Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Ziggler out of the title picture?

Default Why is Ziggler out of the title picture?

Pulling him out of his feud with Del Rio right now when he's on fire is just asinine. The double turn at Payback warrants for this feud to go until Summerslam at least (with Ziggler taking the title back). Instead, he's in a feud with AJ (what is this, her third "jilted lover" feud in a year?) and Langston, who's a complete waste of TV time. And meanwhile, Del Rio's on his way to feuding with Christian, who's only been back on TV less than a month after spending most of the past year and a half on the injured list.

Seriously?

Am I the only one who can't see the logic in this move?

Special thanks to Just Plain Cunt for this awesome banner!

Default Re: Why is Ziggler out of the title picture?

Yes, cause Christian is awesome.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

You are, because you see Langston as a waste of TV time. Langston's a real good prospect, he's a big guy with incredible athleticism and good charisma.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You are, because you see Langston as a waste of TV time. Langston's a real good prospect, he's a big guy with incredible athleticism and good charisma.
    Really? Then I guess I'm missing something. Langston is boring as hell to me.

I'm assuming the Christian feud is just filler while the Ziggler vs. Big E/AJ feud is in progress. He'll put on a good match with Del Rio, maybe get a transitional title reign out of it, and once it's over I expect Ziggler to reenter the WHC title picture.

As for why Ziggler is feuding with AJ it's because he turned face and being aligned with a despicable heel like AJ just doesn't work in a black and white story like most of what goes on in WWE. So he breaks up with AJ because she's kind of a bitch and AJ being a psycho she can't leave it at that so she screws him out of the WHC on Raw which leads to the current feud. Just having Dolph and AJ split amicably and Dolph go back to chasing the WHC would be out of character for her so the current feud is needed to provide closure to the Dolph/AJ relationship angle.

I'll also echo Matt's sentiments in that Big E is in no way, shape, or form a waste of TV time. He's got natural charisma by the truck full and with his youth and natural talent he's got the potential to turn into a megastar one day.

Support the real Mr. Ass.

Is it totally out of the realm of possibility to think that he may still not be 100 percent from the concussion?

YOU WILL COMPLY.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Ziggler is out of the Title hunt because the WWE wants to build him up as a credible face first. I'd be more worried if he wasn't involved in an actual storyline.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Ziggler is out of the Title hunt because the WWE wants to build him up as a credible face first. I'd be more worried if he wasn't involved in an actual storyline.
    This.

And because it's logical for a partnership to feud after a breakup.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'll grow to like Langston after he splits with AJ, but he's gotta do something about that forehead. Poor guy looks like he's been hit with one too many bricks to the head.
    As for charisma, he's starting to show it bit by bit, and the guy is just a beast.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

With how dire the WHC scene is, Ziggler should have no problem getting back into it after he's done with Langston.

So Ziggler doesn't feud with Langston with the title on the line.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Whether it's a singles match or a mixed tag with Kaitlyn and AJ involved, I think Dolph and Big E could have a great PPV match so hopefully they get on the SummerSlam card. Dolph can return to the World title scene afterwards.

surrender

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not really into Ziggler. Of course, he's a good worker. I'm not denying that, I just find myself not caring and tuning out when he comes on my television screen. Different strokes for different folks, ya' know.

Dolph and Del Rio had about 10 matches, it was already getting stale. The feud with AJ and Big E is the perfect rivalry to establish Dolph's popularity has a face, because Big Lee are much better foils than ADR, and the results are already showing in Ziggler's pops.

I was under the impression Ziggler was doing fine as a face. Besides, he's been getting pops for almost a year now (remember the "Let's Go Ziggler" chants during his match with Sheamus at NWO?).

As for AJ, she seemed so damn preoccupied with Kaitlyn the past month I'd almost forgotten she and Dolph were still dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilslimshady View Post
    I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not really into Ziggler. Of course, he's a good worker. I'm not denying that, I just find myself not caring and tuning out when he comes on my television screen. Different strokes for different folks, ya' know.
    I totally agree with you. Ziggler is good, but he just doesn't click with me and I find him to be boring. I also, find ADR boring, so I am glad they are not feuding anymore.

I really like Christian and am becoming a big fan of Big E, so I am glad that ADR is going to feud with Christian and Ziggler is feuding with Big Lee.

With that said, I am sure Ziggler will get back in the WHC picture after he is done feuding with Big Lee.

surrender

I stopped reading at "Langston, a complete waste of time..."

Well, at least for anyone questioning the chemistry between Ziggler and Langston should watch raw this week because they have good chemistry and on ppv they can have a great match with no awkwardness at all.

And for me, Ziggler is really a guy who can definitely be no.2-3 and even be representing the company and go to talk shows and more and he's still great.

Thanks to Bender and Stefan.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter75 View Post
    I was under the impression Ziggler was doing fine as a face. Besides, he's been getting pops for almost a year now (remember the "Let's Go Ziggler" chants during his match with Sheamus at NWO?).
    In smarky New Jersey. They want to make sure he's over in every market.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I hope Del Rio isn't champ anymore if/when Dolph goes for the title. They have great matches but they've had too many matches already.

surrender

Banned

Faces always have to overcome obstacles on their way to the title. He had it, he lost it, now he has to fight like Hell to get it back. It's called sports entertainment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I hope Del Rio isn't champ anymore if/when Dolph goes for the title. They have great matches but they've had too many matches already.
    I dunno, I agree but at the same time Ziggler needs his revenge for the concussion. A steel cage match would be good to end their feud.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKid View Post
    I dunno, I agree but at the same time Ziggler needs his revenge for the concussion. A steel cage match would be good to end their feud.
    Sounds good.

Nah, a hell in a cell would be better.

I really hope this feud is just as much for Big E as it is for Ziggler.

Thread Information