Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

Default Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

I know I'm not the only one, but when Bryan lost the WWE title right after winning it I was pretty mad. Honestly, I thought it was a stupid choice on the part of WWE. However, after this past Raw, I'm thinking I might have been wrong on this one. I think I see a great "chase" storyline here. Some of the best storylines are part of "the chase." Whether it be the chase for a title or the chase of another wrestler, when done correctly the chase storyline is often the best way to go. And right now WWE has done a good job of positioning Bryan as the underdog, who has had to overcome great odds to reach the level he is. But once he reaches the top, or thinks he has reached the top, he and his fans realize the climb is not over. Personally, I really think we are on the brink of a great storyline here, and one that is almost a guarantee to have a huge payoff for the fans and for Bryan.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Default Re: Daniel Bryan's chase for the WWE title

I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt. I think the guy us good in the ring, but I hate his look, and his annoying yes and no chants annoy the crap out if me. I think wwe would be way more entertaining if they beefed up the I.C title hunt with Bryan, RVD, Ziggler, Barrett, and have Heyman sell out, join hhh and Steph, resulting in punk chasing after the title.just my opinion though

Ah Screw it

to me is the complete opposite, while I do like Punk I think Bryan is so much better in almost every single way.

I am cautiously watching this storyline unfold and they could lose me at any moment but I know for sure I will watch any matches that Bryan has.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I was mad, until the two promos that happened the following Monday, with Stephanie and Triple H. Those two promos were just epic with the style and energy that was used around it. I know the term is used very loosely, but it did feel like the Attitude era. Not because of blood, or violence, or swearing, but because of that feeling of larger than life. Because they built Bryan into a larger than life character by claiming he was everything BUT. It wasn't even a way to gain him sympathy, but to help the anger in the fans for taking something that meant everything to him. It was like how Vince tried to do everything to keep Austin from the title. It was damn near perfect. And I look forward to Bryan vs. The McMahons for the rest of the year (hopefully).

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I'm stoked for this. Bryan is exactly the kinda wrestler I can get behind; he is the perfect underdog. I think he has an awesomely unique look and persona that we've never quite seen before. He brings a potent level of intensity and passion to anything and everything he does. And finally, he's adaptable in the ring. He can do whatever he wants in the ring with whoever he wants to. He's that talented. There is no doubt in mind that he is the total package and fully deserves his spot.

Likewise, I think Orton, HHH and the rest are exactly the kinda people I can actually "hate" in professional wrestling. HHH is just so damn good at making you hate him. Similarly, while Orton isn't at HHH's heel level, he's no slouch himself. He oozes jackass. Tack on the new and awesome Shield as enforcers and they're also helping to groom new talent.

This is a clash I am giddy for. By the time it builds to the probable HHH vs. DB match at 'Mania 30, I'll be so ready for the Game to fucking tap. And to think, I thought HHH probably shouldn't do another 'Mania. I think this story necessitates it.

This storyline actually compelled me to tune into Raw for the 1st time, post-WM. Since I like elaborate storylines, with twists, turns & multiple characters involved. This breaks the mold of the generic "I'm the #1 contender and I'm going to take your title" storylines we've been subjected to for the past few years. I think by going this route, instead of a SummerSlam happy ending was a better decision & will help Bryan's character gain more sympathy as well as further develop. Adversity will give people more of a reason to get behind Bryan instead of great matches & "Yes!' chants. I hope WWE doesn't fuck this one up & I pray that Bryan comes out more over than when he entered into this storyline.

Unapologetic Rock, Bret, Warrior, Miz & Russo mark. So feel free to hate!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTaker77 View Post
    I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt.
    Who is "everyone"? Cena and Sheamus?

Punk's not hurt. Orton's not hurt and was a babyface a week ago.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I find it funny when random "rebel" fans have to state that they don't think Daniel Bryan is anything more than a mid-carder. ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Did any of you guys actually watch the Summerslam match and any of his appearances over the last decade in professional wrestling? The guy is the best in the world bar none! Annnnnnnyways, I actually think WWE sees this and are actually trying to capitalize on his momentum. Both Triple H and Orton's heel turns will automatically bump Bryan further into popularity among fans. He currently was the most over guy in the WWE and will be even more so considering how many fans actually despise both Triple H and Orton and even the WWE for stripping the title from Bryan. This is a monumental period in pro wrestling and we are all lucky to be witnessing such a period once again. Takes me back to elementary school when the attitude era was in it's hey day. Bryan's popularity harkens back to the days of Austin. Pretty awesome for a guy who's biggest criticism against him was lack of charisma! I'm absolutely stoked on this storyline and it makes me a proud wrestling fan. Something I haven't been able to say in years

Justin Valuable made this banner! YES! YES!YES!
    I Eat Cannibals

They will fuck it up. HHH despises the internet and Vince too, so get ready to be disapointed Bryan fans, because Age of Boredom is on a horizon. It has been 10 years since the last one, so it fits.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I hated the idea of Bryan losing the title at SummerSlam until Monday, and then I loved it.

This is the type of title chasing story line that Austin and Rock used to be involved in back in their best days.

If WWE can just remain patient and hold off on letting Bryan win the belt back until Mania, this storyline will be great.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

Like everybody else,I was pissed off sunday night. I knew HHH was gonna turn when I saw his pant legs were tucked into his boots. Then the match started and I completely forgot he was even there. In fact,I can't recall the last special referee match where the ref wasn't getting into it with the wrestlers during the match. Read Champ and Matt's posts which made perfect sense and calmed down. Raw happened and now I feel like I'm witnessing something incredibly special, like being at a Nirvana show right before Nevermind came out.

I was on vacation and I missed every episodes and PPV from May to August 19th Raw. I watched them all in two weeks and I was so suprised and glad to see Bryan's rise to the top. From his moments of greatness in the Tag Team division to his "quest" to prove himself. I really thought WWE would fuck up the whole storyline by not putting him over. Then I saw Bryan defeat Cena clean (which never happenned before, except vs The Rock) and I thought "How will they fuck that up ? I'm sure they will". Then I saw the obvious HHH heel turn and I thought "Well they did it".

But then I saw last monday's RAW and the last segment and like everyone here, I gotta admit that I was wrong. Let's see how the chase will go. There's a big chance Bryan's popularity will grow even more. I just hope he won't win the title too soon. The guy already has everything and is the hottest thing goin on right now, plus he's over with the fans like crazy

I know I'll take heat for this, but Im not a Bryan fan at all. IMO, he's a mid card talent at best, who's only in the main event right now because everyone is hurt. I think the guy us good in the ring, but I hate his look, and his annoying yes and no chants annoy the crap out if me. I think wwe would be way more entertaining if they beefed up the I.C title hunt with Bryan, RVD, Ziggler, Barrett, and have Heyman sell out, join hhh and Steph, resulting in punk chasing after the title.just my opinion though

Would be hilarious for the Bryan haters if HHH Vs Bryan co main event's WM30 with HHH pedigreeing Bryan for the win and saying "You'll Always Be A Solid B+", the message boards would be the most entertaining EVER!

Don't think HHH would be safe anywhere

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

I take it you never seen his epic career in ring of honor ? WWE is finally using him right after all these years.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

1) I knew that Bryan was going to win the title from Cena and then lose it to a MITB cash in by Orton. It was pretty damn telegraphed.
    2) I was not at all surprised. Everything that Steph said was spot on, even though it was scripted. I like Bryan but he is a short, goat faced, disproportionate little man. The guy looks like God made him from spare parts. Maybe he could be the face of TNA but he just doesn't work as the face of the E. He's a former World champion. He's technically a former WWE Champion. He's nailing a Bella twin. The dude is the definition of "over-achiever". Accept it.

No, he isn't an over achiever he's a hard worker. I bet people like punk never really stood out as someone who'll be as good as he actually is now right? And Mick foley, what about the dude? I dislike him but does that really make me think of hard it was to actually be a wwe champion not once, but three times where he never really had a hogan, sammartino, rock physique yet he was still a champion and like Bryan he worked hard still, and e got what he deserved for his work. Is the wee gonna make Bryan the face of the company? Who knows for now, but I am damn sure at least it would be nice if Weston focusing on one guy, and start focusing on a group of people to carry the load with.

Right now with cena gone we might see wwe realize that because don't give me that same old stuff you guys are saying, wwe was built in the godish physique, but over the years it had its fair success of smaller men, an also adapting with the time and starting little by little to change up what their main event guys should be like and rather accepting it as working with it. Cena is still on top, only now he is just there as a face while there others who are kind of smaller and not as strong but can certainly carry the load with him.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

I figure Bryan will win the royal rumble, them go on to beat Orton at mania for the strap. What would really be cool is if they had hhh as the guest ref, and Vince as enforcer, then they're cheating Bryan and all the sudden ultimate Warriors music hits and he takes out HHH, Bryan hits his move, then Vince turns face and counts Orton out.

Ah Screw it

I figure Bryan will win the royal rumble, them go on to beat Orton at mania for the strap. What would really be cool is if they had hhh as the guest ref, and Vince as enforcer, then they're cheating Bryan and all the sudden ultimate Warriors music hits and he takes out HHH, Bryan hits his move, then Vince turns face and counts Orton out.
    So Ultimate Warrior and Vince overshadow Bryan's big moment?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAvenger View Post
    They will fuck it up. HHH despises the internet and Vince too, so get ready to be disapointed Bryan fans, because Age of Boredom is on a horizon. It has been 10 years since the last one, so it fits.
    I mean, if the internet fans had their way, it'd be Punk vs. Bryan at WM and heel John Cena losing to Zack Ryder and also THE RETURN OF THE ATTITUDE ERA.

HHH and especially Vince know way better than internet fans.

Now apparently Bryan just winning isn't enough for anybody. He has to have that "perfect mania" moment for it to be successful.

Ah Screw it

Now apparently Bryan just winning isn't enough for anybody. He has to have that "perfect mania" moment for it to be successful.
    What reason is there to NOT give him a perfect Mania moment?

Ultimate Warrior running out there would take all the spotlight away from Bryan and put it on Warrior, and so Bryan might as well not even be in the match. I can't even believe that was a serious suggestion.

Bender

The end of Summerslam was one of my favourite endings to a show in ages. I knew a Bryan win was pretty much guaranteed, but after the bell rang I was hoping and hoping for Orton's music to hit. It had me in suspense, but I still got my happy ending.

I just can't stand Bryan and a main event scene with him in it isn't appealing to me. I know how good he is in the ring. I know how popular he is. You'd have to be daft to deny either of them. But I just can't stand him.

He's been an irritating little bitch for ages now. First when he ditched AJ, then through his whole team up with Kane, then his weak link pity party, then his promos against Cena...he's just a loathsome little weirdo.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Orton beat him again, but then I really just want him to GO AWAY.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

Well, Daniel Bryan isn't going anywhere. he's secured a main event spot for the next few years. He's currently the most popular guy on the roster & after this storyline will be even more popular. It says a lot that Daniel has gotten as popular as he is working tag matches & matches v faces. Now he's going against 2 hated heels in Orton & HHH. It's a whole new element for him. Love the start of this storyline & assuming it ends with Daniel Bryan making HHH tap @ Mania it'll do far more for him then the Cena win was. He deserves this & having 2 phenomenal heels in Orton & HHH going against him for the next few months will only make his need for revenge even stronger. The crowd reacts far more to Daniel getting screwed out of the title then actually winning the title & that's why this is so great

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

According to wwe.com the Bryan vs Orton title rematch is on for "Night Of Champions"
    I wonder how they will set it up? The McMahon's made it very obvious he's not going to be WWE champion, so why would Daniel Bryan think he has any chance of winning this time?
    I wonder if they'd go with a "No Holds Barred" stip and have everyone and their mother interfere to make sure Bryan doesn't win.

On a side note, it's cool to be a self proclaimed "Smart Mark" and actually be into a storyline on kayfabe level, feels like the good ol' days.

People keep talking about stretching the Bryan vs. Triple H/Orton feud all the way to WrestleMania but i'm not so sure about that.

If I were to hazard a guess i'd predict that he'll either lose at Night of Champions due to copious amounts of interference or win on a DQ and then beat Orton for the title at Battleground. After Orton fails you can then have Triple H decide to take care of Bryan himself at Hell in a Cell where he'll tap out to Bryan giving Bryan the victory and firmly establishing himself as the man. By then you can start having the new corporation start to fracture with Vince McMahon being upset at Triple H failing to take the title from Bryan that will culminate in a Survivor Series match between Team Bryan and Team Helmsley where McMahon turns on Triple H leading up to their feud at Mania. Bryan can move on to facing somebody else at TLC and the Royal Rumble (Dean Ambrose perhaps?) before going into a WrestleMania feud with the Rumble winner (either Cena or Punk) that will culminate in Bryan getting his big WrestleMania win.

I know people want Bryan to have his big Austin Winning at Mania moment but that seems like a long time to stretch the feud out to, to me at least.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Thread Information