Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNA Makes Changes to the Bound for Glory Series

Default TNA Makes Changes to the Bound for Glory Series

TNA has made a change to the Bound for Glory Series because there is not enough time to complete the necessary 11 matches for each participant involved in the tournament.

TNA will now be running four matches on Impact this Thursday were the top 4 point leaders will comprise the final four, which will take place on September 12th. Currently TNA is advertising the matches listed below for Impact.

* AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode
    * Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels
    * Hernandez vs. Kazarian

If the company plans to run 4 matches, then another bout is likely to take place. TNA could also scrap the previously advertised bouts altogether and just have the top 8 point leaders compete in 4 matches.

Source: F4WOnline.com

The entire thing is a mess because time is running out and of the 11 matches that would be necessary for each guy in a 12 man round-robin tournament, the guys have ranged from four to six matches completed with time running out.

So they are essentially dropping everything, doing the four matches this coming Thursday, and ending it from there with the top four point getters going to the 9/12 final four show.

source: observer

tna have dropped the ball on Bound for Glory Series.

Default Re: TNA Makes Changes to the Bound for Glory Series

Wow, they can't even organise their own scripted tournament. Sad and embarrassing, but no surprise from these clowns.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

This company is a fucking joke. They had no trouble with this for 2 years. Now, it's all gone to shit. They literally cannot book their own fucking show worth a damn.

In order for every participant to fight every other participant, it would've spanned 37 matches. They had 37 matches left to take place. That is just pathetic.
    Last edited by Krimzon; 08-28-2013 at 08:52 PM.

This might be a dumb question but how can the BFGS go to shit now after 2 years of running smoothly has issues all of the sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This might be a dumb question but how can the BFGS go to shit now after 2 years of running smoothly has issues all of the sudden?
    Never underestimate TNA's ability to fuck up. For whatever reason, they didn't book enough matches.

Since we're doing a little TNA bashing. Impact is on Cleveland tomorrow and today Hogan was on the radio.

Only once did 'TNA' come out of his mouth. 'I was a bad guy here in TNA for about a year but, that was really it.' The rest he stroked his ego and didn't even mention the show tomorrow (the hosts did prior to).

This news doesn't help my chances of spending money on attending the show, that's for sure.
    Do I sound angry or something?

As a person in power Hogan is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It is messed up afte rall the time they dedicated to this it still wasn't enough. It was those free PPV taking impact time. Instead of doing the normal one on ones they usually do a gimmick match that doesn't count. The really should have dropped it down to 8 people which would be more manageable. For the most part, Kaz, Joseph Park, Hernandez, and Jay Bradley could easily be removed

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

If people wonder why others make fun of TNA, it's because of things like this. This seems like the equivalent of WWE somehow screwing up the Royal Rumble given that both things lead to a World Title match at the biggest event of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

I didn't mine the gimmick matches with a healthy mix of 1 on 1 matches. The free PPV's crippled this tournament. With that being said TNA could still fix it by changing a match or 2.

I don't see how the free PPV's could mess up the BFG Series considering tourney matches could take place at house shows... So, time shouldn't have been issue... They had plenty of it... Somebody just fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I don't see how the free PPV's could mess up the BFG Series considering tourney matches could take place at house shows... So, time shouldn't have been issue... They had plenty of it... Somebody just fucked up.
    The house show aspect of things is something that TNA dismissed. Man they are dumb.

I was looking forward to the Bound For Glory series, so I'm disappointed that they did not plan it out correctly.

They should just kayfabe it up and just give everybody the points that they were supposed to have at this time, and then just say everybody earned them at the house shows.

Better luck next year!
    My Chris Jericho banner is broken.

I still watch. I don't know why. F#ck you Hogan! F#ck you Eric! F#ck you Dixie (although I would actually like to f#ck you)...... Anyway, at one point this company was on such a roll. Sadly, it just cuts off its nose to spite its face. Time after time after time. Also, new X Division belt wants to be the IC title but fails... miserably.

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

Do news sites all get a kick out of putting TNA down or something? MEDIA (whether wrestling or non-wrestling) has a massive impact in the way fans feel about wrestling and it seems all they want to do is crap on everything. If the news sites had their way WWE would be the be-all, end-all of wrestling. No ROH, TNA, NJPW, that indy down the street from us all. Sad.

Maybe if TNA wasn''t such a shitty company giving news sites endless ammunition to fire at them with they wouldn't be ridiculed so much.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
    Do news sites all get a kick out of putting TNA down or something? MEDIA (whether wrestling or non-wrestling) has a massive impact in the way fans feel about wrestling and it seems all they want to do is crap on everything. If the news sites had their way WWE would be the be-all, end-all of wrestling. No ROH, TNA, NJPW, that indy down the street from us all. Sad.
    So are you saying that TNA doesn't deserve to get shit on for the monumentally stupid botching of their major storyline? Dirt sheets have nothing to do with people slamming TNA. Fans can see the bullshit first-hand by watching the product. It's easy to spot and pick apart. WWE isn't favored by dirt sheets either. Don't know where you got that notion.

