the company isn't going to rise.

I suspect what she's trying to do is something akin to selling stock for high value in 1993, when Hogan left, to buy it back at lower value a few years later just before the product spikes again.

Either that, or she is legit worried that the ship will sink without Cena.

Good observation Todd.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    International expansion has tailed off over the last couple of years, so the company isn't really been improving profits year-on-year. Really, only social media, part-timers drawing on PPV, and the third hour of Raw, have been positive for the company over the last year (purely in relation to profit). It still pulls very significant profits obviously, it's WWE, but for the time being, the value in the company isn't going to rise.

I suspect what she's trying to do is something akin to selling stock for high value in 1993, when Hogan left, to buy it back at lower value a few years later just before the product spikes again.

Either that, or she is legit worried that the ship will sink without Cena.
    Had you not made this post I wouldn't of gotten a single thing. But I always thought international expansion made the wwe profit even more, simply because now even if the American audience doesn't care about wrestling the rest of the world will. And I'm sure the international audience is bigger than the domestic one.

So how do you explain that?

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I have little to no knowledge of the stock market, but surely there must be rules against allowing high-level management who are responsible for and might be able to manipulate the company's performance, making trades like this in shares of their own company? There seems like a conflict of interest there.

From the article Miss HHH posted, the official line is:

The plan provides for sales spread out over a set period of time with the goals of gradually diversifying the individual’s investment portfolio, while maintaining such individual’s compliance with the Company’s stock ownership guidelines and limiting market impact from such stock sales.
    So she's spreading her risk around, but doing it over a period of time (and presumably after giving some sort of public notification) so as not to provoke some serious uncertainty in the market.

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I have little to no knowledge of the stock market, but surely there must be rules against allowing high-level management who are responsible for and might be able to manipulate the company's performance, making trades like this in shares of their own company? There seems like a conflict of interest there.

From the article Miss HHH posted, the official line is:

So she's spreading her risk around, but doing it over a period of time (and presumably after giving some sort of public notification) so as not to provoke some serious uncertainty in the market.
    Yeah that's my understanding. It has nothing to do with the WWE product.

She just acquired a lot of stock from Vince's trust plan which would add to what she already has, so they have to be sold off periodically so she doesn't have too much stock at once.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Jeeze. As if the ice princess needs more money.....

Another part of Helmsley's master plan.
    It's showtime, folks!

Thread Information