Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Big Show question

  1. #1

    Default Big Show question

    Here's a question to those of you who have been following WWE for a long time and are good at remembering stuff like this.

    Seriously, how many times did Big Show turn heel-face-heel-face-heel-face-heel-face since starting with the company in 1999?
    I truly believe he holds some kind of record for most turns in wrestling history... can anyone tell how many times he turned?

  2. #2
    Has a Nice Earring Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,880

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Gimme a sec, I might miss one or two.

    Debut, Heel
    Turn face 1999
    Turns heel after losing WWF Championship 1999/2000
    Turns face to feud with Shane, does imposter gimmick
    Turns heel in 2002
    Turns face in 2004 after return to feud with Kurt Angle
    Turns heel in 2006 as part of New ECW
    Vanishes
    Returns as Heel to feud with Mayweather in 2008
    Turns face during feud due to Mayweather being an unlikeable cuntwhistle.
    Turns heel later that year as Vickie Guerrero's new client after Undertaker sent Edge to hell.
    Turns face in 2010 after KO'ing Miz, Jericho and Swagger.
    Remains face until 2012 when he returns from being 'fired' to cost John Cena his match against Johnny Ace.
    Turns face after return in 2013.

    I think I got it all.
    baboosh

  3. #3

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Gimme a sec, I might miss one or two.

    Debut, Heel
    Turn face 1999
    Turns heel after losing WWF Championship 1999/2000
    Turns face to feud with Shane, does imposter gimmick
    Turns heel in 2002
    Turns face in 2004 after return to feud with Kurt Angle
    Turns heel in 2006 as part of New ECW
    Vanishes
    Returns as Heel to feud with Mayweather in 2008
    Turns face during feud due to Mayweather being an unlikeable cuntwhistle.
    Turns heel later that year as Vickie Guerrero's new client after Undertaker sent Edge to hell.
    Turns face in 2010 after KO'ing Miz, Jericho and Swagger.
    Remains face until 2012 when he returns from being 'fired' to cost John Cena his match against Johnny Ace.
    Turns face after return in 2013.

    I think I got it all.
    Thank you, that's really quite impressive!
    So who's 2nd behind Show for most turns in history? Kurt Angle?(WWE/TNA Combined)

  4. #4
    Resident Jackass StunVKMcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Age
    36
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Big Show question

    I feel like I've heard this somewhere....
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

  5. #5
    #Heel Zeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,256

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    Here's a question to those of you who have been following WWE for a long time and are good at remembering stuff like this.

    Seriously, how many times did Big Show turn heel-face-heel-face-heel-face-heel-face since starting with the company in 1999?
    I truly believe he holds some kind of record for most turns in wrestling history... can anyone tell how many times he turned?
    A lot.

    But nah seriously, Falcone has done well to think of all the times - i wouldn't know where to start. It's happened so often.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    Thank you, that's really quite impressive!
    So who's 2nd behind Show for most turns in history? Kurt Angle?(WWE/TNA Combined)
    i would of thought kane would be 2nd

  7. #7
    PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockport, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Yes I was going to say Kane too. He's got to be second after Show

    ( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

    Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

  8. #8
    #Heel Zeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,256

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Jericho has had a few too hasn't he? Or maybe not as many as I am thinking...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Better than staying stale face for a decade with no signs of slowing down...I think that's what kept a lot of the greats (Rock, Hart, Taker, HBK, HHH, etc) someone tolerable for many many years....Cena is great...works hard...but he's had no dynamic to his character as the poster boy of the company

  10. #10
    We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,678

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Gimme a sec, I might miss one or two.

