Thread: EVERYBODY READ: The PW Crash Shelter

Default EVERYBODY READ: The PW Crash Shelter

Hi guys.

So, as you may have noticed, we've had a little server trouble here over the past few months. Most of the outages hit during major WWE events, and as such, everybody in this forum gets a little upset, as do I. Our parties get ruined on a regular basis, and we've been searching for solutions. We've had backup boards before, but for the most part, they're old, and the people who ran them aren't even around anymore. We've created a new PW Crash Shelter that will act as a true extension of PW for these extended outages, as well as acting as a backup for party nights when this place goes in the shitter at 8:12 and comes back at 2AM.

The following is Easy's announcement from OT...

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    So, here goes...

As many, if not all of you know and have been experiencing, whenever there's a PPV, or just a regular RAW, Smackdown, or Impact, PW's server has had trouble handling the load. It's aggravating, keyboard smashing and hair-pulling, all at once. Be it minutes, hours, or in some cases, days, we lose the ability to access PW.

I've done all I can do, as just the forums admin, I'm not given full access to some things. I've spent hours deleting and resetting everything I could, but it's not enough. So, along with the Mod team, we want to give you a place to go when PW's down, that is still PW. The rules, standards and staff will remain the same, we've endeavored to keep it PW-esque. It may take some time to work out all the bugs, but we give you, The PW Fallout Shelter.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_PW_Cra...lter/register/
    This isn't a new PW. This is a place to be used only when the mothership is down and out. Some of the features are a little different, but the people are the same.

So, my advice.

1. Register now, and bookmark the link. We'll try to put the link up on the @ThePWForums twitter account, but everybody might be sleeping or drunk, so don't take any chances.

2. Please use your PW name on the backup board as well. Helps us trying to make things as seamless a transition as possible.

I think this place going down for Summerslam is a pretty good bet, and I know that everybody's going to have a lot to say about that show. So let's be ready for the blast.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Default Re: EVERYBODY READ: The PW Crash Shelter

Yeah, people, listen to Matt.

If you want to discuss Summerslam with the people from PW, make sure to sign up and bookmark the board. I would be shocked if PW doesn't go down for Summerslam.

surrender

Banned

Registered. I doubt I will be here for the SummerSlam discussions as I will once again be going to it

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Great idea. Props to Easy and the mod team for this.

I also feel like it might be a good idea to not even try to have the SS party here, which would virtually guarantee a crash, and have whoever makes it (raises hand ) just post it straight to the backup.

Then maybe the people who want to post about something else can still access the real board.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I have just signed up to the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post

I also feel like it might be a good idea to not even try to have the SS party here, which would virtually guarantee a crash, and have whoever makes it (raises hand ) just post it straight to the backup.

Then maybe the people who want to post about something else can still access the real board.
    That makes sense. Maybe bump this thread on the day to post the link. The thread title can be slightly edited to say the thread includes details concerning the Summerslam Party.

The Ultimate Fic'er
    Pro-Wrestling FEVER
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Great idea! Finally somewhere to go with familiar faces. But why is there such a disconnect between moderators and the site owners when it comes to fixing PW? Do they just not listen to you guys or they just don't care?

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    Great idea! Finally somewhere to go with familiar faces. But why is there such a disconnect between moderators and the site owners when it comes to fixing PW? Do they just not listen to you guys or they just don't care?
    Both. They don't give a single fuck. It's quite tragic.

Well that sucks. Never a good idea when not one moderator has no control over the webpage they are moderating. Oh well I hope one day they don't just up and kill the forums.

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

That sounds like a great idea.

surrender

Looks like I might have to hire David Otunga as my attorney to take on the Mod team for stealing my suggestion.

But seriously, it is a really good idea to have a backup forum with PW's current state during PPVs. The old fallout shelter is way dated along with the creators hardly ever posting on the boards. Thanks a lot for taking your time to do it, Matt. It looks great.

I don't mind having the party over there. But it's probably not going to make a difference here. The way the server works, we get blasted because of PW.com traffic. The forums traffic really doesn't make that much of a dent, if at all. When everybody's furiously refreshing PW.com for their dazzling live coverage of shows, those hits affect us as well.

We can have a party ready to go at the Crash Shelter anyway. The way I think traffic will go for Summerslam, this place might be down by 2 in the afternoon that day.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Registered to the shelter.
    - Credit: Bender -

Banned

Is the PW Shelter also where we're gonna go when the next major hurricane hits or something??

It has been said before, but it needs to be said again. Why is this server such a pathetic piece of shit? Can't we find out the physical location of the site owners, and, you know, go to their address and fuck them up just a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    It has been said before, but it needs to be said again. Why is this server such a pathetic piece of shit? Can't we find out the physical location of the site owners, and, you know, go to their address and fuck them up just a little bit?
    Get help.

I think PW going down has been a blessing in disguise really. I'm sure I enjoyed Summerslam and Raw much more than I would have done if I'd been reading people's negative opinions on here.

You enjoying Raw ruined it for me

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I think PW going down has been a blessing in disguise really. I'm sure I enjoyed Summerslam and Raw much more than I would have done if I'd been reading people's negative opinions on here.
    Imagine if people were sheltered from spoilers and rumors. The negativity would most likely be less.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information