Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early WrestleMania Match Predictions

Default Early WrestleMania Match Predictions

Here are my early WM match predictions:

A returning John Cena comes in to dethrone the WWE's most hated man Randy Orton

Daniel Bryan finally gets his revenge on HHH

Taker vs. Lesnar

CM Punk vs. Dean Ambrose (title for title)

Default Re: Early WrestleMania Match Predictions

Let's hope that this show is not main evented by John Cena vs. Randy Orton.

And I know people love Ambrose, but a midcard title unification match at Mania is an enormous step down for Punk no matter how you look at it. He needs to be involved in something big.

I think Bryan vs. Triple H is a must, and I think it should be for the title. Beyond that, I would like to see Cena vs. Taker, but I would be okay with the combination of Cena vs. Punk and Taker vs. Lesnar.

It's got to some combination of those six guys, though.

I genuinely hope the Rock isn't there, unless he's facing Orton. I could cope with that, but please don't waste anyone important on The Rock.

If Cena is the one who saves the day and dethrones Orton, I am done. For real. I doubt it will happen though..

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I genuinely hope the Rock isn't there, unless he's facing Orton. I could cope with that, but please don't waste anyone important on The Rock.
    If the last report I read on the subject is any indication, Rock will not be there.

Supposedly the merchandising department was told not to make any new stuff for him.

I don't have faith in WWE to hold off Bryan vs. Triple H until WrestleMania.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. 2014 Royal Rumble Winner CM Punk

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman

Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. John Cena w/ Vince McMahon

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    World Heavyweight Champion X vs. Sheamus

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I don't have faith in WWE to hold off Bryan vs. Triple H until WrestleMania.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    WWE Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. 2014 Royal Rumble Winner CM Punk

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman

Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. John Cena w/ Vince McMahon

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    World Heavyweight Champion X vs. Sheamus

What a boring match, if that's a main event expect a lot of cr*p thrown at it by those smark WM crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Manic37 View Post
    What a boring match, if that's a main event expect a lot of cr*p thrown at it by those smark WM crowds.
    I don't think it's boring. But I agree that it's the sort of match they'd poo-poo. But H and Cena have wrestled great matches together before.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Like The Champ says the main event just has to be D Bryan vs HHH for the WWE Championship, I really don't want them two to wrestle until WM 30, slow burning storylines are the best with a great payoff at the end, don't mess this up WWE and Bryan just has to come out the winner and WWE Champion with no screwy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I think Bryan vs. Triple H is a must, and I think it should be for the title. Beyond that, I would like to see Cena vs. Taker, but I would be okay with the combination of Cena vs. Punk and Taker vs. Lesnar.
    Just curious, as I woud like this as well, but who is the defending champ? Bryan or Trips? If its Trips how do you put it on him? Not gonna take it off Orton that wouldnt make sense. I also don't see Trips participating in EC.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Why couldn't he participate in EC?

Why couldn't he participate in EC?
    Why would he storylinewise? He doesn't have any beef with whoever the other particpants would be involved. It kinda only makes sense for him to have 1v1 matches. Maybe a 3 way with Orton and Bryan could work where he screws over Orton and takes the title that way but EC makes no sense to me anyways.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

I'm waiting for someone to predict a quadruple main event of Cena/Taker, Punk/Austin, Rock/Brock and HHH/Bryan.

I am in agreement that this Bryan story should slowly build and taking the title off Triple H would be a huge moment for him. The evil COO who robbed Bryan of his great moment tapping to him at Mania. If you were going to tarnish the moment of beating Cena clean at SummerSlam, it should lead to something big at Mania. I guess the only question would be how to get the belt from Orton to Triple H and what Orton would do from there. Winning it in EC could work. Put himself in it to try to assure Bryan does not become champion. Bryan could be double-teamed by Orton and H, take down Orton, only to get suckerpunched by H, adding more fuel to the fire.

I think Champ has it spot on.

Bryan/HHH is the must. Then either Cena/Taker and Punk/Lesnar II or Cena/Punk get their Mania match and Taker/Lesnar.

