Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM Punk the Intercontinental Champion - Would They Do It?

Default CM Punk the Intercontinental Champion - Would They Do It?

"As noted, CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman is being advertised for Monday’s RAW. Word is that the Intercontinental Title may be on the line for this match."

http://www.prowrestling.com/news-on-...go-at-nxt-more

Default Re: CM Punk the Intercontinental Champion - Would They Do It?

Probably. Heyman did mention something about the IC Title during a promo on SD.

It's a step down for Punk but a step up for IC title. If Punk were to win the title I'd like to see him defend it in main events against both top level and midcarder talent.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

It would bring immediate credibility to the title. We need a champion that would bring the prestige of the Intercontinental Championship back into its proper perspective.

Punk as IC champion for a day is better than axel for eternity. Plus Big E as aiC champion would've been great and he does a victory against him on NXT after crushing the dude with the five count. But heyman before that made him get DQed.

As I see it though he'll win by DQ after heyman helps Axel retaining.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

It's a great way to bring credibility back to the belt and bring into the mainstream (so to speak) so I'd be all for it.

It could give the title a new start that it needs.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I wouldn't mind CM Punk elevating the Intercontinental Championship. He certainly has the ability, and the IC championship has enough history that fans could be convinced that it's a worthwhile title.

Besides, it seems like the WWE Championship is going to be reserved solely for Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan for the next 7 months, so Punk needs something to do.

No, they won't do it and they shouldn't do it. CM Punk is so far above the IC Title at this point that it would look stupid for him to hold the IC Tilte.

surrender

I could see Punk/Axel for the IC title happening at Night of Champions.

surrender

If Punk won the IC Title, wouldn't the belt be on the same level as the WHC ? Wouldn't the US title be even less valuable than it is now ?

Axel will beat Punk, even if the title is on the line. Some screwy finish, enhance the Punk/Heyman feud.
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Axel will beat Punk, even if the title is on the line. Some screwy finish, enhance the Punk/Heyman feud.
    OHNO!!! CM Punk will lose.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

The sad part is it would seem more valuable than the World Heavyweight Title

As the old cliche goes, Punk does not need the IC title, however the IC title needs Punk.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

It'd certainly raise the prestige of the title after Axel has done his best to make it even less relevant. A short Punk run before he drops it to a guy like Big E could do wonders for the belt's reputation. As long as Punk is feuding with Heyman and not just sitting inert with the title him holding it will uplift the belt and won't damage him at all so I don't see the issue with letting him carry it around for awhile.

That said I think he'll win by DQ and the innovator of silence will keep it for the foreseeable future.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Banned

The last time the IC title was valuable was when Orton had it. He beat plenty of main event talent when he had it. Although the title was at its peak when Santana, HTM, Savage, Warrior, Hennig, and hart carried it

IC title does need punk, it needs to have a meaning to it now and frankly seeing as the main event spot is wildly hogging with no one for punk and some others, I'd say why not? Back in the brand split you'd have the IC and the US championship as the #2 title in their brands, so why can't stars now at least bring a bit of that back by winning it? Remember back when michaels was fighting for the wwf title but still he wanted to hold that European title and be a grandslam champion, nothing wrong with that at all and punk can say he wants to do something like that and so do others and then the titles won't seem too washed up and serve a purpose and a cause. Like punk would then leave the IC title to be vacant or something, but like he only needs the us championship to be a grandslam champion, but like nothing wrong really would come when people like Ziggler and punk want to achieve everything there is to offer, it only makes te titles seem important enough for them I want.

Though, I agree that the way they present that want and cause is what makes people either think its a step down or a great thing for said wrestler.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    The last time the IC title was valuable was when Orton had it. He beat plenty of main event talent when he had it. Although the title was at its peak when Santana, HTM, Savage, Warrior, Hennig, and hart carried it
    Nah, the last time the IC Title was valuable was when Cody Rhodes had it. He made it actually mean something unlike every champ after him.

surrender

It would be an insult for Punk to win it. He's far above the belt now.
    It's showtime, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by SMolina! View Post
    Nah, the last time the IC Title was valuable was when Cody Rhodes had it. He made it actually mean something unlike every champ after him.
    I'm not so sure he did, I know you love Cody but they didn't exactly do a whole lot with him when he had it unfortunately.

Punk holding it would be completely awesome. I think it would help the belt and create a huge opportunity to put over somebody younger when it's time. And it's not like there's anything for him to do with the WHC or WWE title, so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Thinking about it,the fact Cena is out for a while does create oppurtunity to revitalize some belts. Have the IC and/or US belts defended on tv consistently against midcard guys. Continue Punk's best in the world mantra by having him challenging all comers to try and take the belt from him. Could have him and Ambrose feud and possibly unify the titles since Ambrose challenged all comers too. Would also give the Shield a big name guy to fuck with for a couple of months. Just think...Ambrose vs Punk ppv match in a cage with no roof or doors for the Shield to get through.

I wouldn't mind seeing Punk win it but if I had to guess, i'd guess that backstage they have the same view as some people do here which is that Punks above that title. Axel winning by DQ on Raw wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Why not have Punk win the belt and make it his own. Punk with the belt saying no one will take it from him would put this belt back to where it was when guys like Bret and Macho Man fought for it.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    It would be an insult for Punk to win it. He's far above the belt now.
    Unless Punk where to make it HIS belt. He would know there are two world titles out there. But this would be HIS belt. People up top would be deemed too scared to face the Punker. Fuck imagine if Punk held this belt for two years claiming no man could defeat him. It is the IC title, so not like this is not a real possibility. No one would care if it was a second tier title, they would just care to see who the man to take this belt from Punker.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Banned

He could have some 30 second squash matches against the likes of 3MB or Ryder. I can just picture him tapping out a Khali or Heath Slater quickly and then screaming at the locker room who's next!?!? You know Punk could do some great promos about it being the belt worn by Macho Man,Bret Hart,etc. Could definitely elevate the title so it's back to being a main eventer belt for those not in the WWE title picture.

Thread Information