At least wwe knows what they are doing dispite what some choose to think, so they are not affected deeply by dirt sheets because they know thy will always exist. But can't say the same about tna.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

If you look at a lot of the negative posts made in regard to TNA on this forum, you cannot deny a lot of it is pure attack. I cant say the last time I've seen a constructive criticism about TNA. The posts above include "This company is a fucking joke" "Never underestimate TNA's ability to fuck up." "If people wonder why others make fun of TNA, it's because of things like this" "Man they are dumb" that's not constructive at all. As soon as the company makes one mistake the haters hate. That is fact.

How many years have the haters said TNA would go bust? TNA is a private company that unless you are Dixie Carter you know fuck all. Again that is fact.

If you look at a lot of the negative posts made in regard to TNA on this forum, you cannot deny a lot of it is pure attack. I cant say the last time I've seen a constructive criticism about TNA. The posts above include "This company is a fucking joke" "Never underestimate TNA's ability to fuck up." "If people wonder why others make fun of TNA, it's because of things like this" "Man they are dumb" that's not constructive at all. As soon as the company makes one mistake the haters hate. That is fact.

How many years have the haters said TNA would go bust? TNA is a private company that unless you are Dixie Carter you know fuck all. Again that is fact.
    The reason you haven't seen many positive comments is not that many on the forum watch TNA or care to comment and TNA has been in the news a lot recently for negative things. A top star get a DWI and causes a major storyline to change. Massive releases. Forgetting to renew contracts. Not paying people on time. ECW probably did the same or worse but since the internet wasn't as big many people don't know. In this day and age of social media, everyone comments on everything they hear so one bad story can kill your image.

The examples you gave all came from one person. When only about 10 people post here frequently and one or more is pissed off it will seem like a lot more hate compare to the more active WWE section.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Constructive criticism? We're beyond that point. People offer constructive criticism all the time. Fact is that TNA has shot itself in the foot so many times that people have completely lost patience and hope. They're done with trying to "help" TNA.

We know TNA's ratings. Some have known their buyrates. We know the cost of running a live show as opposed to what they bring in. WWE itself spends over a million dollars per taping and only gets back half on the gate. We know the cost of taking a show on the road. We know that TNA is cutting people left and right. Whenever you cut talent that's involved in the top storyline...Well, it doesn't take much to understand that they've got money issues.

Okay, let me see if I can get this straight. When TNA does things that people find abhorrent, for example their treatment of Jesse Sorenson. When TNA does things that boggled the mind like the way AJ Styles had all that build flushed down the toilet or the way they fucked up the BFG series, we shouldn't be negative about it at all since we're just "purely attacking." We should just let all these errors fall by the wayside.

Where there's smoke there's fire, it's not like these events are months and months apart either, they're grouped together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

I've watched TNA for almost 10 years and this is 1 of the most mishandled things that was pretty manageable given the 1st 2 tournaments had house show matches. Yet TNA can't use logic to continue running things smoothly.

Yeah, I can't imagine why people would call TNA a joke or never underestimate their ability to screw things up. Perhaps it's because they have made a series of mistakes over the years, which is why a company that averaged 1.1 million viewers five years ago averages the exact same amount today at a much larger cost.

Yes, TNA is a private company, and no, I don't think they're going bust. But as somebody who has a fundamental understanding of how the wrestling business works, you don't have to see their internal financials to know that TNA has made some colossal mistakes over the years. And that's not even counting subjective mistakes like "They should've never hired Hogan and Bischoff because neither of them have made a positive impact on TNA's bottom line." The clear objective mistakes include:

- Moving to Monday nights to go head-to-head with Raw. They got massacred in the ratings, and had to run back to Thursdays, and fortunately had a network partner in Spike that was willing to accommodate them. That one move could've done a lot more damage to the brand than anything else they've done. It clearly established them in the television world and in the wrestling world as an inferior product, not an alternative product.

- Leaving the Impact Zone. Despite the issues many (including myself) had with some of the Impact Zone regulars, the bottom line is that you had two things at the Impact Zone. A building that was yours whenever you needed it at what was probably a pretty reasonable cost for the company given how long that relationship lasted, and a crowd that had a clue who your talent was. On the road, sometimes you have a crowd that paid to be there and knows who the wrestlers are, but it seems like that's happening less and less. Expenses have clearly increased with the road shows, and it's probably the biggest factor in the recent talent cuts. And the road shows haven't translated to increased ratings either.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

TNA might be a private company but many of their expenses are similar in nature to that of WWE (e.g. television, travelling, etc) and we can therefore make an educated guess.

Thread Information