Yet again, that will be 3 matches that merit a lot of time, so you should be looking at a 7 or 8 match card (probably with that 8th match being a short Divas one). So you'd pretty much have 4 slots free with the likes of The Shield, Orton, a returning Sheamus, Del Rio, Ryback, Ziggler, Mysterio, Henry, Axel, RVD, Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, Big E., etc. vying for those spots.

Brock shouldn't be involved in WM again if he's losing.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B View Post
    Brock shouldn't be involved in WM again if he's losing.
    They're not paying him all that money so he can sit out the biggest PPV of the year.

So nobody else thinks that Cena is going to come back to dethrone Orton? I am fairly confident about this at this point, but apparently I am alone.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    So nobody else thinks that Cena is going to come back to dethrone Orton? I am fairly confident about this at this point, but apparently I am alone.
    It may happen, but I think it's the last thing any of us want.

If they're dumb enough to put Cena against Orton at Mania instead of Punk or Taker... well, they're just really fucking dumb.

It may happen, but I think it's the last thing any of us want.

If they're dumb enough to put Cena against Orton at Mania instead of Punk or Taker... well, they're just really fucking dumb.
    I think everyone is just using the "another Cena/Orton match" mentality. But I think this storyline could be a totally different ballgame. If Orton is built up as a monster heel for all of these months, then I think the Cena/Orton pairing could parallel something like Hogan/Slaughter years ago, where everyone was just dying to see Slaughter dethroned. And a newly returning Cena could be the hero again.

I don't have a problem with that from a story perspective.

My problem is that there are two WM matches with Cena that probably should have happened already, and they haven't because of the Rock series. Now, Rock is Rock and has a level of starpower that no one else does, so I can forgive that more so than Orton, who has never really proven to have been the draw that WWE has made him out to be.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post

I'm with you, or was at first... I was having trouble picturing how you get the WWE title into the HHH/DB match, but I like the idea above about HHH inserting himself into the EC match to "help make sure" Orton retains... only to end up winning the title himself by eliminating DB after DB eliminates Orton. I'd probably poop my pants if they ever did this, but I'd die a million deaths for an EC for the WWE title with DB, Punk, Cena, Orton, HHH, and Lesnar. But a lot of that also sounds like it could end up being convoluted booking... both in terms of storylines and that EC match itself. Therefore, I think it's simple/easier to just have Cena/Orton take care of the WWE title match and HHH/DB to settle their issues. Then just build to DB winning the WWE title again on the one year anniversary at SummerSlam 2014.

EDIT: Assuming the do do Cena/Orton for the WWE title... he's what I can picture for the rest of the WMXXX main events:

WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena
    HHH vs. Daniel Bryan
    CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar II
    Retirement Match: Undertaker vs. Kane

Undertaker's last match being against Kane is such a dumb idea to me, I can't fathom why anyone would want to see it.

I understand the history and whatnot, but why wouldn't we want Taker to go out with an all time classic match? And as much as Kane has been improved in-ring as of late, a match with Kane is not that.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

Didn't say I'd want to see Undertaker/Kane III (@ WM)... but, I mean, if we're getting other such fresh match-ups as Cena/Orton and Punk/Lesnar, why not?

Here are 3 matches I want to see at WM:

Bryan/HHH - WWE Title
    Undertaker/Cena
    Sandow/Rhodes - WHC

I am not sure what to do with Lesnar & Punk as I want their feud to end at HIAC 2013 in a HIAC Match. Also, don't knwo what to do with Orton.

surrender

The Undertaker Vs. John Cena
    Daniel Bryan Vs. Orton (c) - WWE Championship

These are the only two matches I am hoping will take place at WM right now that I imagine are possibly likely to happen. Also, Daniel Bryan deserves to finally win the championship at a WM. It would be perfect justice to make up for his title match history on that PPV.
    Best In The World

Spoiler

Bryan vs Orton is pretty unlikely considering that's already happening at Night of Champions and probably again at Hell in a Cell.

Thread Information