Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

  1. #1
    The Doctor mysteriofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Tardis
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,934

    Default What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Before D Bryan I'll admit I didn't really know who she was, then she randomly(?) got teamed with the guy and then he dumps her and BOOM suddenly we all love her or at least most people do, I'm sure there's some who think 'I hate AJ she sucks.' I dunno what it is about her but I love her, she's the only Diva I can say that actually interests me. I like the character she portrays, the promo's she cuts, the look she has, I think she's beautiful (she's all natural right?) and her in ring style. It was dissapointing it took them so long for the WWE to make her Divas champion but I'm glad that they finally did. BUT there's also something about AJ I like that I can't quite explain, it's the strangest thing. So what is it about AJ that you love?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

  2. #2

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    I love AJ because she is AJ, simple as that. Also because she loves lita and met her as a kid, that's enough of a reason for me.

    Thanks to Bender and Stefan.


  3. #3
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,574

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    For me it's a few things.

    She has the girl next door look which I really like
    She loves wrestling
    She hasn't been handed anything, she's had to really work hard for every little morsel which has to be admired.
    Even if you ignore all that, she's damn good at what she does, a really top talent.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

  4. #4
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,296

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Because she's one of us.

    She started watching at the same time as many of us who are also in out mid-20's started watching and became fans. She could have been some random poster here back in 2002 or 2003. We've all day dreamed of being wrestlers. She went out and actually became one. And she's now made it big.
    EAT. SLEEP. BAE JOHN CENA. REPEAT.

    /r/womenswrestling

  5. #5
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,608

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Because she's one of us.

    She started watching at the same time as many of us who are also in out mid-20's started watching and became fans. She could have been some random poster here back in 2002 or 2003. We've all day dreamed of being wrestlers. She went out and actually became one. And she's now made it big.
    She actually did post on wrestling forums.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    526

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Because you know she loves wrestling and isn't some fake diva trying to become a model. She really was a fan her whole life and it shows. Plus, she's sexy.
    Spoiler

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Because she's one of us.

    She started watching at the same time as many of us who are also in out mid-20's started watching and became fans. She could have been some random poster here back in 2002 or 2003. We've all day dreamed of being wrestlers. She went out and actually became one. And she's now made it big.

    Hey couldn't you say that about any mid 20's pro wrestler, i'm sure alot of them loved pro wrestling as kids and dreamed of being pro wrestlers.

  8. #8
    Cener Member The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,771

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manic37 View Post
    Hey couldn't you say that about any mid 20's pro wrestler, i'm sure alot of them loved pro wrestling as kids and dreamed of being pro wrestlers.
    It's more obvious with AJ than most. There's a clip of her crying her eyes out while meeting Lita in like 2001, there's the story of how she had the cheap seats at MSG for WrestleMania and promised her dad that she'd be in the ring one day, etc.

    She's certainly not the only one, but she may be one of the most passionate, and it makes for an especially great story when you bring her upbringing into the equation (she grew up homeless).

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  9. #9
    #Heel Zeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    It's more obvious with AJ than most. There's a clip of her crying her eyes out while meeting Lita in like 2001, there's the story of how she had the cheap seats at MSG for WrestleMania and promised her dad that she'd be in the ring one day, etc.

    She's certainly not the only one, but she may be one of the most passionate, and it makes for an especially great story when you bring her upbringing into the equation (she grew up homeless).
    Is this true? I didn't know that at all. Makes me like her even more.

  10. #10
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,547

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    The reason I became a big AJ fan was because I've always loved her matches and thought she is a really good wrestler. She is just recently getting more credit for her wrestling ability, but I've thought for years that she's been one of the best female wrestlers in WWE, she just didn't get to show it on a weekly basis (whether it was because she'd get little offense as a face or because she wasn't wrestling much). And a lot of times I still feel she is underrated by a lot of WWE fans as a wrestler. And aside from her wrestling, her character portrayals and mic work made me like her even more. She's very versatile and compelling when acting and cutting a promo, and I think that is part of the reason why WWE has given her so many opportunities. There is no diva in WWE that would have done as well as AJ has done in some of her storylines.

    And if anyone wants to see it, here is the video Champ is talking about:

    surrender

  11. #11
    Definitely. Untouchable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,359

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Even before I knew he backstory and the "real" AJ Lee , I just loved her personality , her natural charisma and the fact that I believe she is the most interesting woman and better than a lot of the men in the ring.

    It also doesn't hurt that for MY money , she is the most attractive woman on the roster.
    -Bender-

    2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year


  12. #12
    Eater of Worlds Vance Landow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,009

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Pretty much what everyone else has said. She WANTED to be a wrestler, she wasn't just some model or something stupid before wrestling.

  13. #13
    is too sexy for you milopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,971

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    If she wanted or didn't want to be a wrestler from an early age I could care less, I like her because she is good and entertains me both on the mic and on the ring.


