Thread: The Intercontinental Title at NOC

Default The Intercontinental Title at NOC

NOC is advertised as the night when all of the titles are defended. But they haven't even mentioned the Intercontinental title, because they're so focused on this Heyman crap. So is it going to be defended, or are WWE going to engage in false advertising?
    Last edited by thalbleib; 09-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Default Re: The Intercontinental Title at NOC

It's not on the line in the handicap match, because obviously they don't want Punk to end up with it or for people to think he could end up with it. But what I think will happen is that Heyman will somehow pin Punk, but then run for his life out of the arena. Axel will try to follow but someone will stop Axel and say that he has to stay for a second match to defend the IC Title since it is Night of Champions. Punk will then cost Axel the title. Think similar to NoC 2009 when HBK interfered and cost Y2J the IC Title to Kofi.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    It's not on the line in the handicap match, because obviously they don't want Punk to end up with it or for people to think he could end up with it. But what I think will happen is that Heyman will somehow pin Punk, but then run for his life out of the arena. Axel will try to follow but someone will stop Axel and say that he has to stay for a second match to defend the IC Title since it is Night of Champions. Punk will then cost Axel the title. Think similar to NoC 2009 when HBK interfered and cost Y2J the IC Title to Kofi.
    I can definitely see that happening.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Yeah, that should be great booking, question is who's going to win the title from Mr.less than average?

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    Yeah, that should be great booking, question is who's going to win the title from Mr.less than average?
    My choice would be Fandango. But if it has to be a babyface, Kofi or Miz just to get the title off of him. A Ryback IC Title run wouldn't be bad either. It'd be fun to see him bully people as champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    Ryder, maybe, to pick a dark horse? From what little I've seen of Ryder since he got the do-over, he seems to have gotten a lot more aggressive (And ironically, has become a much bigger jobber.) and he's wrestled some decent, albeit short, matches. If somebody in the back is pulling for him (Heyman, maybe? Or Regal? I hear both are influential with respect to creative aspects of the shows.), holding the belt could be a big opportunity for his career. And it wouldn't be wasted on somebody who WWE is in the process of pushing to the main event/who's career is floundering and has held the belt time and again (Miz. He should turn heel, IMO, but once this corporate angle is over, so he doesn't get overshadowed. And he needs to drop the figure four. Him using it is just weird.). I know it's not going to happen, though, so whatever.

Actually, Ryback winning is a good idea, but I was really thinking about the REAL tough guy winning it...

BIG E LANGSTON!

that would make me mark the fuck out, I love big e and him being champion would be great especially since he won against axel albeit by dq but looked strong, and delivered a big ending for the five count on nxt on axel which made me really happy. the fans there gave him the loudest pops you can hear, so him being a top babyface and getting over isn't going to be hard.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Thread Information