Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wyatts Are In, The Shield Is Out

Default The Wyatts Are In, The Shield Is Out

"The Wyatt Family is a major Triple H project right now and the feeling is that they’re getting ready for a big push, in a sense they’re being groomed for The Shield’s spot. There is a lot of talk about The Shield being moved down. With recent Triple H projects like Kharma and Sin Cara bombing, he’s likely going to go hard with The Wyatts."

http://www.prowrestling.com/why-trip...uts-attendance

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Default Re: The Wyatts Are In, The Shield Is Out

It's probably time to break up the Shield. Let em' go there separate ways. Ambrose, solo. Rollins/Reigns Tagging for next few months and then they can start their solo careers come say, January or February. Maybe a Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns triple threat match at Mania' with Rollins winning as a babyface and winning the US Championship. That could be a good way to go.

I never know how much stock to take in any of these reports , but if there happens to be any truth behind it than I will be saddened.

I'm all for the Wyatt's getting a push but would hate to see it at the expense of The Shield who have been great week in and week out since they were called up. Taking a back seat isn't the right thing to do for them , I'd much rather they just disband and go on as singles wrestlers as opposed to becoming a 2nd rate stable that can never get the upperhand on the WWE's stars.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

It's hard to take much stock in a report that appears to have been gathered from the main page. Both groups are awesome and one shouldn't be pushed at the expense of the other. All 3 members of The Shield are absolute stars, I just don't see that in Rowan, the other 2 are brilliant, just not that guy.

When they do break up, i'd love for Reigns to go face and have a breakout moment in 2014.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

I don't see why the Shield has to be pushed down in order for the Wyatt Family to thrive. I think the Shield still has some mileage left in them too - although they should start building up each member's individual characters, building towards a slow break-up. Would be sad to see the group disintegrate completely though, or drop into the lower-mid card.

Umm...aren't The Shield a Triple H Project?

This report is bullshit.

Just because WWE debuted a new three man group doesn't mean that they're going to bury the other three man group. More than one three man group can exist at the same time. 3MB weren't buried when The Shie...oh, wait - but they were always jobbers regardless.

The problem is that The Shield were pushed too strongly at start, and now that they've faced all the top stars, they have to start facing lesser guys, and they have to be less dominating, which is making them seem like they're being buried. They're not.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

WWE has dropped the ball with the Shield over the last couple months. They're stuck in a holding pattern: they haven't done anything new or interesting since winning the titles, and they're just doing a watered-down version of the same routine they've had going since their debut. What they honestly need is more promo time to develop their characters, and to enter into a real feud rather than "We attack one guy, two guys come to his rescue." They need to actually come out and take issue with a superstar or three, and explain what they plan to do and why.

I believe this report, because that's basically what's been happening. They're not being buried, but they've certainly been de-emphasized and de-pushed.

I think The Shield are still far better and far more interesting than The Wyatts. Sure, The Shield aren't as mighty as they were during their first few months, but that was inevitable. They are still one of my favourite things going in the WWE, mainly because of their unpredictability. Their music can still hit during any in-ring segment, and you know something big's going down.

I haven't been overly impressed with Bray Wyatt and co either. The Shield probably set my expectations too high by destroying every top star the WWE had to offer and looking awesome every time they did it, but The Wyatts pale in comparison. Their gimmick is unique and very original, but I don't find it especially interesting. Yeah, the entrance is cool and Wyatt's promos are weird, but I never get excited when their music hits like I do with The Shield. So far their matches haven't been great either, although I appreciate they have all been very short squashes. Potential, yes, but unimpressive so far.

Even better, the Wyatts vs The Shield

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    "The Wyatt Family is a major Triple H project right now and the feeling is that they’re getting ready for a big push, in a sense they’re being groomed for The Shield’s spot. There is a lot of talk about The Shield being moved down. With recent Triple H projects like Kharma and Sin Cara bombing, he’s likely going to go hard with The Wyatts."

Excuse me? People on the WWE.com message board blew up a poll they had for the Diva they would most like to see return about Kharma not being on the poll. She didn't bomb, they didn't know what to do with her.

Guess Erick Rowan>Dean Ambrose.

I do think Roman Reigns taking a Leakee on Randy Orton has led to the downfall of the group....gotta learned not to piss off one of the golden boys.

- Justin Valuable
    2x Biggest Homer(Biggest Heel) of the Year Award Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I'd quite like to see that, perhaps with the Shield as the faces (albeit in the edgy Stonecold/CM Punk mould, rather than typical babyfaces).

