Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name something that needs fixing with the WWE product that people don't often mention

Default Name something that needs fixing with the WWE product that people don't often mention

There's alot of good things happening in the WWE right now, and I'm loving it. However, there are things that still need to change, roles that need to be filled, people that need to be pushed or turned, and ideas that don't get mentioned. Some things we hear about all the time, such as Push Ohno or Move Smackdown to Thursdays, or make Raw 2 Hours...I personally think they've found their groove with the 3 hour shows.

This however, is the thread for the little changes that make a difference. The things that often go unnoticed. For instance, I think the WWE is sorely lacking a "fun" tag team. Back in the day, we had Too Cool (who were insanely under-rated), and the Hardy's. Don't get me wrong, I do think Tons of Funk are moderately entertaining, but they deflate the crowd as soon as they get in the ring. The Prime Time Players could be better, but again, a fun babyface team needs to be energetic and have larger than life characters. Often times, I feel like they should be pushing the Uso's as that team...they're fun, and good in the ring....giving them more outlandish characters and they could be this generations Too Cool.

Another thing that I'd like to see is midcard faces being given gimmicks. Val Venis, Godfather, Raven, Jericho, Latino Heat....they all got over because they were allowed to portray characters. Cody, Miz, Truth, and Kingston are struggling so much right now because no one has a reason to care about them. It's the same reason Orton couldn't cut it, and Sheamus, too. They are all given the same character, the clean cut babyface. They need roles to play. They need to be given the oppurtunity to push their characters to the max, and get over. I often wonder why they can't see this.

What are some things that you feel need changed?

Default Re: Name something that needs fixed with the WWE product that people don't often ment

Stop doing that awful pan of the crowd in the middle of vignettes and backstage promos.

Default Re: Name something that needs fixed with the WWE product that people don't often ment

These are taken somewhat from the pet peeves thread in general wrestling.

Stop the pointless catching someone backstage watching a tv seeing whats going on.

Stop kicking people out of the GM office and still showing exactly what is going on in there that wrestlers could just do the above and find out what is going on.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

More importantly, stop having GM "offices" that are obviously just curtained-off sections of the arena with random props. When was the last time you saw someone actually come into an "office" through a door, rather than just appearing from nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Stop doing that awful pan of the crowd in the middle of vignettes and backstage promos.
    I have never understood this. I think with very rare exceptions it can be used for a powerful dramatic effect. The Shawn Michaels via satellite speech he gave leading up to one of the Triple H vs Undertaker matches I believe was a perfect time to utilize it. They panned the crowd and it was dead silent with everyone standing on their feet watching, and it really gave what he was saying that much more importance.....like "wow, when he talks, people shut the fuck up and listen". But when they do it 3 times a show for random interviews like Big Show or Alberto Del Rio (random examples), it has zero effect whatsoever and is more annoying than anything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    More importantly, stop having GM "offices" that are obviously just curtained-off sections of the arena with random props. When was the last time you saw someone actually come into an "office" through a door, rather than just appearing from nowhere?
    I noticed a couple weeks ago Stephanie was talking to Brad Maddox outside of Vinces "office"/"dressing room" and it said "Dressing Room C" under Vinces name. I remember thinking "Damn, he owns the company and can't even get the A dressing room?" lol Then she opened the door a crack and squeezed into it so the camera couldn't really see inside it. I have no idea why I notice stuff like that

What I really want is for them to stop playing a wrestler's music if he randomly comes out to save or attack somebody. It is not like the wrestler tells the production crew he(or she) is about to run out there, so they get his(or her) music ready.

That has always bothered me.

surrender

I don't know if this is something that needs to be fixed but what I want to see them do is give guys that are weak in the mic but strong in the ring MANAGERS, guys like Armando Estrada, James Mitchell, Prince Nana can help guys that are missing that last ingredient until they can find it for themselves , hell no one would say the 4 horsemen were lacking in the mic, but they still had JJ Dillon.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Yes, there really does need to be more managers in the WWE. I miss the days when the WWE/F was filled with managers.

surrender

WWE could use more mid-card feuds between guys without titles like what they're doing with Miz and Fandango right now. It doesn't need to be a month long thing either, make it a 2-3 week deal that gets settled after a couple matches. Essentially give the filler matches some kind of story to make people care more about them.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SMolina! View Post
    What I really want is for them to stop playing a wrestler's music if he randomly comes out to save or attack somebody. It is not like the wrestler tells the production crew he(or she) is about to run out there, so they get his(or her) music ready.

That has always bothered me.
    Thats something that seriously needs to stop. I dont need to see wrestler A getting beat down by wrestlers b c and maybe d only for the music of wrestler e starting up as he comes to the rescue, its always been stupid. A major offender to this is Brock Lesnar. For weeks leading up to the start his and Punks feud, Punk would have Heyman in some situation or what have you. Lesnar would be coming out for the save, but first his music had to play and he had to bounce around the stage and pump himself up before he would charge the ring. Its like he is incapable of understanding the point of a run in.

