Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official, I like John Cena.

Banned

Default It's Official, I like John Cena.

I don't know what happened.

Maybe it the fact that he destroys his body for us.

Maybe it was the heart he shows in the ring

Maybe it was that he has improved greatly in the ring

or maybe it was his over 400 Make-a-Wish

Cena seems to be a good guy, while I would not be caught dead in a Cena shirt, I'm ready to come out.

I love John Cena

Default Re: It's Official, I like John Cena.

So? Did this really need a thread?

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Good time for it.

Good for you I guess.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I couldn't give 2 shits how much effort he puts into the company; his character makes me feel like I'm watching an episode of Full House, and he reminds me most of Danny Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
    I couldn't give 2 shits how much effort he puts into the company; his character makes me feel like I'm watching an episode of Full House, and he reminds me most of Danny Tanner.
    That's funny, because at times he's shown himself to be about as vulgar outside of his onscreen character, as Danny Tanner is outside of his onscreen character.

So it's the perfect comparison.

John Cena always reminds me of Tommy Pickles from Rugrats for some reason.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the awesome banner

I'm tired of the oh Cena works so damn hard comments like nobody else works hard in their life and he's special or something, I think HHH works much harder as he has to work 24/7 being in charge of talent, recruiting performers and help with training them, work on screen too, help with storyline's and approve them, direct/produce creative, goto NXT tapings etc, he also has three children who i'm sure he would love to see more so he's making a lot more sacrifices for his family than John is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manic37 View Post
    I'm tired of the oh Cena works so damn hard comments like nobody else works hard in their life and he's special or something, I think HHH works much harder as he has to work 24/7 being in charge of talent, recruiting performers and help with training them, work on screen too, help with storyline's and approve them, direct/produce creative, goto NXT tapings etc, he also has three children who i'm sure he would love to see more so he's making a lot more sacrifices for his family than John is.
    Yes. This bothers me too. It's as if there's this assumption that Cena works harder than everybody else and everybody else is a bunch of shiftless layabouts. No. The WWE machine is creating a narrative, a narrative I don't buy into. I'm not saying Cena doesn't work hard, but does he ever work Smackdowns? Hardly ever. A lot of the guys on the roster work all the televised shows in addition to house shows. Where's the love for them? And they do it without receiving the glory that John Cena does.

I'm loving Cena at the minute, I think its the amount of screen time he got last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave Breaker View Post
    Yes. This bothers me too. It's as if there's this assumption that Cena works harder than everybody else and everybody else is a bunch of shiftless layabouts. No. The WWE machine is creating a narrative, a narrative I don't buy into. I'm not saying Cena doesn't work hard, but does he ever work Smackdowns? Hardly ever. A lot of the guys on the roster work all the televised shows in addition to house shows. Where's the love for them? And they do it without receiving the glory that John Cena does.
    And how many of those guys do even half of the PR work that Cena does?
    Credit to Bender for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Locuro View Post
    And how many of those guys do even half of the PR work that Cena does?
    Exactly. How many times have we heard about Cena arriving in a city for Raw and doing 3-4 appearances before the show. And while most of the WWE wrestlers now get their 2 days a week off to spend time with their families, where's Cena? Granting wishes, doing more PR, and being a true face for WWE outside the ring.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Banned

I hated Cena when I first started watching again and have become a fan over time,realizing I was just being a hater. He puts on decent to great matches consistently,the make a wish work he does is fantastic, and he's never stopped working until just now with his elbow(which he should've done a long time ago but he wanted to pass the torch to our favorite,Daniel Bryan).

I joined this board cuz it was the only wrestling board I could find that wasn't full of wishing cancer on Cena and sucking off ROH. Honestly if folks can tolerate Hogan and Warrior's 2 moves of doom that make Cena look like Bryan in the ring then they can tolerate Cena's good guy character. Say what you will but if I had kids,I'd want them looking up to someone like Cena.

