Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: General MMA Discussion Thread

Cereal Killer

Default General MMA Discussion Thread

Just saw the video on SI.Com with Tito and Rampage talking how working for Dana White is like slavery. I'll never understand why these two guys and you can throw in Ken Shamrock, have such issues with Dana. Is White abrasive? Yes Does he expect you to fight your ass off? Absolutely Did all three make a lot of money with him? Without a doubt.

Sounds like the two of them are trying to just get some press for Bellator/TNA, now that they can't do it in the cage anymore.

If a Mod could sticky this, it would be appreciated.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread

Like Prince made a ton of money off his record label but still felt like a slave to it.
    I am your God

Cereal Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Like Prince made a ton of money off his record label but still felt like a slave to it.
    Prince is the most talented mental patient in the world...plus, that wasn't his argument with Warner Bros. To top it all off, you don't make money selling records, you make money touring.

afterglow

Tito and Rampage are crybabies.

How many slave masters personally fly out to bail one of their slaves out of jail?
    Last edited by afterglow; 08-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Prince is the most talented mental patient in the world...plus, that wasn't his argument with Warner Bros. To top it all off, you don't make money selling records, you make money touring.
    you make the big money touring yes but in todays music business you can make more than a fair share without ever supporting your record with a tour. downloads and ringtone money made Flo-Rida a fortune without a tour. Not Madonna money but still.

If you don't think Prince had a problem with his label I would love to know who you think that was directed to. I could swear all popular accounts had his issue with his record label as the reason why he had the facial SLAVE.

That and he is wonderfully crazy.
    I am your God

Cereal Killer

you make the big money touring yes but in todays music business you can make more than a fair share without ever supporting your record with a tour. downloads and ringtone money made Flo-Rida a fortune without a tour. Not Madonna money but still.

If you don't think Prince had a problem with his label I would love to know who you think that was directed to. I could swear all popular accounts had his issue with his record label as the reason why he had the facial SLAVE.

That and he is wonderfully crazy.
    Oh he had a problem with Warners, but it wasn't about money. That is what my argument is/was.

Flo-Rida must have gotten a hell of a lot of downloads then, considering most artists (these are the known ones) make less than $.10 per download. Just like if you make $1 per record in your record deal, then you or your lawyer is amazing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rampage is a delusional sore loser. I take nothing he says seriously.

Tito and Dana White have had a rocky relationship for years so it's not shocking now that he's working for another company that he's going to take shots at White.

Has Couture trashed UFC since leaving? I don't remember him doing it. I know he and Dana also have an up and down past but Dana White seemed to really go for the jugular on Randy while Randy just more or less kept it professional after the split. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The Kid

People take shots at their bosses all the time when they leave. Tito and Rampage can talk all they want, but Dana and Vince are both rich assholes. The workers aren't as rich as their boss so obviously when they leave, they shit on them and it makes their new bosses happy.

afterglow

Randy Couture would've never been a "legend" had he fought his career in Pride.

Around 2000 in Pride, he would've never won the GP.

Coleman would've most likely wrestle fucked him.

He would've been beaten everywhere by Prime Big Nog in a ring.

Fedor would've killed him a ring due to the greco not working as well without the cage.

And that isn't even talking about 205. LOL

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Couture still worked for UFC
    I am your God

Cereal Killer

Nope, Liddell does

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couture is on Fight Master which is Bellator's version of TUF, so him and Dana have some heat right now to the point where Dana said he wouldn't allow Randy to corner his son in the UFC.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

PW'S 2015 WWE HOMETOWN HERO

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    Randy Couture would've never been a "legend" had he fought his career in Pride.

Around 2000 in Pride, he would've never won the GP.

Coleman would've most likely wrestle fucked him.

He would've been beaten everywhere by Prime Big Nog in a ring.

Fedor would've killed him a ring due to the greco not working as well without the cage.

