Results 1,726 to 1,739 of 1739

Thread: General MMA Discussion Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: General MMA Discussion Thread

MMA- or as I often see it- how not to guard your head.
    The foot travels 4 times the distance of the hand. It should be blocked every time.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    MMA- or as I often see it- how not to guard your head.
    The foot travels 4 times the distance of the hand. It should be blocked every time.
    It's not that easy to block it when it's being thrown by somebody skilled enough to set it up. I always had a rule with my kicks that I would never go for the head with one until the last round of the fight, always kept them to the legs and body early on, late in the fight dudes arms get tired and they get sloppy and they are so used to trying to defend the leg and body kicks that they drop their arms to block or try to catch, and then wham, Cro Cop to the dome.

Cro Cops kicks were great because you never knew where they were going, guys would expect it coming for their body and leave their heads wide open(Vovchanchyn, also you can see in that vid how Aleksander Emelianenko drops his hands expecting a body kick). Even when they would get their hands up to protect their heads he would float the kick over the top of their defenses and skim the crown of their skulls.

So much easier to defend your head in boxing/kickboxing with those big boxing gloves. MMA gloves are a little different.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-05-2017 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting the kick or punch or firing in combination is the big difference. Getting hit by an open kick is like getting hit by a wide roundhouse.

Setting is also deadly when it comes to spinning back fists. Whip one out and random and you're an asshat. Set one up and execute on it and you'll look good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody been following the recent Mighty Mouse vs Dana White feud? Basically the UFC nixed the idea of a TJ Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse fight because it wasn't marketable and he's pissed because the UFC never bothers their arse to promote DJ while forcing him to fight Ray Borg next. Cody pulls out of the Cody/TJ fight because of a back injury so Dana scraps the Ray Borg fight and now forces DJ to fight TJ only which is hilarious because they didn't want to do it because they didn't think it'd sell. Anyway, DJ agrees to it providing he gets paid his money along with TJ's if TJ misses weight along with the fight to be cancelled which doesn't sit well with Dana who is now claiming to the media that DJ signed the fight (to put pressure on him to accept it) and then claims he's ducking TJ which isn't the case at all, the lad just wants to get guranteed pay if TJ can't make weight for a division he's never been in.

And now Dana is threatening apparently to close the Flyweight division if DJ doesn't fight TJ Dillashaw. Throwing his toys out of the pram

DJ explains it better than me https://imgur.com/a/7H3vt

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only heard what has been posted on the internet, which is all over the place. I don't really know all of the details but I got to say I think it's kind a punkish for Johnson to be such a diva about the fight, it's not like he's being asked to go up a weight class, step up and scrap if your supposed to be so great. The dude doesn't draw a fucking dime, you could roll him around in shit and he still probably wouldn't draw flies. I wonder where he thinks all this money is coming from that he expects to be making.

Again, I don't really know what all is going on. I would be ok with them scrapping 125, that weight class never should have been in the UFC to begin with, they never should have killed WEC and just kept it for all these niche weight classes like 125 and women's 145(and would have been great to experiment with other weight classes like heavier women's weight classes etc), the fewer people running around with UFC title belts the better.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-07-2017 at 12:03 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mighty Mouse deserves to get paid and Dana is a cunt. Simple as that. Mighty Mouse is dropping bombs on the way the UFC treats certain fighters and ignore others and he's the fucking man for doing it. We've heard about this shit before but really no one has gone truly on record to talk about it, DJ has. Good for him.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with DJ on this....the least promoted star in the company by far. They do absolutely nothing good with him for what he could potentially be for the company. It's ridiculous how little they do with him.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Found a new Wanderlie Silva highlight vid on Youtube, this is a good one(maybe could have picked a better song though).

BANDALAAAAAY SILBAAAAAA!!! Man I miss Pride. Wanderlie was the fucking man. I watched a little bit of his rematch with Arona, the way Arona was scrambling to avoid being stomped and soccer kicked, man that's a real fight.
    They could have picked a better song, that was garbage. A large number of MMA fans really seem to be into shitty music. Then again I guess you can't have a silva highlight video and have "pictures of you" by the cure playing.

the UFC are looking like real assholes in this situation with Mighty Mouse.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Cody Garbrandt I was a fan of but this season of TUF is turning me against him hard. He's acting like a real dickhead bully to TJ and his trainers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there was a UFC show last night? Never heard anything about it until this morning. Starting to think new owners are not very good at promoting. Never heard anything about UFC 212 pay per view either.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seen a few things throughout the week about it but I honestly forgot it was even on last night until I saw a post about it on facebook, can't say I was overly arsed about missing it.

Agree with you about WME not being good at promoting cards, don't think they're doing a good job at making cards either since Joe Silva left. 211 has been the only real card this year I've cared about so far, well that and 209 until Khabib pulled out.

They've a card on next week with Holly Holm vs Bethe Correria which doesn't sound very interesting, think Bellators NYC card looks more fun to watch in two weeks though.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The UFC 213 card on July 8 is absolutely loaded at least.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    The UFC 213 card on July 8 is absolutely loaded at least.
    Just had a look - Nunes/Shevchenko, Romero/Whittaker, Lawler/Cerrone and Werdum/Overeem.

Good googly moogly that card has the potential to be insane

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    Also Cody Garbrandt I was a fan of but this season of TUF is turning me against him hard. He's acting like a real dickhead bully to TJ and his trainers.
    Don't be a mark bro, Ultimate Fighter is total pro wrestling fluff work, white hat/black hat. Cody G is the man. It's cute how one of the coaches on the show always has to be angled as the heel, Shamrock was a great one on season 3(the fighters reactions when he introduces a weight lifting coach on his coaching staff was priceless ), and Rousey on that one season(astronomical heat she got when she turned down Tate's handshake after their fight at the end of that season was epic).
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information