Anybody who says Cena doesn't work harder then some is crazy. Cena, Orton, Bryan, all the main wv enters out more time with their characters, charity and all that stuff, that's why they're at the top and people like Ted Dibiasi who just left never will be, because they're satisfied with being average.

Hey TNA, I Don't see that glass Ceiling breaking yet...

So John Cena is everyone's favorite wrestler because he's a model citizen and Vince's #1 representative?

You do you Scotty P Leper Messiah's Avatar

Run Smash, run before the lynch mob shows up...

Anyhoo, while I've never been a Cena mark, I'd say I like the guy. He can be entertaining, and contrary to what most smarks believe, he can put on a pretty good much.

In fact, I think part of why I like Cena is because the Cena hate, after 9 years, almost 10, is redundant and monotonous. At this point, its over done.

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    In fact, I think part of why I like Cena is because the Cena hate, after 9 years, almost 10, is redundant and monotonous. At this point, its over done.
    There wouldn't be a reason to have hostile feelings towards Cena if they hadn't spent 9 years straight recycling the same crap with him.

There is no reason to have hostile feelings towards Cena.

You don't find him entertaining? More than fair, but hostile feelings?

There wouldn't be a reason to have hostile feelings towards Cena if they hadn't spent 9 years straight recycling the same crap with him.
    And yet, people still tune and watch his same old recycled crap. Ranting on the Internet rarely, if ever changes anything in wrestling. It definitely hasn't with Cena. Changing the channel during his segments would.

I think Cena is great for the company. I'll just leave it at that. I'm not a fan of his, and probably never will be, but that's not the WWE's problem.
    Last edited by Weezl; 08-27-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Exclamation Re: It's Official, I like John Cena.

Do I really need to point out the fact that the WWE has nearly a century of history before Cena came around, and many of those fans will watch it regardless if he's actively employeed and on tv or not? I'm not disputing Cena's success in the company, but that argument implies that he's the reason they are successful in the first place is inaccurate.
    I feel the internet under estimates its power sometimes. I get WWE has a devout following, but you see in cities like New York, Toronto, and Philly, the fans having a smark attitude, booing and cheer who they want. Usually, Cena's one of those that gets booed. Even with an overwhelming amount of, WWE still sold a lot of tickets and made money if those that hate him. There are enough fans that hate what they see, and could move the meter. I remember,being one of those that botched about WWE's product but still watched. They monitor the ratings at different segments, so WWE would take notice at some point.

I don't think there's any doubt that since the WWE hitched the wagon of all their fortunes to his back that Cena has busted his ass for the company.
    For me the question is why the WWE felt the need to pin all their hopes and dreams on one of their talents to the detriment of the rest of the roster.

I like John Cena because he's a good wrassler, and he was my number 1 favorite at one point. Now, he's easily the best heel on the current roster, even while injured and not appearing on TV.

I think it has become "fashionable" to hate Cena. I am sure a few of the haters do hate him with a passion while most are just doing there partto be in the Cena hate club. What is their to really hate about they guy. Let's see, he is a natural on the mic. I have never seen a promo by Cena in the last 8 years that felt scripted. He is totally relaxed albeit he is bit corny at times. Let's see, He doesn't have a Canadian Destroyer or a 360 in his move set. Okay,Cena is no worse than many of the men who have held the title in this regard.Men like Nash, Hogan, and even Triple h have had a small and rather predictable move set.
    If you don't admire what Cena does for Make-a-Wish then you have no heart and therefore your opinion doesn't matter.
    The final piece is that Cena is force fed down the fans throats by creative. Sure, like Austin, and Hogan before him, when the WWE brass finds there guy, they promote the hell out of him and look at the results. The WWE is really the only wrestling company in history to make household names of wrestlers. Hogan, Austin, The Rock and Cena were all made by the WWE machine. Don't hate Cena, hate McMahon for that.

Thread Information