Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else kind of miss Cena?

Default Anyone else kind of miss Cena?

Hear me out here.

I for one am glad that Cena is taking some time off. I don't hate Cena, I find him entertaining "sometimes". But his character needed a break since it hardly gets any breaks. As soon as he left and the new corporation took over, it got me thinking, "man, sure wish Cena would come out and help out DBry." Then I thought to myself, wait, what the hell is going on? I for one have to give kudos to the WWE for making me think this. This is exactly what wrestling needs to be. I actually hate heels for a change. And I hate that Dbry is being pushed around. That leads me to Cena. I actually thought that it would be nice if Cena came back and stood up to the corporation.

Another thing is, we have never really seen Cena face this type of obstacle before. Would be interesting to see what Cena would do in such a scenario. Sure, he's fought stables like the Nexus and things like that, but never really Vince and a corporation type stable. Not to mention that he's never really faced heel Triple H (I don't count Triple H circa 2006, he was more of a tweener back then).

Just something I've been thinking about. The WWE has done a good job in making me wish Cena was back to some degree. And I hate them for it. I like it at the same time though. I still prefer Daniel Bryan any day over Cena, but I guess its the suspense that's killing me with the storyline developing so slowly.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

Knows he isn't welcome

Default Re: Anyone else kind of miss Cena?

I would not mind to have Cena around instead of some other people right now...

But the man, the character, and all of the WWE audience (both haters, fans and indifferent ones) needed a break, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Hear me out here.

I for one am glad that Cena is taking some time off. I don't hate Cena, I find him entertaining "sometimes". But his character needed a break since it hardly gets any breaks. As soon as he left and the new corporation took over, it got me thinking, "man, sure wish Cena would come out and help out DBry."
    I feel the exact same way.

Cena needed a break for a long time, but as soon he left and this storyline started, I wanted him to come out and be the hero so badly.

As I just said in another thread, his return will be a huge mark out moment for me. In fact, this time off may have been what they needed to get me interested in him again.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I need a break from him, and I am genuinely enjoying the WWE as a whole for the first time in years; in part because Cena is finally gone. Thank God.

I for one am glad he's not on TV any more. When he comes back he'll come back, so I don't really miss him much really.

Also the fact that when he comes back he'll be killing 2-3 pushes is definitely not making me optimistic. Let's face it, if wwe wants talent to step up to cover cena's place, then surely when he comes back they'll just either go back to being lost in the shuffle or buried.

Well, to put it simply I don't care if he's coming back or not but surely would be kind of happy if he came back not to automatically take charge of the wwe and main eventing wrestlemania without hardly doing anything. 2014 should be punk's big year, he wins the rumble and then main events wrestlemania and that would make his career complete. Cena coming back from injury after 4-6 months to main eventing wrestlemania is just ridiculous. Though he definitely should wrestle a match.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I don't like the fact that Cena isn't on the show, but I do like that the show doesn't revolve around him. I have a feeling if he was involved in this angle, we wouldn't be seeing all this cool stuff with the Big Show, and Triple H basically oppressing everyone's opinion in favor of...Cena promos.

Need a break and we must get at the very least a small change in his character, I am just ready for something, anything...

nope. not at all.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Another thing is, we have never really seen Cena face this type of obstacle before.

Sure, he's never faced "the Corporation" before, but he has faced an authority figure who has wanted him out of the main event scene because he "doesn't fit the mold" of what they feel a WWE Champion should be, and set up "hand-picked opponents" that he felt better exemplified what it means to be a champion.

And yes, almost immediately I thought, "I want Cena back to put an end to this storyline." But I kinda hate myself for thinking it. I mean, I like Cena. But I don't want this to be another storyline to put him over. I want other people to get the rub from this. The Daniel Bryans and Dolph Zigglers of the roster who desperately, desperately need to have a main-event spot solidified for them.

I do honestly expect every week that DB is getting beat down to hear Cenas music start up and have him running down the ramp for the save.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I cannot begin to express how glad I am that Cena is not around right now.

Nothing against the guy but his character does absolutely nothing for me and with there's no way the current angle with Bryan would be able to keep going without including Cena in it and we all know that once Cena gets involved in an angle it rapidly devolves into "can Cena overcome the odds for the 100th time?" and I really don't need to see that again. If this whole having Bryan get beat down every week thing is just to build hype for Cena to return as the savior i'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

It's showtime, folks!

The longer Cena stays away from the WWE the better the product will be. I hate all of these tweets he's been doing cause I know he's going to come back sooner than later. But hey as long as he's gone I'm going to enjoy watching wrestling again.
    People Power + Mizz TV = Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
    I need a break from him, and I am genuinely enjoying the WWE as a whole for the first time in years; in part because Cena is finally gone. Thank God.
    These are my exact thoughts. I appreciate what Cena does for the business and his fans, but I'd never been more tired of seeing him on my TV than I was this year, which is saying a hell of a lot, since I haven't enjoyed him in nearly six years. I needed a break, some of his own fans needed a break, he needed a break, and I think the rest of the WWE roster and creative needed a break, as well.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

Echo the general sentiment that an all-around break was a necessity.

That said, when he does return, sign me up for Cena joining the corporation and starting a new Two Man Power Trip with Orton.

To be honest, I don't miss him one bit. I am not a Cena hater(I am more of a fan), but I would even be okay if he never came back. I just think the WWE needs to have the show revolved around other people. I am beyond tired of Cena being the center of the WWE.

surrender

Banned

I don't care about an individuals make-a-wish contributions, work ethic with the WWE, or how much merchandise someone sells if they annoy the bloody hell out of me for years on end. And if that person is the poster boy and center of the universe for that company; good lord, I hope he never comes back. Fuck Cena. Good Riddance. As Stone Cold would say, OHHH HELL YEAH GOOD BYE! *MIDDLE FINGERS*

During the TV shows I don't really miss John Cena. Wait till a few PPV's and I'll give a truly thought out answer. Criticize the man for all the "can't wrestle" as you want, but last I checked some years ago that was considered a brawler type wrestler. And he's always been working on being better each year. His matches were always big no matter how small. And hes a company man who's willing to lose for the greater good and win when told to do so. Whether fans liked it or not, they knew when to expect either a story or a hell of a back and forth match when John Cena came to that ring.

So right now, NO, I do not miss watching John Cena week after week. But as far as PPV's, time will tell.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    SUMMER RAE > THE MIZ
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

You can still get your weekly Cena fix on the WWE's best TV show, Total Divas.

I am a big Cena fan, but I do think that the break is needed and well deserved since he's been going nonstop for quite some time now. At the same time though I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss him, the guy has been my number one favorite for years now so of course I miss him but again I do agree that a break was needed.

Banner & Avatar Credit: JV

I don't miss him. Now was the perfect time or him to leave for a few months because it gives Bryan his chance to take the role of top face and not have Cena saving him every week.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

What Jacknife said.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned

Heh, I suppose most of Cenas fans parents don't let their kids use the internet and this website.

I think I'll miss him a lot more in three months than I do three weeks later. He was incredibly stale after Wrestlemania, just because it felt like there was nothing left for his character to do other than be WWE champion forever.

I will say that it's weird seeing a top face consistently get beat down, and part of the reason I think people are starting to turn on the angle is because we're all so used to Cena overcoming the odds so soon that it's strange seeing the heels get the upper hand for any extended amount of time. It's another brand of reconditioning that WWE has to do with the fanbase.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

It's showtime, folks!

Thread Information