And that isn't even talking about 205. LOL
    Interesting post that made me think a little. It's interesting to think how Couture would have fared in the 2000 GP. There were A LOT of fighters in that tournament that didn't stand a chance against Couture. I think Couture was a very bad matchup for Igor Vovchanchyn. Kerr holds a win over Randy in amateur wrestling, but he had fallen off pretty hard by the 2000 GP. Fujita might have given him some problems, but I'd probably still pick Couture to win that one. Coleman vs Couture in 2000 is a very interesting matchup to think about. The first thing that comes to mind is their fight in the UFC a few years ago(2009?). Couture beat Coleman pretty easily. Coleman in 2000 was a completely different animal compared to the Coleman we seen in 2009, not to mention the lack of steroid testing in Pride, so he was a real monster. Randy Couture schooled Kevin Randleman in their UFC fight in 2000 for the heavyweight title. I've always considered Randleman a more dynamic version of Coleman, with better striking(Randleman went through the three men that beat Coleman en route to the UFC title in 99-2000, Maurice Smith, Pete Williams, & Pedro Rizzo). Couture beat him pretty easily in 2000 so I think he could have handled Coleman in the 2000 GP.

I'd have to agree with you about Noguera. I don't see any areas of the fight that Couture could have beaten him in Pride. Would have been an absofuckinglutely epic fight though.

Fedor vs Randy is my all time MMA dream match that never happened. It was the ultimate USA vs Russia competition. The styles and personalities would have matched up perfectly. I'm not sure who would win this really. My heart says that Randy could have gotten it done, but Fedor could have definitely won.

Randy vs Wanderlei in Pride would have been another instant classic. Also would have loved to have seen him fight Cro Cop. I think Randy could have definitely held his own at 205 in Pride against guys like Arona, Rampage, Shogun etc. We're talking about the guy that completely dominated both Tito & Chuck in 2003 within a couple of months apart.

afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Interesting post that made me think a little. It's interesting to think how Couture would have fared in the 2000 GP. There were A LOT of fighters in that tournament that didn't stand a chance against Couture. I think Couture was a very bad matchup for Igor Vovchanchyn. Kerr holds a win over Randy in amateur wrestling, but he had fallen off pretty hard by the 2000 GP. Fujita might have given him some problems, but I'd probably still pick Couture to win that one. Coleman vs Couture in 2000 is a very interesting matchup to think about. The first thing that comes to mind is their fight in the UFC a few years ago(2009?). Couture beat Coleman pretty easily. Coleman in 2000 was a completely different animal compared to the Coleman we seen in 2009, not to mention the lack of steroid testing in Pride, so he was a real monster. Randy Couture schooled Kevin Randleman in their UFC fight in 2000 for the heavyweight title. I've always considered Randleman a more dynamic version of Coleman, with better striking(Randleman went through the three men that beat Coleman en route to the UFC title in 99-2000, Maurice Smith, Pete Williams, & Pedro Rizzo). Couture beat him pretty easily in 2000 so I think he could have handled Coleman in the 2000 GP.
    I believe Coleman was a better wrestler in MMA still at that point than Randleman, or anyone Randy had faced at that point.

I have heard that when Coleman and Randy use to spar way back during that period, Coleman would school him with his wrestling.

I think Mark's size and wrestling would be too much for Randy in a ring. In a cage it might have been a different story since Randy could push him against the cage, but that advantage is gone in a ring.

Randy vs Wanderlei in Pride would have been another instant classic. Also would have loved to have seen him fight Cro Cop. I think Randy could have definitely held his own at 205 in Pride against guys like Arona, Rampage, Shogun etc. We're talking about the guy that completely dominated both Tito & Chuck in 2003 within a couple of months apart.
    I think Wand would be a winnable fight for Randy, since he had the power to hurt Wand.

I believe in a ring, Arona would have been a really tough fight for Randy due to his own wrestling style.

Arona took down a much younger Dan Henderson when Dan was using his wrestling more. And did it pretty easily from what I remember. If he could do it to Dan, then i'm pretty sure he could've taken Randy down.