Spoiler

I'd like RAW and SmackDown (and Main Event) to look more different. Maybe if they assemble the set the other way or something. I know they use blue lights on SmackDown, but that's not enough and actually looks annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SMolina! View Post
    Yes, there really does need to be more managers in the WWE. I miss the days when the WWE/F was filled with managers.
    I don't want there to be too many managers though. They have enough right now with Heyman, Zeb, and maybe they could use Booker and Teddy in that sort of role. Vickie was good at it too. Better than the GM gimmick.

That's another thing, we only need one GM, a Commissioner to "run" the shows since the brand extension is over. Especially now that the McMahons are on TV every week, Brad should run all the shows.

Wwe needs to do something with the womens divison but last night aj lee promo was epic so maybe wwe may be looking to change the womens divison

1> Build the tage team division( that means creating some rivalries that don't include the tag team titles)
    2> Put A.J. on tv with a mic more often
    3> Stopppppppppppppppppppppppppppp with all the WWE.com app nonsense! Nobody even believes that actual people are voting anyway! its stupid and pointless anyway

Quote Originally Posted by NoeticJustice View Post
    1> Build the tage team division( that means creating some rivalries that don't include the tag team titles)
    2> Put A.J. on tv with a mic more often
    3> Stopppppppppppppppppppppppppppp with all the WWE.com app nonsense! Nobody even believes that actual people are voting anyway! its stupid and pointless anyway
    I vote from time to time

Spoiler

You know, I've gotta give WWE credit, because a lot of the things I would've said three months ago are things they've really gotten better at.

- Renewed focus on midcard feuds and characters. Summerslam's undercard was loaded with midcard feuds with backstories and characters with clear-cut reasoning and actions. Hopefully they keep this going.

- Cut down on continuity errors, or at least acknowledge past events. I was concerned that they'd blow right through the brutal Orton/Trips feud, but they hit it straight away. Big Show's contract is the next one they have to hit.

- Utilizing social media as an extension of the product rather than the product itself. Sometimes they get caught up in shilling their social media platforms (Tout, the app, etc) that they forget to utilize the platforms and give people a reason to want to use them. They've done a much better job in putting up web exclusive content and building stories through social media before they get to television so people can really feel like they're subscribing to WWE's social media for a reason.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post

The lights, they need need to go back to being darker for entrances as it adds that bit extra.

If Kane fires the ring posts before the match he is guaranteed to lose.

Nothing better to see? MexicanMike's Avatar

They should either get rid of the WWE App (for match voting purposes) or make option A, B and C all viable choices that fans may want to vote for. Doesn't help when King is already screaming at you and telling you what to vote.

Well, they are allowed to vote as well, so obviously if king wants to vote for c he can scream it, not like they've been Doing it a lot any ways. Plus, who the hell is saying its not real? I'm pretty sure it is, I have the app and I have been voting a bit an it's not like wwe is locked on one scenario, they have that because they already planned what to do for each vote any way, and that's a nice thing because it makes for us being apart of t in a new meaning of the word and that's something I love about wwe. They are capitalizing on a lot of stuff and running them, they don't leave it for luck which is why they have more social media followers and even more social activity that probably any other sport or show.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    - Cut down on continuity errors, or at least acknowledge past events. I was concerned that they'd blow right through the brutal Orton/Trips feud, but they hit it straight away. Big Show's contract is the next one they have to hit.
    That's a huge one that's hard for me to overlook. In fact, if you watch the initial interview that Show did where he bashed Triple H, the one that caused him to be put in the handicap match with the Shield, he even says at one point, "I can say whatever I want, I have an iron clad contract." Yet, a week later, we're supposed to just forget about it.

One of my biggest pet peeves that doesn't always get mentioned has to do with the commentary on near falls. And I love Michael Cole, I think he's possibly the most underrated commentator of all time, but man, he needs to stop with the yelling that the match is over so as to make it incredibly obvious that it's not over. It's not just him, either; JBL can be bad with it too. It just ruins the flow of a match so much for me.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'd like to see them be less reliant on that central camera angle they use all the time when doing in ring promos. Get a camera man in the ring and move around a bit more. It must suck to attend live, someone is cutting an awesome promo and you have to look at the titantron to see their face because they're fixated on that one camera angle.

Id also like to see less online WWE unverse interaction and more crowd interaction during the shows. Let the unique crowd pick stipulations or comment on what they just saw. Each venue is unique. You'd get some great diversity if you left it up to local crowds. One city might want a street fight while another city might want submission only.

Just saw a promo online from Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero from 2002 just after Benoit turned heel on Austin , Chris and Eddie were only mid carders back then and were way ahead of anyone in the mid card now on wrestling ability, so WWE seriously need to strengthen up the mid card with guys who have been around the block, Benoit/Guerrero were veterans then.(Both mid 30's in 2002)

Keep the WWE App, make the reveal thing a quarter of the length it is now, and for god's sakes, don't give Lawler a reason to speak. DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM, HE MIGHT START TALKING MORE.

PS, do people complain about Lawler? If not, I'm complaining about Lawler.

Thread Information