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    and you know something big's going down.
    That's just the problem I have with the Shield right now: I know nothing big is going to happen when their music hits. They'll either have the same predictable one-on-three beatdown they've had for nine months, or they'll be fended off in a fair fight and retreat into the stands. Right now, they're stuck in that "stand-in to face any random pairing of storyline-connected superstars" mode, like the Cena-Bryan-Orton match a couple weeks back.

WWE doesn't necessarily need to change the formula much; they just need a catalyst to get the Shield moving in the right direction again. (Although I wouldn't be adverse to a quasi-face turn, with the Shield targeting heels rather than faces.)

Whereas the Wyatts are starting slow and building up, and Bray's promos are mesmerizing. I don't really give a crap about his boys' in-ring exploits (their characters right now are sloppy brawlers, not much to write home about), but I do care about the storyline and character advancements that are taking place with them. They're going to build into a force to be reckoned with, starting this Sunday when WWE shows what Bray is capable of in the ring.

Banned

I don't believe this report one bit.

Although I was thinking quite a bit last night about where Wyatt is going. They're promoting the hell out of him. Personally, I'd love to see him have a first year similar to that of Mankind, another dark character for a guy who doesn't look like your average WWE superstar. And that means feuding with legends and eventually finding himself in a world title match on PPV. Would anyone else here like to see Wyatt challenge either Cena or Bryan for the WWE Championship sometime between Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble? Lord knows I would. And I don't think that's such an absurd thought right now.

Still, the Shield's not going anywhere. I feel certain of that. Too much obvious potential. Too representative of Triple H's developmental system.

People are already declaring the Shield dead and done and ready to split up.

Amazing.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

If they have to break up a group, make it 3MB. Keep the Shield. Keep the Wyatt family. Speaking of which, would anyone like to see a woman join the Wyatt family? Page maybe?

Shield vs Wyatt Family at Survivor Series. Losing team disbands. Wyatt family wins, and The Shield disband causing them to feud sporadically until they have a triple threat match at Mania for the U.S title.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Speaking of which, would anyone like to see a woman join the Wyatt family? Page maybe?
    No

Bender

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    People are already declaring the Shield dead and done and ready to split up.

Amazing.
    Those people are wrong. Shield, as a unit, has so much potential right now that WWE just isn't tapping into. I don't think they're dead. I think they're being wasted, because WWE is just auto-piloting them through the same scenarios week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    They should build toward this at some point down the line. What a feud it would be. Psychologically and match quality and throw in the cool entrances. I would keep both teams dominant and away from each other until after WrestleMania.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    Those people are wrong. Shield, as a unit, has so much potential right now that WWE just isn't tapping into. I don't think they're dead. I think they're being wasted, because WWE is just auto-piloting them through the same scenarios week after week.
    Which is what WWE has done with everybody for years. Why should the Shield be any different?

I love The Shield and even in their reduced TV time, they have been amazing.

Ambrose's promo on Raw was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wallaby View Post
    That's just the problem I have with the Shield right now: I know nothing big is going to happen when their music hits. They'll either have the same predictable one-on-three beatdown they've had for nine months, or they'll be fended off in a fair fight and retreat into the stands. Right now, they're stuck in that "stand-in to face any random pairing of storyline-connected superstars" mode, like the Cena-Bryan-Orton match a couple weeks back.
    You raise a good point in that The Shield's appearances only have one of two outcomes, but it still hasn't gotten old for me. When The Shield interrupted Mark Henry whenever it was, I popped. It's unconventional in the sense that The Shield don't often have fixed opponents and can target literally anybody at any time. This is something fresh to WWE, as the vast majority of feuds are localised between two wrestlers or two teams, and it's that freshness that makes me interested. Contrast that to the Wyatts, who are feuding with one guy in a pretty run-of-the-mill feud.

You also mentioned Wyatt's promos. His style is unique and captivating, but the words he says don't engage me at all. I know what he says is meant to be vague and confusing, but that simply doesn't appeal to me. If I don't know what the hell he's saying, I can't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post

Kharma never bombed. She happened to get pregnant during her build. And then what happened afterwards kinda lost her that spark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dazzler View Post
    Shield vs Wyatt Family at Survivor Series. Losing team disbands. Wyatt family wins, and The Shield disband causing them to feud sporadically until they have a triple threat match at Mania for the U.S title.

No
    Sister Abigail? They teased her in the intro promos!

How about they push both groups AND also push Sin Cara and bring back Kharma, they are all awesome.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Thread Information