Thread: WWE Interested In Top International Wrestler?

Default WWE Interested In Top International Wrestler?

- WWE officials are reportedly very interested in bringing current New Japan Pro Wrestling star Prince Devitt, who may or may not be contracted to the promotion.

The story goes that Adrian Neville (the former Pac) was signed by WWE because William Regal brought a tape of Neville vs. Devitt to Triple This led to WWE going right after Pac.

The interest in Devitt continues. His name keeps coming up within WWE in regards to names who they would like to reach out to.
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...KpWDCSloBw8.99

So who is this guy? He any good?

In other news:

- WWE has zero interest in any of the outgoing TNA talents right now. The feeling is that none of them bring anything to the table that WWE can't develop themselves with their own talents in NXT before bringing to the main roster.
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...5mk2HVkcVr2.99

Can't say I'm surprised.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Default Re: WWE Interested In Top International Wrestler?

Regal also tweeted him a while ago telling him to be careful about the stuff he put out on social media because that was what cost the Briscoes their contracts.

Devitt is amazing. Would be yet another superstar in WWE's ridiculously deep roster.

Devitt can definitely hold his own in the ring. Has stagnated in recent times to the point where he's one of the weaker workers in the NJPW main event scene but a change in company could do him the world of good. I don't think it'll take him long to adapt to the WWE style either - he's one of the more sports entertainment-ey workers on that roster.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Devitt is absolutely wonderful. He's easily one of the best WWE hasn't signed yet. The last I knew he was still contracted to New Japan, but he did several Indy appearances in 2012. He's easily one of the best of his size that can go against both superjuniors and heavyweights. For the last year, he's turned heel and been in the process of moving from the super juniors divison to the heavyweight divison.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Devitt can definitely hold his own in the ring. Has stagnated in recent times to the point where he's one of the weaker workers in the NJPW main event scene but a change in company could do him the world of good. I don't think it'll take him long to adapt to the WWE style either - he's one of the more sports entertainment-ey workers on that roster.
    I agree completely with Pete. He would adapt well. Him vs PAC (Neville), Zayn, Punk, Bryan would be great matches and he could even bring out the best in and make the fans remember that Gabriel, Bourne and Kidd are pretty darn good. Him and Zayn would have a great rivalry, IMO. He's not old per se, but at 32 he's not young either.

From Bender's Banner Shop Emporium and Deli

2013 Sports Empire Rookie of the Year

32 isn't young, but if he's signed now and has a long career (to mid 40s), he could work if he's that good.

I'd argue he is the real best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Not until KAWADA finally retires.
    He is really damn good, really good and NJPW probably know that there is interest from the E' that's why they have been pushing him so hard.
    When are going to get more Lucha guys getting signed.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Well here's the match that got Pac signed and got them talking about Devitt:

Devitt can definitely go in the ring.

-I still want Kota Ibushi. He's the last one I want who has a realistic chance.

I'd like to see wwe sign some guys in the 170-210 pound range and resurrect the lightweight or cruiser weight championship. Guys like Christian, Rey, Evan Bourne if he ever comes back, and alot if the littler guys who they do nothing with would thrive in the division. It would help ppv too if they'd have special matches for them like tlc matches or gimmick matches.

Hey TNA, I Don't see that glass Ceiling breaking yet...

I really don't believe the TNA report... Your telling me if Kurt Angle wanted to come back, WWE wouldn't take him?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
    I really don't believe the TNA report... Your telling me if Kurt Angle wanted to come back, WWE wouldn't take him?
    The guy currently in rehab?

Why do you think Kurt's remained in TNA this long already? If WWE really wanted him, they'd have offered him a deal he couldn't refuse.

As for re-establishing a WWE cruiserweight/light-heavyweight/junior-heavyweight division...NO! There's a reason why they've never worked in WWE before: WWE emphasizes entertainment, so you often get cruiserweights and heavyweights in feuds and wrestling against each other. If they had a separate cruiserweight division, you can't as easily make feuds that make sense and are interesting. Yes you get spotfest matches that might pop the crowd, but long term they don't work. Then you have guys in the CW division that deserve to go up the card and into the US/IC/World/WWE Title picture but can't break out of the stigma of being CW wrestlers and find it hard to adapt to wrestling heavyweights. Genius of TNA's X-Division was that as it had no weight limit, you could have guys who would officially be classed as too heavy to be CW guys still be able to compete but without the stigma of being a CW. Well TNA have ruined that now. And in WWE it would never work. WCW was renowned for having a great CW division but then people complained when guys like Eddie, Jericho, etc couldn't break out into the heavyweight division and US/World Title picture. How could they? WWE do a great job because they can have a few guys who are cruiserweights and who wrestle the CW style but they don't label them as such thus they can achieve more and be pushed up the card.

I think I'll download that match with PAC. I wish the Japanese offered a version either without commentary or with English commentary dubs. How many of you who watch Japanese stuff actually understand Japanese? It's bad enough listening to horrible English commentary but not being able to understand it either just gets frustrating to me. I'd mute it but then you lose ring noise which is even more annoying and hurts match enjoyment.

Fergal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post

LOL, can he deliver pipebombs on Punks level then, you need more than high flying skills to be the best in the world, ask Kofi that, nobody gives a sh*t about him, you need the IT factor and great mic skills and a connection with the audience like Punk has to be called The Best In The World.

Give me a Christopher Daniels/AJ Styles match over the ones above anyday, they are way superior.

Thread Information