    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    That video of AJ meeting Lita made me laugh so hard. I'm not a fan of AJ; she has her moments though.

  15. #15
    Eat. Sleep. Be John Cena Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,639

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    That video of her meeting Lita is so great, very touching stuff. Each time I see that video it brings a smile to my face.

    I like AJ like many of the other people in this thread have mentioned, because she grew up as a fan, she's very good at what she does and she's easily one of the more entertaining divas in quite some time. It also helps that she's very attractive with the girl next door look, and she has a great personality. Plus, she likes comic books and video games as much as many guys do.

    Banner Credit: Bender

    San Diego Chargers
    1-1

  16. #16
    Senior Member Werehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,139

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    If she wanted or didn't want to be a wrestler from an early age I could care less, I like her because she is good and entertains me both on the mic and on the ring.
    This is it for me. Everything about her being a life long fan and wanting to be a wrestler is good, but there are hundreds of people, if not thousands or millions, who could say the same and still would be horrible to watch. I like AJ because she brings everything she has to the ring and performs better than any other current Diva and most male wrestlers. I know that when she comes out, I'll be entertained and as a fan that's all I can ask for.

  17. #17
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,340

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    I have no problem with AJ Mendez the person, seems like a great girl with the right head on her shoulders and never forgets where she came from so to say.

    Her character has been very hit or miss for me though. I think she's good....when she isn't being pushed left and right and on the screen. Like right now, I think she's good in her role as the occasional valet and wrestler. I am not a fan of her title reign but that's more so on the writers.

    She went downhill after the Bryan wedding, as she was an absolutely awful GM character and got way too much airtime for my liking. Dumb decision by Vince to make her an authority figure as she got very annoying with her whole "I will screw you in spite, nothing more". It got to the point where some posters might remember I wanted Bryan at the time(Back when he was dealing with his insane problems) to snap at her and put her in a YES! Lock since he was a heel still at that point.

    She was almost as bad when with Ziggler as she almost dwarfed both Ziggler and Big E. at times back when Ziggler was trying if not was a main event guy. The Cena/Ziggler feud was pretty bad, in part because too much revolved around AJ. She was absolutely fun during the whole Bryan/Kane/Punk saga though and she was the best thing on TV at that point so I know how good she can be if in the right circumstances.

    She's good in small doses, its when she is overexposed where its the problem for me.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  18. #18
    The Doctor mysteriofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Tardis
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,934

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    I laughed at AJ meeting Lita as well actually, the reaction she gave when Lita said she could keep the pen I bet she still has that pen
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Mary,Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,635

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    AJ just has IT! she makes it so easy to get invested into whatever she does.





    Thanks Bender

  20. #20
    Senior Member Steeda90GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    That video of AJ meeting Lita was pretty cool...and made me feel old at the same time

  21. #21
    831 Goonie Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    I think it's great she has achieved her dream and respect her a lot for that.

    However, I don't like her character. I find her character annoying and could really care less about her on tv. Not to mention I want to shoot my ears off whenever her theme music hits. I can't really stand her to be honest.

    I may be a minority here, but that's just the way I feel.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

  22. #22
    is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    She's very good looking, great charisma, plays the crazy chick really well, best diva on the mic, and very good ring skills.

    Bender

    PW Accolades

    Spoiler

  23. #23
    is terrified. vendrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    That body is crazy adorable and she's got an equally adorable face and acts like a nut case. 3 things vendrell finds irresistible. Not to mention the girl has great mic skills and gets it done in the ring. She's easily one of the top 5 divas ever. I'd even throw her in top 3.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    She's very good on the mic. She really knows how to sell anything and everything she does. She's the girl next door but she's also gorgeous. I mean, she's always wearing those freakin tight jeans. Come on!! Lol she's hot!

  25. #25
    Senior Member sillyrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: What is it about AJ Lee that we love so much?

    For me, AJ represents somebody's little sister. Maybe, she's your own... She's cute, petite, spunky, bright, confident and a tomboy. Not to mention, she has a good sense of humor. She reminds me of a modern day Punky Brewster. Perhaps, I dig her because I was a fan of that TV series. Basically she's somewhat different from the norm. And she's excellent on the microphone and knows how to get her point across through use of her facial expressions and mannerisms.

    However, her character has become stale to me. She needs to feud with Natalya or Paige. Personally, I want Alicia Fox back in the title picture.

    She and Langston need to split now. Both of them must move on to bigger and better story-lines.

    As for her speech last week on Raw. I'd felt indifference about it. I mean, she just defecated on those women who were present. No apparent feud came of it. I wonder how she really feels about Layla or Tamina. Because the latter will kick her teeth in if she dared to say that to her face. I like AJ, but she isn't what I would refer to as intimidating as a competitor or as the women's champion. She looks like an underdog. Another reason why I wasn't sold on her speech from last week. I mean, she wouldn't want to irk Natalya either.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •