Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the HHH and Orton hate?

Banned

Default Why all the HHH and Orton hate?

I think the guy has had an outstanding career. If he wasnt related to the McMahon's there would be no hate.

I think he does an out standing job and is doing what is right for business.

Even when he was a fulltime wrestler he lost when he should have.

As far as full time preformers Orton is the best thing going today. You all have to think even though Orton has been champion before he and think it should go to someone else is wrong. The guy is only 33 years old and won a championship before anyone else.

Default Re: Why all the HHH and Orton hate?

I couldn't disagree more that Orton is the best full time performer of the day. However, he is extremely unlikable, and that's why this storyline works so well.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

This is the stupidest question ive seen in a while "why all the hate". Because they have turned heel and the job of the wwe universe is to hate the heels.

Quote Originally Posted by bestintheworld3 View Post
    This is the stupidest question ive seen in a while "why all the hate". Because they have turned heel and the job of the wwe universe is to hate the heels.
    I think he means why does the internet community hate them, regardless of them being face or heel...

Easy answer for me: Wrestlemania 25.

In my opinion, Orton is levels below Cena, Punk, Brian, and I would even put the Shield ahead of him.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    Easy answer for me: Wrestlemania 25.

Yeah that atrocity got both men depushed imo. I've said it before I like HHH, but some of the HHHate he has brought upon himself.

Jericho/HHH also gives that Orton/HHH match a run for the worst Mania main event ever.

I also like Orton, but I see him as not living up to the potential I believed he had. Maybe its unfair, but I thought the feuds that would define this era would have been with Cena/Orton.

He's behind Punk and Edge in that category. I thought he would be Cena's Rock, but we saw the company went out and got the real one.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I personally think they are both much better than Daniel bryan.. It's funny because this whole storyline thing is kind of true.. Daniel Bryan should be at the middle of the card not in the main events. WWE really needs to find more main event caliber stars like HHH, CENA, Orton, Austin, Rock etc.

is Fan Fic's biggest bust Dazz Hands's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    I personally think they are both much better than Daniel bryan.. It's funny because this whole storyline thing is kind of true.. Daniel Bryan should be at the middle of the card not in the main events. WWE really needs to find more main event caliber stars like HHH, CENA, Orton, Austin, Rock etc.

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post

Yeah that atrocity got both men depushed imo. I've said it before I like HHH, but some of the HHHate he has brought upon himself.

Jericho/HHH also gives that Orton/HHH match a run for the worst Mania main event ever.

I also like Orton, but I see him as not living up to the potential I believed he had. Maybe its unfair, but I thought the feuds that would define this era would have been with Cena/Orton.

He's behind Punk and Edge in that category. I thought he would be Cena's Rock, but we saw the company went out and got the real one.
    In fairness, I don't think the main event of Wrestlemania was on Triple H, it wasn't a great match, but I don't think its the reason people hate him, it was just a bad situation, no one could follow Rock/Hogan, and he still had't gotten back into ringshape, it was a bad match, but not really anything to do with politicking or bad booking decisions (apart from the placing). On the other hand Wrestlemania 25 was a mess...and a burial, and its when he stopped being a favorite of mine to just an annoyance, so totally agree on that one.

I don't have a problem with Orton. He's been entertaining to me in the past, and I'm sure he can be again. He just hasn't had an interesting story in a very long time, so I haven't had a reason to care about him. He has been having some good matches lately though, and an interesting heel turn and newly formed alliance with the McMahons could make him worth watching again. If nothing else, he's an established heel for Bryan to beat up, and it's still an upgrade over Cena's staleness.

Triple H, on the other hand, does absolutely nothing for me. I don't like his wrestling style and he hasn't done anything good for the guys he's feuded with recently. If they want to make him McMahon 2.0 and have him send underlings after the new champion and just use him for promos, that's fine. But if they want him to continue being "Arrgh I'M THE GAME!" and dominate guys that he has no business even being in the ring with, I just don't want to see it.

Orton hurt himself early on with his out-of-the ring behavior. He also went to a darker character while Edge and Punk were more animated. Skill for skill and main event presence put together, I still think Orton is as good as anybody in terms of full-time heavyweights in WWE. That's why JBL says if build a current pro wrestler from scratch, it would be Randy Orton. But if Brock was there full-time, he would be my pick. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler to me are as good as anybody in the ring. Punk and Bryan are of course main eventers and Ziggler is well on his way. But they are cruiserweight sized guys. At times, WWE wants the belt on guys that can stand out from a crowd and be heavyweights, thus "fit the image". Of all the guys that "fit the image" and are full-time, Orton is the man in my opinion. Not saying he's as good as a Barry Windham in ring, but Orton can pretty much do it all in ring. And in a tall lean 6'5 package. Cause let's face it, in other fighting sports they do go by weight class. So even though WWE is entertainment, at times they want the belt on guys who fit the image and size build. But once again, I do feel guys like Bryan and Punk are the best total packages in ALL OF WRESTLING right now. In terms of "image guys", Orton has the best package of attributes. But in pure star power, Cena, Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Warrior have the mainstream charisma and of course fit the bill in terms of "the look". They are the most marketable and have the supreme superhero or movie star appeal. A lot of guys have the "look" but how many have the IT factor, mike skills, or charisma on the same level?

Because they're both boring.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    You all have to think even though Orton has been champion before he and think it should go to someone else is wrong. The guy is only 33 years old and won a championship before anyone else.
    I don't even know what this is.

Anyways Triple H earned most of the hate for him during his Reign of Terror and the fact that he went over the entire roster several times over before eventually giving up the title to Batista. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and him ending Summer of Punk 2 and his mediocre matches with Brock Lesnar haven't improved people's opinions of him.

As for Orton, a lot of people find him boring. His promos are slow, monotonous, and lacking in anything to make you care what he's saying and outside of his matches with Daniel Bryan lately he has a very formulaic style of wrestling matches that leads to them all being very samey. As a heel he was even worse slowing every match to a crawl in which his victories can be attributed to his opponent falling asleep long enough for Orton to get the 3 count.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Daniel Bryan should be at the middle of the card not in the main events.
    SummerSlam proved otherwise.

I couldn't agree more.

Well, unfortunately for you guys, it's pretty clear that WWE disagrees.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

What is Orton possibly than Bryan at? Besides having the look, obviously.

(^*-_-*^)

I think the storyline is fine at the moment.

Orton, while horribly boring in most every capacity, is basically the only guy that could be put into this position at the moment, and have it come close to working.

He had no real storyline until he got the briefcase. And still didn't have an actual program till he cashed it in.

He has a fresh start as a heel. And he won't be half as horrible as normal since he's fueding with Bryan. That and I see other people doing most of the talking for him. Which is great because his mic skills are horrible.

(^*-_-*^)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    What is Orton possibly than Bryan at? Besides having the look, obviously.
    Orton only has the look.

Bryan has everything else needed to be a top wrestler.

He actually has his own good unique look that helps him.

It's just not the same generic muscular tall guy that some think is suppose to be a main eventer.

Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    I think the storyline is fine at the moment.

Orton, while horribly boring in most every capacity, is basically the only guy that could be put into this position at the moment, and have it come close to working.

He had no real storyline until he got the briefcase. And still didn't have an actual program till he cashed it in.

He has a fresh start as a heel. And he won't be half as horrible as normal since he's fueding with Bryan. That and I see other people doing most of the talking for him. Which is great because his mic skills are horrible.
    They played it perfectly.

Orton is one of the most unlikable characters in WWE and he won't have to talk much. It works.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    Orton only has the look.

Bryan has everything else needed to be a top wrestler.

He actually has his own good unique look of his own that helps him.
    You're right. He's almost become a Mick Foley in that not having the prototypical look helps him stand out and become recognized. He's the underdog with heart and tremendous skill.

Orton has the look. That's it. But this isn't a beauty pageant.
    Credit: Bender

Banned

Josh...something...something...with...an...R...... ..K.........O....

(^*-_-*^)

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    You're right. He's almost become a Mick Foley in that not having the prototypical look helps him stand out and become recognized. He's the underdog with heart and tremendous skill.

Orton has the look. That's it. And this isn't a beauty pageant.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say Foley. Since thanx to his look he had to endure brain damage just to get into the main event.

Bryan just had to show he had tons of charisma and work like a mofo in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Well, unfortunately for you guys, it's pretty clear that WWE disagrees.
    Boo freakin hoo. I don't care who disagrees...and so far, we haven't seen how the big picture has turned out. Only thing we know, is that Bryan got screwed. HHH is heel. Orton is heel and WWE champ. I'm enjoying this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeda90GT View Post
    Boo freakin hoo. I don't care who disagrees...and so far, we haven't seen how the big picture has turned out. Only thing we know, is that Bryan got screwed. HHH is heel. Orton is heel and WWE champ. I'm enjoying this so far.
    And Bryan is the top babyface in WWE.

Sorry that that's so hard for you to accept, but it's reality.

Learn to love it, because it's the best thing going.

WOOOOOOOO!

HAYZE

Thread Information