    Debut, Heel
    Turn face 1999
    Turns heel after losing WWF Championship 1999/2000
    Turns face to feud with Shane, does imposter gimmick
    Turns heel in 2002
    Turns face in 2004 after return to feud with Kurt Angle
    Turns heel in 2006 as part of New ECW
    Vanishes
    Returns as Heel to feud with Mayweather in 2008
    Turns face during feud due to Mayweather being an unlikeable cuntwhistle.
    Turns heel later that year as Vickie Guerrero's new client after Undertaker sent Edge to hell.
    Turns face in 2010 after KO'ing Miz, Jericho and Swagger.
    Remains face until 2012 when he returns from being 'fired' to cost John Cena his match against Johnny Ace.
    Turns face after return in 2013.

    I think I got it all.
    If you want, you can also throw in him temporarily turning face to go against the Shield at Mania, and then "turning heel" again.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  11. #11
    Balls To Be Different! Jihad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    P-Town, NJ
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Gimme a sec, I might miss one or two.

    Debut, Heel
    Turn face 1999
    Turns heel after losing WWF Championship 1999/2000
    Turns face to feud with Shane, does imposter gimmick
    Turns heel in 2002
    Turns face in 2004 after return to feud with Kurt Angle
    Turns heel in 2006 as part of New ECW
    Vanishes
    Returns as Heel to feud with Mayweather in 2008
    Turns face during feud due to Mayweather being an unlikeable cuntwhistle.
    Turns heel later that year as Vickie Guerrero's new client after Undertaker sent Edge to hell.
    Turns face in 2010 after KO'ing Miz, Jericho and Swagger.
    Remains face until 2012 when he returns from being 'fired' to cost John Cena his match against Johnny Ace.
    Turns face after return in 2013.

    I think I got it all.
    When he turned face in 1999, he joined the short-lived Union & turned heel again, once he joined Undertaker & Paul Bearer as part of the Unholy Alliance. Once Taker left due to injury, he turned face again.

    Unapologetic Rock, Bret, Warrior, Miz & Russo mark. So feel free to hate!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Big Show question

    I think Kane actually has Show beat by 1:
    0. Debuted as a heel
    1. Turned face in late 1998 after being betrayed by Taker/Bearer.
    2.Turned heel when he joined the Corporation
    3. Turned face in 1999 after being betrayed by Chyna at WMXV
    4. Turned heel in 2000 to feud with Taker
    5. Turned face in 2001 again to team up with Taker against Rikishi/Haku
    6. Turned heel in 2003 after losing his mask in a match with Triple H
    7. Turned face in 2004 after Snitsky killed his unborn child.
    8. Turned heel in 2008 (I forget why)
    9. Turned face in 2009 to reunite with the Undertaker
    10. Turned heel in 2010 to feud with the Undertaker again
    11. Turned face in 2011 to fight the Corre/Nexus
    12. Turned heel in late 2011 and attacked Cena
    13. Turned face in 2012 as part of Team Hell No

  13. #13
    Has a Nice Earring Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,880

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Kane turned heel to coincide with See No Evil too.
    baboosh

  14. #14
    RIP Test 1975-2009 JoMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PGH
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Here's a small question. How many times has Sin Cara been injured/suspended since debuting in WWE? I swear this guy can't last a month without getting fucked up. Was he this injury prone in Mecico?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Seems like a great time to bump this old thread. Add another turn to the list. Man, what a joke, fuck Big Show.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Big Show question

    On the brightside, now him and Henry can get back together as a tag team, and a heel team nonetheless.

  17. #17
    The Conquerer Slushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,022

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Paul Wight, the man with the most face / heel turns at 27 times in pro wrestling history!