Add to that with Arona was his top game. When guys with good top games got on top of Randy, I.E. Barnett and Ricco, they finished him. So I think Arona could've control him on the mat.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bahahahahaha, I love hearing shit about Joe Warren. The dude is so cocky and is a shitty fighter and an asshole so I love the fact that they are saying now that his fight got cancelled because he got KOed in training.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Wrestling will continue to be an Olympic Sport.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TJ Grant gets the next shot at Pettis. I don't know, I smell at Matt Serra level upset coming.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a big fan of Pitbull but I did not see him finishing Diego Nunes in 79 seconds. Very impressive stuff. I think everyone pretty much expected Matyushenko to win so no surprise there. That's all I have to say about Bellator.

Tonight's WSOF card is pretty bland to me. Hoping Arlovski can get the win tonight. Not really interested in the Middleweight tournament and putting random Gracie fighters on these shows just because of their 'name value' just bugs me.

The big event tonight is the Mayweather/Canelo fight! I would love to see Canelo get the win but you can't bet against Mayweather so he's my pick. Would like to see Matthysse beat Garcia as well.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

afterglow

Anyone see Rolles Gracie get KO'ed last night?

It was the best thing next to Justin Eilers being KO'ed by Arlovski.

He got hit, turned around, wobbled, then did a Flair flop.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gracies will never do anything big in MMA again. Just getting fights off name value at this point.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Anthony Pettis has his first challenger and it's not TJ Grant! Looks like Grant will not be ready for December and Josh Thomson has moved up and will get his shot at the title. Matches announced lately:

Lightweight Title: Anthony Pettis (c) vs. Josh Thomson (WOWZA)
    Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald (SIIIICK~!)
    Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown (Condit should win but DAMN this has potential!)
    Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz
    Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig

Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall (Should be awesome, Jorgensen's first fight at 125)
    Edson Barboza vs. Danny Castillo

And that is just matches added to UFC On Fox 9! I know not all of these matches are likely to happen with how often fighters are getting injured but... holy shit! That is one awesome card.

Four Heavyweight fights announced lately too:

Soa Palelei vs. Pat Barry
    Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
    Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva
    Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Was big on Palelei returning to the UFC but his last fight was not the kind of fight that is going to keep him around, although he did win and did have a broken rib apparently. You can't have a boring fight with Barry, who is one of my favorites. Could see either fighter getting cut with a loss here.

I hope Overeem crushes Mir and Mike Dolce has said he believes he could get Mir down to 205... I don't see how, but it could be interesting. I don't like either fighter but I think I dislike Mir more here.

Will never root against Mark Hunt. I really wanted him to shock the world by beating Junior Dos Santos and getting a title shot. I hope he can beat Bigfoot here and have one last shot at an unlikely rise to the top.

I'm a fan of both Browne and Barnett but I think Barnett had his time at the top and it's time for Browne to shine. Some good competitive fights here, some that are hard to choose who I want to win and some that I'd like to see blowouts. I think I'd like to see Barry, Overeem, Hunt and Browne come out on top.

EDIT: Edson Barboza/Danny Castillo added to the already insane card up top. Barboza is a blast to watch always, even if his opponent is boring like Castillo.
    Last edited by Brad; 09-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

afterglow

I see Barnett taking Browne down and dominating him.

Browne looked like garbage against Reem.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP Ken Norton. I met the man and he was in great spirits and charming. We traded punches from the chair he was nearly confined to and laughed. He signed my book and I moved through the line.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    I see Barnett taking Browne down and dominating him.

Browne looked like garbage against Reem.
    Reem has some of the best knees in the business. No shaming in crumpling to them. And even at that he rallied to win. It wasn't a fight to hang your hat on if your him but at the very least he showed he can survive a bad spot and win.

And the Fox card is looking insane. This might be the best card they have ever done for Fox. I think Thomson upsets Pettis.

Kind of odd that Chad Mendes beats Guida and now he gets...Nik Lentz? I know Lentz isn't a pushover and is riding a 3 fight streak I think, I just figured he'd get a bigger guy like Swanson.

Thread Information