    Heel - September 1995 (Enters WCW and starts a feud with Hulk Hogan)
    Face - July 1996 (Feuding with Hollywood Hogan)
    Heel - August 1996 (Joins nWo)
    Face - December 1996 (Demands a title shot against Hogan and gets kicked out by nWo)
    Heel - May 1998 (The Giant joins nWo Hollywood when Kevin Nash forms nWo Wolfpac)

    Face - March 1999 (after punching Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 15)
    Heel - Summer 1999 (Tags with The Undertaker)
    Face - Fall 1999 (Feuding with The Big Bossman)
    Heel - January 2000 (Turns on The Rock)
    Face - April 2000 (Shane McMahon turned on him)
    Heel - July 2000 (Re-joined Shane)
    Face - July 2001 (loyal to WWF during Invasion)
    Heel - April 2002 (turns on Stone Cold by joining nWo)
    Face - September 2004 (When signing a contract to wrestle Kurt Angle at No Mercy)
    Heel - October 2005 (Joined Kane to become tag team champions, and attacking Dave Batista)
    Face - December 2005 (Feuding with Hunter Hearst Helmsley)
    Face - April 2006 (Kane turned on him)
    Heel - July 2006 (Joins ECW and attacks The Undertaker with Great Khali)

    Face - February 2008 (Returned to WWE No Way Out after a lay off, lost a lot of weight)
    Heel - February 2008 (Turned heel immediately by attacking Rey Misterio)
    Face - March 2008 (Feuding with Khali)
    Heel - September 2008 (Saving Vicki Guererro from The Undertaker)
    Face - April 2010 (Turns on The Miz after losing the Tag Titles to the Hart Dynasty)
    Heel - May 2012 (Turns on John Cena to get his job back)
    Face - March 2013 (Feuding with The Shield)
    Heel - April 2013 (Turns on Randy Orton and Sheamus for not getting tagged in at Wrestlemania 29)
    Face - August 2013 (Helps Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fight off The Shield)
    Heel - November 2014 (turns on Team Cena)

    Last edited by Slushy; Today at 03:06 PM.
    It's showtime, folks!

  18. #18
    We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,678

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Quote Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
    Paul Wight, the man with the most face / heel turns at 27 times in pro wrestling history!


    Heel - September 1995 (Enters WCW and starts a feud with Hulk Hogan)
    Face - July 1996 (Feuding with Hollywood Hogan)
    Heel - August 1996 (Joins nWo)
    Face - December 1996 (Demands a title shot against Hogan and gets kicked out by nWo)
    Heel - May 1998 (The Giant joins nWo Hollywood when Kevin Nash forms nWo Wolfpac)

    Face - March 1999 (after punching Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 15)
    Heel - Summer 1999 (Tags with The Undertaker)
    Face - Fall 1999 (Feuding with The Big Bossman)
    Heel - January 2000 (Turns on The Rock)
    Face - April 2000 (Shane McMahon turned on him)
    Heel - July 2000 (Re-joined Shane)
    Face - July 2001 (loyal to WWF during Invasion)
    Heel - April 2002 (turns on Stone Cold by joining nWo)
    Face - September 2004 (When signing a contract to wrestle Kurt Angle at No Mercy)
    Heel - October 2005 (Joined Kane to become tag team champions, and attacking Dave Batista)
    Face - December 2005 (Feuding with Hunter Hearst Helmsley)
    Face - April 2006 (Kane turned on him)
    Heel - July 2006 (Joins ECW and attacks The Undertaker with Great Khali)

    Face - February 2008 (Returned to WWE No Way Out after a lay off, lost a lot of weight)
    Heel - February 2008 (Turned heel immediately by attacking Rey Misterio)
    Face - March 2008 (Feuding with Khali)
    Heel - September 2008 (Saving Vicki Guererro from The Undertaker)
    Face - April 2010 (Turns on The Miz after losing the Tag Titles to the Hart Dynasty)
    Hell - May 2012 (Turns on John Cena to get his job back)
    Face - March 2013 (Feuding with The Shield)
    Heel - April 2013 (Turns on Randy Orton and Sheamus for not getting tagged in at Wrestlemania 29)
    Face - August 2013 (Helps Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fight off The Shield)
    Heel - November 2014 (turns on Team Cena)

    My god.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  19. #19
    Never say never HardyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NOLA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Big Show question

    Big Show be like...


    WD4L
    Be a part of the rebirth... of VWA.
    Volatile Wrestling Alliance

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •